WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Is Internet addiction a disease?

Phebus

Past Poster.
Reaction score
Try to walk away fuckers. See if you can turn your computer off for a week.

Tom Brown

Epsilon contributor
Reaction score
I don't consider it a disease but it's definitely a compulsion that can be unhealthy.

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
I could easily walk away for a week. But if everyone did that, the site could possibly fail and go away. If that happened, I couldn't live with the guilt. So I do my part by logging in once an hour for the overall good of the people...not for me. ;)

It's like that parity song about Elvis (think it was called Elvis Was A Narc):

"Elvis believed that every pill that he'd eat, would be one less on the street. Elvis did it all for you and me. "

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
I'm addicted to eating, breathing, drinking water and crapping when I wake up every morning :)

2 Tapatalk 1 Cup

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
Hehe so addictive. I take a week off every now and then when I go on vacation. Purposely leave all that shit off.

Faceaz

Reaction score
Try to walk away fuckers. See if you can turn your computer off for a week.

I'd say yes. I decided to cut back about a month ago & actually feel really good about it. I was going to 3 or 4 sites about 7 to 8 times a day. Decided it was too much, so I cut it way back. Can't completely get rid of it (email, etc), now I'm only spending about 10 minutes total per day on the computer.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Funny....

I actually did this last year.

I went 1 week without even opening up a single site and another week not posting.

Not all that tough but it gets kind of boring at work talking to co workers and clients....lol

6Trophies

Banned
Reaction score
The easiest way to see if you can live without this site is to get banned from it. That'll test your mettle :D

KENDOG689

Banned
Reaction score
I never take it with when I leave home.Its kind of a break from the norm.Nice to just sit on the patio and enjoy the AZ desert.:thumbsup

shueman

Reaction score
Not so much the computer, but the SMARTPHONE...people are def. addicted to them...walking around staring at tiny screens, oblivious to the world around them.

The Art of Conversation is dead...

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
Look Phebus....I am not addicted. I just like it a lot. :rolleyes:

I am not an alcoholic. I am a drunk. Alcoholics go to meetings. Drunks go to parties! :skull

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Look Phebus....I am not addicted. I just like it a lot. :rolleyes:

I am not an alcoholic. I am a drunk. Alcoholics go to meetings. Drunks go to parties! :skull

Thats some serious sig line material right there! :thumbsup

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Not so much the computer, but the SMARTPHONE...people are def. addicted to them...walking around staring at tiny screens, oblivious to the world around them.

The Art of Conversation is dead...

True, but alternate forms of communication allow you to keep abreast of friends across the globe, which is simply impossible with traditional conversation.

But those who continue to perfect the art of conversation will have the advantage so long as they also use alternate forms of communication, methinks.

2 Tapatalk 1 Cup

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
LOL good luck with that.. and I can see if your online in "invisible" mode.. :D

RD

Logged out of here, my other forums and FB. Missed the daily banter, but life went on, got some shit done too.

Oh, and it's you're :D

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
The easiest way to see if you can live without this site is to get banned from it. That'll test your mettle :D

Nah, when you're banned you can just come back with a new screen name. If people thought of trophies as flags, they'd have you pegged.

RUNNINHOTRACING163.1

Reaction score
whats internet ?

ROCK ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/190649028759
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-BOAT-TRA...089d56&vxp=mtr

ITS A SKATER NATION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[video=youtube;U4SUmhhzQdI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4SUmhhzQdI&feature=relmfu[/video]
[video=youtube;r5pzqdk9rIk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5pzqdk9rIk[/video]
[video=youtube;t3Dg0eyfOqY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3Dg0eyfOqY[/video]