WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Is it just me...

TEBBY

Reaction score
Or is Havasu in desperate need of a watering hole like Fox's?!!

Why the hell is there no place near the water that has a laid back classic rock kinda joint...??

USMC2010

Reaction score
Maybe but it seems most popular to launch and beach in the channel, I am beginning to prefer a nice run to Havasu Springs, Topock or Pirates. The wife always says we can drive/walk to the channel so why leave the pool in the back yard if that is the destination.

HgH Vltg

Reaction score
I am beginning to prefer a nice run to Havasu Springs, Topock or Pirates.

The last 3 trips of last year, that was exactly what we did. This year, I imagine we'll hit the channel first, then off to pirates.

Singleton

Reaction score
Maybe but it seems most popular to launch and beach in the channel, I am beginning to prefer a nice run to Havasu Springs, Topock or Pirates. The wife always says we can drive/walk to the channel so why leave the pool in the back yard if that is the destination.

Our trips for the last 8 summers.
Saturday = find a nice cove on the south side and chill
Sunday = Topock then Pirates beach

TEBBY

Reaction score
Pirates and the new topock don't have even close to same feel as Fox's and Roadrunner...
The old Topock was close tho.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
One of the main reasons I like Parker and their are now more cool spots on the Parker Strip than ever.
Food good everyplace except RR.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
At Parker you have to stop at every bar. If not you have to turn around every 10 minutes.

hallett21

Reaction score
Havasu to me has always been about the adventure you and your crew have that day. Parker is more of a early morning ski followed by hanging and bar hoping. After a few parker trips I miss covering 50-100 miles on havasu.

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
Or is Havasu in desperate need of a watering hole like Fox's?!!

Why the hell is there no place near the water that has a laid back classic rock kinda joint...??

Naked turtle. And the bar at The Heat is kinda cool.

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
I never said they were bad, they are ok, just not that kind of hang.

I get what you're saying. I don't think there's much waterfront available for many new places anyways. It's obviously a different place. I spend equal amounts of time in both Parker and Havasu. Don't really like one over the other. I like them both.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
One of the main reasons I like Parker and their are now more cool spots on the Parker Strip than ever.
Food good everyplace except RR.

Gonna have to disagree.. I'll take RR food over foxes any day of the week.

USMC2010

Reaction score
We have only boated on Parker once several years ago and it was a miserable experience. Maybe it is time for another look.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
There are a few on land.. But you are right, on the water nothing like Parker.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Drink all day in a secluded cove on the south end of the lake, cruise home as the sun sets, tie up at barley brothers for dinner, slow cruise back to Windsor around 10 at night, stop on the way to the ramp and knock it out in the middle of the lake, hit Windsor around 10:03 and get the boat out, nobody around, go home, sleep, repeat.

TEBBY

Reaction score
It would be so cool if there was something like Fox's on the lake

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
I like launching early and heading south. Find a nice cove and beach to relax on and then head to Springs for lunch and libations, then back North to the Channel or speed alley to hang for the afternoon.

2Driver

Reaction score
The river is an escape from the norm. I can go to any big city for a theme place de jour

IMO Worn in places with charachter like old Topock, RR, Foxes are the river.

Angler

Tritoon Racing
Reaction score
Love both Havasu and Parker during the week. Weekends I just hit the sand Bars and hang out. Headed to Parker in the morning for a week. Should be pretty empty an Emerald Cove!! :thumbsup

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
I don't really have a reason to drink booze all day when boating....nor do I enjoy all that much classic rock. [emoji14] [emoji1]

yz450mm

Reaction score
At Parker you have to stop at every bar. If not you have to turn around every 10 minutes.
Not if you have a slow pontoon, then its every hour. Plus bar stops, which makes it every 3 hours, lol. 😄