WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Is Ocotillio Wells closed for camping

BMABITY

Reaction score
I see on their website that overnight camping is prohibited, is this really being enforced?

Planning to take the kids out the day after Xmas for a few nights. I typically stay of the SR22 and Holly rd.

Thanks in advance!

4Waters

Reaction score
It's a state park so it's closed

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
WTF would they do if you were there OUTSIDE not around others, enjoying yourself?

SHOCKtheMONKEY

Reaction score
I see on their website that overnight camping is prohibited, is this really being enforced?

Planning to take the kids out the day after Xmas for a few nights. I typically stay of the SR22 and Holly rd.

Thanks in advance!
You might try calling the Ranger station and ask. 760 767 5391
We were out there camping for five days around December 5th when they started the day use only. I called and spoke to a ranger who said they weren't going to kick any campers out. I hope that's still the case, going for the week in a few days.
Good Luck!

redone76

Reaction score
Had New Years reservations at Silver Strand state beach in Coronado...got cancelled on the 17th. Thanks Newsome!

DLC

Reaction score
Take split Mtn road all the way to the end turn left front age dirt road along the rail road tracks head east about a mile good camping along the dirt road.

also lake bed (left side )after the 2nd turn on split Mtn road go past lake bed access is on the south end of the lake bed camp on the around the edges - head east for good riding!

78 to imperial county line turn rt ( south ) you’ll find a good spot about 1/3 to 1/2 of the way to the Blue Inn. It will get busy

it’s all BLM land

Reactions: DWC

DLC

Reaction score
50D61556-08EA-43A3-A03E-E74482449D33.jpeg
31E9119A-D5F0-4425-AB94-807A866353CC.jpeg
AA69E916-BD74-4A69-A61E-800A613D0B60.jpeg

welldigger00

Reaction score
I was out in the area last week, and I drove down the 22 from the 86. Not one single trailer or motorhome at ocotillo, or truckhaven. Maybe people are out there now, I don’t know. There were campers over by the airport, there is a private property area that people go to, that don’t get hassled, because it is private land. It’s small though. Like a hundred acres, but I think you can get access to borrego and ocotillo from it. Hope that helps...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kylemenz1

Reaction score
Fuck that! Since they let protesters riot and bums park their run down motorhomes anywhere they want I’ll camp wherever I please. Campers just need to show up and do it. They cannot “kick” everyone off of “state property”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HBCraig

Reaction score
That absolutely sucks. We used to camp about a mile or two east of the OW Ranger Station. So much fun.

Hallett285

Reaction score
OW is closed but the south side of 78 is Blm and not closed. Probably gonna be crowded all to hell.
F Newscum [emoji34]
This is where we're going to be.

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

D19

Reaction score
We are headed to Glamis after the weekend. Hoping it's not more crowded because of the Ocotillo shut down.

SHOCKtheMONKEY

Reaction score
I called the ranger station and the lady I spoke with indicated that they will ask you to leave. If you don't leave they will come back the next day and give you a citation. She didn't know how much the citation was. She also indicated there was no night riding.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
I called the ranger station and the lady I spoke with indicated that they will ask you to leave. If you don't leave they will come back the next day and give you a citation. She didn't know how much the citation was. She also indicated there was no night riding.

This is how you know we’re being bamboozled. It’s not a risk for Covid when the sun is up but as soon as the sun goes down now the Covid will get you. Then if that bullshit line doesn’t work they’ll attempt to profit from you by issuing you a citation.

A bunch of fucking lemmings if you can’t connect these dots.

It’s not the states land. It is the citizens and taxpayers land. Fuck them!

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Just make a few "peaceful protest" signs for your rigs, atv's, and bikes. Problem solved.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

D19

Reaction score
I think everyone should go anyways, but people will not.

This is why I believe a civil war would never happen again. People are too scared to camp and face a fine let alone wage deadly war with the Federal Gov.

We live in sad times.

Marine Industries West

Reaction score
Got here yesterday. Camped off pole line road. Definitely thin compared to years past. Not sure if the Sunday crowd was leaving or what. Saw lots of rigs headed home on freeway. Anyways, night one with no drama. Have other friends camped up the road, have been here for two nights with no problems.

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
Got here yesterday. Camped off pole line road. Definitely thin compared to years past. Not sure if the Sunday crowd was leaving or what. Saw lots of rigs headed home on freeway. Anyways, night one with no drama. Have other friends camped up the road, have been here for two nights with no problems.

