WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Is it time to be concerned?

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
Watch yore salt intake. Processed foods have alot of sodium. Read the box before eating it. Fast food is the worst

Its pretty easy to lower sodium intake by avoiding or reducing a few key things.

for mw it was fried food and sou sauce. Damn

Nordie

Reaction score
Yeah we've been eating badly lately. I took yesterday off as I was debating on an ER trip or not. My wife was upset when I decided against it. In fact at dinner time she threw plain chicken and a salad at me and said I'm on a diet now. I'mactually going to seek out a primary care physician and go get a check up.

So yesterdayI only had 3 small chews and a couple beers. This morning my BP was 102/85. After the phone starting ringing and loading up material I hit 114/98. When I got to the job a 20 minute drive I was 100/87. I think I am done with chewing tobacco.

cofooter

Reaction score
Yeah we've been eating badly lately. I took yesterday off as I was debating on an ER trip or not. My wife was upset when I decided against it. In fact at dinner time she threw plain chicken and a salad at me and said I'm on a diet now. I'mactually going to seek out a primary care physician and go get a check up.

So yesterdayI only had 3 small chews and a couple beers. This morning my BP was 102/85. After the phone starting ringing and loading up material I hit 114/98. When I got to the job a 20 minute drive I was 100/87. I think I am done with chewing tobacco.
Coffee makes mine go up, not to that level though. I get dizzy if I have coffee and don't eat, maybe same with chew, must be due to BP. When I get mine measured it is no alcohol, no coffee, and no salt for 24hrs before.

Last edited:

Joker

Reaction score

I quit a year and a half ago. It's not that difficult but you'll find yourself wanting to chew on something like seeds or toothpicks, both of which are difficult now with this mask bs.

Nordie

Reaction score
I quit a year and a half ago. It's not that difficult but you'll find yourself wanting to chew on something like seeds or toothpicks, both of which are difficult now with this mask bs.

I've done it twice now, all it takes is a few too many beers and buddy that you know has a can. I'm getting ready to order some baccoff, you can get nicotine free. I had a pinch on the highway and I checked after I got off the highway and the BP had climbed quite a bit. At this rate I should probably quit, because I think my wife is going to kill me right now.

EmpirE231

Reaction score
blood pressure fluctuates quite a bit throughout the day.... but you shouldn't be seeing the numbers posted in the beginning of this thread.

franky

Reaction score
Better life through pharmaceuticals

franky

Reaction score
Arm raised, arm extended, hand clenched, hand stretched out flat.....pick a number

KenJoeBob

Drunk Member
Reaction score
Quit dipping it makes a big difference on the BP. I quit about 8 years ago and still chew on straws.

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
When ever you’re doing too get it that high, I hope you’re enjoying it because you haven’t got much time left.

Nordie

Reaction score
114/78 almost 24 hours without any chewing tobacco. My back right pocket feels so empty. I did cheat and have 2 small chews yesterday, which ironically enough it jacked up my pressure super high. Threw my remaining cans away this morning. Tomorrow my placebo shows up. That blood pressure check scared me into quitting.

Ballyhoo

Reaction score
114/78 almost 24 hours without any chewing tobacco. My back right pocket feels so empty. I did cheat and have 2 small chews yesterday, which ironically enough it jacked up my pressure super high. Threw my remaining cans away this morning. Tomorrow my placebo shows up. That blood pressure check scared me into quitting.
Take your bp twice a day at the same times and document the findings. Maybe like when you get up and when you go to bed. Make an appt with your doc and bring those readings with you. I would get at least two weeks worth of readings. The small at home machines work, you just need to follow the instructions, including sitting for five minutes or so before taking the first reading.

EmpirE231

Reaction score

well now you are in a totally normal good range. Sounds like quitting was the right choice.

fmo24

Reaction score
What ballyhoo said. My pressure is always high in the Dr office but at home it is in good ranges. I keep a journal to take To my cardiologist so he can adjust meds if needed

Nordie

Reaction score
Take your bp twice a day at the same times and document the findings. Maybe like when you get up and when you go to bed. Make an appt with your doc and bring those readings with you. I would get at least two weeks worth of readings. The small at home machines work, you just need to follow the instructions, including sitting for five minutes or so before taking the first reading.

That's what I did yesterday, yesterday morning around the same time I was 102/85, yesterday afternoon after a chew (experimented in a way) and it was definitely elevated. I'll take another reading this evening and begin the documentation process. Whether good or bad, the past two mornings have put me at ease a little bit.

fmo24

Reaction score
That's what I did yesterday, yesterday morning around the same time I was 102/85, yesterday afternoon after a chew (experimented in a way) and it was definitely elevated. I'll take another reading this evening and begin the documentation process. Whether good or bad, the past two mornings have put me at ease a little bit.
When starting your records make sure to include pulse along with other readings.