WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Is BLM sweating people for being out?

Riverfamlee

Reaction score
Anyone been out riding lately? Curious if they are closing areas or stopping people

green250

Reaction score
Barstow was fine. Lots of people. If you get stopped riding you're too slow! Probably going out again this weekend. Maybe some single track in Silverwood

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Meaney77

Reaction score
Some people I know were out at Dove Springs last weekend with no issues.

We were thinking about heading out this weekend but may wait until early next week when the weather is a little warmer.

Singleton

Reaction score
Heard rumors folks getting stopped going from SD to Glamis last weekend,
However, those are rumors, no one I know that went to Glamis got stopped

jones performance

Reaction score
blm wasnt even out and about in glamis last weekend. shit even the border patrol station on the 78 between glamis and blythe was closed and cones moved off the road.

gqchris

Reaction score
I cant imagine the desert being closed. But I did see an alert that if you get hurt, you are on your own! No staff to respond.

crzy2bealive

Reaction score
Careful this thread my get shit on becuase your not staying in your house. Fucking dooms day bunker fucks.

Have fun at the desert!! Wish I could be out riding!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Kbach

Reaction score
Was out at Ridgecrest from fri to Monday and only saw a few people. Beautiful weather, perfect dirt and great friends...and of course they were always at least 6' away!!
IMG_0210.jpg

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
blm wasnt even out and about in glamis last weekend. shit even the border patrol station on the 78 between glamis and blythe was closed and cones moved off the road.
Haha that’s because Mexicans aren’t sneaking into America anymore thanks to Trump and Corona 😉

yz450mm

Reaction score
BLM California COVID-19 Updates

Continuing our service to the public while doing our part to address COVID-19 is very important. You may continue to enjoy BLM-managed public lands. The health and safety of staff and visitors is our number one priority. Following guidance from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention’s and California’s shelter in place order, BLM California is temporarily changing some of our facilities and services in the state.

Visitors may continue to enjoy BLM-managed public lands in a safe and responsible manner. We recommend visiting areas close to home while avoiding very popular or crowded locations where social distancing may be difficult and limiting group activities to members of your household. Please note that existing rules and regulations apply. Entrance fees have been waived. Other fees, such as overnight camping, cabin rentals, group day use, and use of special areas will remain in effect.

The BLM urges visitors to do their part when visiting your public lands as some visitor services may be limited due to limited staff availability in some areas. We recommend:

• bringing your own supplies such as disinfecting wipes, hand sanitizer, and toilet paper
  • packing out your trash
  • reducing the handling of cash by paying recreation fees through Recreation.gov or with a check, where available
Follow local, state, and CDC guidance:

• maintain a safe distance between yourself and other groups
  • limit your group to 10 people or less
  • wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds; or use hand sanitizer if you can’t wash your hands
  • avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth; covering your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze
  • stay home if you feel sick
*** Please note that the BLM will be responsive to changing circumstances, and this information may change at any time. We will do our best to update this information but recommend that you also contact local offices.***

Public Rooms and Visitor Centers

The BLM is temporarily restricting in-person public access to visitor centers and public rooms in our California offices. Please check with individual offices regarding customer services available by phone or email. Visit https://on.doi.gov/38ZT5OI for a complete list of contact information.

yz450mm

Reaction score
Nice! Slash X is closed, but if you guys can support any of the businesses in Lynwood it would probably be a good thing. With Vegas traffic down to zero, everything down there has to be really hurting. LEO probably aren't going to mess with you, so you guys can Cruise the town and get some meals and drinks "to go" for camp.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
We had to get to ocotillo to get our trailer back to storage.

Showed up and there were 2 sheriff choppers flying over the property and neighboring properties.

Figured we are distanced enough as the only 2 people on a 40 acre parcel. No riding or exploring being done. But we had to get out of the house. Have enough fuel to do our entire trip with no stops.

It’s sure nice out here. Should have quarantined here in stead.
B2ED2EFC-346E-4582-9F08-EF834528F366.jpeg

yz450mm

Reaction score
We had to get to ocotillo to get our trailer back to storage.

Showed up and there were 2 sheriff choppers flying over the property and neighboring properties.

Figured we are distanced enough as the only 2 people on a 40 acre parcel. No riding or exploring being done. But we had to get out of the house. Have enough fuel to do our entire trip with no stops.

It’s sure nice out here. Should have quarantined here in stead.
View attachment 859962

Unless they were looking for a fugitive or felon, that would seem like a pretty blatant waste of taxpayer dollars on the helos.

If you ever get tired of putting your trailer in paid storage, I've got lots of room up here at my house in Apple Valley. Very secure, can be plugged in 24/7.

That offer goes for anyone else too...

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
Unless they were looking for a fugitive or felon, that would seem like a pretty blatant waste of taxpayer dollars on the helos.

If you ever get tired of putting your trailer in paid storage, I've got lots of room up here at my house in Apple Valley. Very secure, can be plugged in 24/7.

That offer goes for anyone else too...

I think they’re making sure people are following guidelines (no large groups, keeping distance, etc) there are signs every where out here.

That’s an awesome offer. We keep it at the Koa storage in Temecula which is convenient because that’s where we camp when not at the desert.

RVRKID

Reaction score
We had a great ride today and made it out to The Barn, obviously closed, but got a pic! The BBQ is a self heating deal he saw on Shark tank.

Attachments

• 9A5AF9F2-5E35-485E-A981-55FAFA0BA7DA.jpeg
    9A5AF9F2-5E35-485E-A981-55FAFA0BA7DA.jpeg
    292 KB · Views: 62
  • 40F9FABA-098F-4C51-B6A8-A82C151E1546.jpeg
    40F9FABA-098F-4C51-B6A8-A82C151E1546.jpeg
    404.7 KB · Views: 68
  • 99CB2D0C-257B-43E9-9B3C-325E91B423D7.jpeg
    99CB2D0C-257B-43E9-9B3C-325E91B423D7.jpeg
    250.6 KB · Views: 58