I did a day trip yesterday to scout out a few spots. South of 78 is packed and a dust bowl. Riding was wide open though.

8E1C2274-B891-4194-B1AD-EC25C7DC88DB.jpeg

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
anyone have an update? Was planning on heading to superstition this weekend, but if the rangers are keeping it cool in OW we may just head there.

HBCraig

Reaction score
If it is that thin in terms of the crowd the riding should be epic. Years past have been brutal out by Gas Dome, Shell Reef, etc. Super crowded

Marine Industries West

Reaction score
I’ve been here since Sunday with no issues. Several camps. Not crowded though. Riding has been great. Wide open trails. Definitely getting more crowded since yesterday.

floatn turd

Reaction score
Fuck that! Since they let protesters riot and bums park their run down motorhomes anywhere they want I’ll camp wherever I please. Campers just need to show up and do it. They cannot “kick” everyone off of “state property”

Take a "black guy" with you.

Booya! Problem solved.

BMABITY

Reaction score
Just got back late yesterday from 3 nights camping off Holly. No issues at all, rangers drove right by us and waved. Those who plan to head out, go and enjoy the desert!

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Just got back late yesterday from 3 nights camping off Holly. No issues at all, rangers drove right by us and waved. Those who plan to head out, go and enjoy the desert!

Great to hear. It's the height of arrogance, power/control and stupidity that these places are "closed" and it's hugely disappointing that people aren't going anyway.

Both Ocotillo Wells and Anza-Borrego Desert State Park websites have the same "closed" messages on them:

The difference between the 2 parks is this: A-B DSP allows only street legal vehicles while Ocotillo Wells allows OHV as well. That's why we've always stayed and spent most of our time in A-B DSP as it keeps the little kids on their rides out making it safer for them and for vehicles in A-B DSP. We visit Ocotillo Wells whenever we're there just to see what's going on and visit friends who are there but we do most of our wheeling in A-B DSP.

WildHorses24

Reaction score

Curious how many camps were out in that area? Was there anyone a little further west on the other side of the 4x4 park? Damn I knew we should have just said fuck it and go...

SHOCKtheMONKEY

Reaction score
Just got back from Ocotillo. Arrived Tuesday, no hassles at all. Superstition was PACKED!!!

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
I was camped across from you. The dually looked legit with the new shoes.

Thanks. A little bigger than I originally wanted to go, but I’m loving the look and she stands out for sure.

Should’ve stopped by and said Hi.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Thanks. A little bigger than I originally wanted to go, but I’m loving the look and she stands out for sure.

Should’ve stopped by and said Hi.

Right on. I’ll stop by next time if I see you guys out [emoji106]

SHOCKtheMONKEY

Reaction score
<iframe width="853" height="480" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
That spot we are camped will be my new spot. I really liked it.

That’s a great spot. We’ve always stayed across the little wash from where you were. I don’t tell anyone about it as I’ve been sworn to secrecy or I’m out of the circle of trust for life lol

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
That’s a great spot. We’ve always stayed across the little wash from where you were. I don’t tell anyone about it as I’ve been sworn to secrecy or I’m out of the circle of trust for life lol

Same goes for our group and the new spot. Only downside is it’s littered with nails and broken glass. We spent a big part of the weekend cleaning up so our dogs didn’t get hurt. 👎👎

3.Slow

Reaction score
Our friends went out on Tuesday and found a spot south of the 78, both with 4x4 trucks and trailers. I showed up Wednesday afternoon, got stuck going in, and buried it getting out on Saturday. 2 other motorhomes that were soposed to be with us had to camp a couple hundred yards away because they couldn't make it to the spot.
20210102_171313.jpg

I will stick to the truckhaven area next time, I was told it was closed but I saw campers in there on my way out and on my way home.

SHOCKtheMONKEY

Reaction score
I camped at Cahuilla Trail and Gas Dome a few minutes from Shell Reef.
On Sunday evening someone was target shooting for about an hour, never heard anybody shooting out there before.

JayBreww

Reaction score
I camped at Cahuilla Trail and Gas Dome a few minutes from Shell Reef.
On Sunday evening someone was target shooting for about an hour, never heard anybody shooting out there before.

That’s our usual spot. SE side of gas dome.