WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Is Hank a Prophet?

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Probably one of the best country songs ever written.

Considering how long ago now, either he could see the future, or not much has changed in decades.

Got a kick out of a few “reaction” videos.😂

Younger black guy that usually focuses on R&B, Rap, etc listened and was mind blown.
Wanted people to comment on when was this song made?
Rewinds to see the video published like 12 years ago, not knowing the song predates youtube by a couple decades or so😂

El Rojo

Reaction score
Probably one of the best country songs ever written.

Considering how long ago now, either he could see the future, or not much has changed in decades.

Got a kick out of a few “reaction” videos.😂

Younger black guy that usually focuses on R&B, Rap, etc listened and was mind blown.
Wanted people to comment on when was this song made?
Rewinds to see the video published like 12 years ago, not knowing the song predates youtube by a couple decades or so😂
I think all those “reaction” vids are fake…

Todd Mohr

Will Race For Beer
Reaction score
One of my favorite songs ever. 1st county song I ever liked. 1st heard it in the mid eighties.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
For a second I thought you were talking about @HavasuHank . 100 percent, that guys a prophet.
Dude, you ain’t lying.
Never met the man.
But he posted a tomato chicken soup recipe long ago that made me a hero in my wife’s eye.😂
After working a 12 hour shift she walks into a house smelling like that?
Is one of her favorite things I make👍

Joker

Reaction score
Dude, you ain’t lying.
Never met the man.
But he posted a tomato chicken soup recipe long ago that made ma a hero in my wife’s eye.😂
After working a 12 hour shift she walks into a house smelling like that?
Is one of her favorite things I make👍
@HavasuHank is one of the most genuine individuals I've met here on the boards. Between him,@McRib and @BUDMAN , that's a hell of a solid crew.

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
Best song and my most favorite song ever!

Hank is a legend that will never be matched!!

The question is, who here knows what a "trot line" is?
Redneck fishing line, who has time hang onto a fishing pole when you’re drinking beer, pretty sure they’re illegal everywhere🤣

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
My Grandpa was a commercial fisherman on the Havana River in Illinois. I lived with him for awhile had to get up at 4am and go set trot lines for catfish. Troughs full of trot lines on the boat and a bitch not to get tangled as you lay them in the water. Once those were laid in the morning we'd go gather the nets that soaked all night. Empty the fish and organize the nets. Then back out at dark to drop the nets for the night and pick up the trot lines. The clean, fillet and package the fish and he would go every other day and sit on the side of the road and sale the fish out of the back of his truck. He also made fish traps that we had to steam the wood to build. Those were mainly for crawdads for bait. But he sold a ton of the traps. Good ol' memories!! RIP Gramps!!

Last edited:

OkHallett270

Reaction score
I used to fish trot lines and limb lines with my dad as a kid in the North Canadian River in Ofuskee county Oklahoma. I wasn’t aware that trot lines were illegal. Could be but we were on private land.

angiebaby

Mountain Mama
Reaction score
Best song and my most favorite song ever!

Hank is a legend that will never be matched!!

The question is, who here knows what a "trot line" is?

I do :) Never used one, but I know what it is.

Of course he's a prohet. The world is going to hell in a handbasket. Why do you think we moved to Montucky? Have you seen the kickass garden that my man built for me? 😍 We both grew up in "the country;" self-sufficiency is ingrained in our soul.

Fun fact, Hank Jr has a place in Western Montana also, about 2.5 hours south of us. He spends a lot of time here.

Last edited:

Wave Hi

Reaction score
I thought you were talking about this Hank ..!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240712_180314_X.jpg
    Screenshot_20240712_180314_X.jpg
    445.6 KB · Views: 0