WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Is it me or has the market in Havasu made another huge jump!

Tank

Reaction score
Seems like just a few months ago you could find a pool house / RV garage 3+2 in the high 5's. Take away the RV or pool and low fives / high 4's. Now it seems same house mid 6's. Market is just out of control in Havasu. Sucks for me. 👎
Great for you that own out there. 😁

Every time I'm scanning Zillow I'm just like, "WTF?"

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Seems like just a few months ago you could find a pool house / RV garage 3+2 in the high 5's. Take away the RV or pool and low fives / high 4's. Now it seems same house mid 6's. Market is just out of control in Havasu. Sucks for me. 👎
Great for you that own out there. 😁

Every time I'm scanning Zillow I'm just like, "WTF?"

Our agent friend pushed us to sell...we remodeled and kept it instead. glad we did. It's getting nuts.

Tank

Reaction score
Our agent friend pushed us to sell...we remodeled and kept it instead. glad we did. It's getting nuts.

Straight up California prices. You can buy basically the same house (3+2 2 car garage on average lot) in California a few block (ok, maybe 5-10 miles) in from the beach for the same or nearly the same amount as they're going for in Havasu. Crazy.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Straight up California prices. You can buy basically the same house (3+2 2 car garage on average lot) in California a few block (ok, maybe 5-10 miles) in from the beach for the same or nearly the same amount as they're going for in Havasu. Crazy.
Yep!!! It’s stupid right now. I was looking a year or so ago maybe 18 months and I could barely afford to get in. We passed and now not even looking.

sintax

Reaction score
nope, its beyond nuts.

house across the street just sold for 630k, and since he moved in at the end of Dec, hes dumped 120k in hardscape / pool

petie6464

Reaction score
Yes, looking a few of mine over seems 8-10% value increases rolling over every 30 days according to Zillow for what's that's worth, not getting to excited.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
You can sell in Havasu for a big profit, but then you a) need to find another house and b) pay the higher prices, almost makes it pointless

This was our logic...my only gripe on our house as @Shlbyntro can attest is that its a BITCH to back into if there is traffic after a lake day. Then again I'm an asshole and will make you wait while I thread the needle.

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
here is the house you need. this one actually went down in price already.
You could rent out the lower garages for storage each one is 20x50 and have never been used.

riverroyal

Reaction score
You could rent out the lower garages for storage each one is 20x50 and have never been used.
huh? place is horrible

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
huh? place is horrible

$200k or so in updates and that house would sell for way more. Same builder/interior as ours...except we gutted and updated. If someone had the coin and time thats a good canvas... Prices are crazy regardless.

C-2

Reaction score
15-years ago my brother spent about $600K building a custom home up in the equestrian area. I thought it would be hard to recover his investment. Nope, realtor said he can easily sell it for $1.7

I said "Hey, now you can move back to Cali" Yeah that didn't go over too well, lol.

Crazy

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
Is it the camera angle or do you have to be Wilt Chamberlain to reach the cabinet over the island? :p

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Is it the camera angle or do you have to be Wilt Chamberlain to reach the cabinet over the island? :p

Never used ours..had it 100% removed and the drywall patched over...one of the 3 dumbest things in the world that builder did.

Singleton

Reaction score
You can sell in Havasu for a big profit, but then you a) need to find another house and b) pay the higher prices, almost makes it pointless

Same in Carlsbad (1 mile from beach). We purchased for low 6, got an offer for 1.1 (house is not listed). I told the agent 1.6,buyer pays all closing costs, agent fees, etc and you have a deal. Got no response (that was the plan). If I could clear 1M I would sell in a minute :)

The big problem - we currently don’t want to move (next move period will be when daughter starts middle school) and places around us are going for insane money.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
was the builder Herman Munster? :p

Honestly I don't remember the name but that damn cabinet, and the hideous fireplace/bookshelves, cabinet design in the kitchen Is in every damn one of them... It's all gone in ours now. They should have treated the guy for a lack of taste...probably was a democrat. 🤣

NicPaus

Reaction score
Where in CA by the beach? Torrance is at a million for a starter home. Lomita realtor has a young first time buyer looking found 1 for $820 3/2/2 and bidding war. My neighbor across and over a few houses listed Friday. 3 offers over asking listed at 740k bidding war now. 3/2/2 freshly remodeled. One next door to me needs full remodel tons of termite damage listed at $925k I am in the hood. Working on 1 in LA just north of LAX. 2500 sq ft going to be listed for 2 million soon. It's out of control here. I was looking at the one listed earlier by RDP and nice house in the 500k range Havasu nicer than the one for 2 million.

Riverbottom

Reaction score
You should check Parker prices in the last month. River front houses in rough shape 2.5 mil. 35' X 70' vacant lots on Bean pot hill in Lakeside 115 K . No inventory to sell, and what comes on the market has multiple offers the first day. It is crazy right now.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
This compound by my house was on the market for less than a week. $1.5m asking, pool is over 1000 sq feet.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
I am with you. An entry level home went from $350 to $400 since January. Just middle of the road 3/2 1500sq ft on 1/4 acre. No RV garage, no pool

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
I'm good . . . was gonna try to snag some low-level piece of property out there & build-out or remodel.
Too much of a circus-act out there now for this kid. ✌

catman

Reaction score
Havasu Springs Resort.. Last three that sold in the 700's up on the hill above the outter harbor sold for 500k. There is a dump up there that just listed for 615k. You are writing a check as the banks will not finance on rented land (space rent). All 3 are doing 150k+ remodels (good for me) and have new boats on order. Where is all the $$$$ coming from.. 1bed 1 bath no view 200k.. I am on the island at the springs and have been told i can get 600+. Not going anywhere. Crazy times

Jefftowz

Formerly Old School Ultra
Reaction score
My 60 year old house 1600sqft is $925,000.. Fricken stupid... My wife and my bank account are loving the housing market, she is selling house like McD's sells burgers...

JB in so cal

Reaction score
Gutting houses and rebuilding in Havasu. $100k here. $100k there. Is the labor force able to a) commit to a contract and b) able to find people, materials, and equipment?

Tank

Reaction score
I wish I bought when my buddy bought a BRAND NEW corner lot 3+2 3 car garage on the south end in 1999 for 99k. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️It sounds stupid cheap now but even in 99 it was cheap.

Tank

Reaction score
Gutting houses and rebuilding in Havasu. $100k here. $100k there. Is the labor force able to a) commit to a contract and b) able to find people, materials, and equipment?

Simple answer — absolutely not!!

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I wish I bought when my buddy bought a BRAND NEW corner lot 3+2 3 car garage on the south end in 1999 for 99k. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️It sounds stupid cheap now but even in 99 it was cheap.

It was about that in 2010.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Ha Ha. I paid $7,500 for a lot and 39K to build a 2 bedroom 2 car in 86’. Should have bought more lots at the time. 🤔

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Same in Carlsbad (1 mile from beach). We purchased for low 6, got an offer for 1.1 (house is not listed). I told the agent 1.6,buyer pays all closing costs, agent fees, etc and you have a deal. Got no response (that was the plan). If I could clear 1M I would sell in a minute :)

The big problem - we currently don’t want to move (next move period will be when daughter starts middle school) and places around us are going for insane money.

it doesn’t sound like their offer was too far off for you to clear 1 mill?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
This compound by my house was on the market for less than a week. $1.5m asking, pool is over 1000 sq feet.

that actually looks like a deal given the climate.

Wmc

The Mayor
Reaction score
I think you did pretty good on your last sell and your new purchase. 🤔 All about timing

Singleton

Reaction score
it doesn’t sound like their offer was too far off for you to clear 1 mill?

if I factor what I have left to pay, it was within reason.
wife and I agreed next window to move is when the youngest changes school (elementary to middle then middle to HS), or if I get recruited to another company that relocates me.

PlanB

Reaction score

We bought in 2000, but in 1999 I went out there to look at a lot that Dave from DCB owned. It was on the South end of town with a killer view but the driveway would have been steep. Dave wanted 13K for it and we passed and ended up with our house less than a year later. I wish I would have bought that lot as well.

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
Bwahahahaha....there are gonna be some upside down mutha fuckas eventually. Fuck that shit. No way that shit is gonna stick imo. 😁

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
It is a weird time for sure. I think a lot of people are looking back and saying WTF on a lot of things they thought were important. Today I was catching up with an old friend and peer and he told me his wife lost four family members in the last year (mom, dad, aunt, and twin brother) to covid. It put a lot of things into perspective for me. Pent up demand, politics aside there are some people changing their priorities and it is showing.