WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Is Seattle worth going to?

Englewood

Reaction score
Zillow is offering to fly me (and a guest) up there for 3 days, all expenses paid...Is there anything fun to do there? It would be mid August.

Spudsbud

Reaction score
Whats the hook?
Gotta be something?
How many houses you gotta look at?

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
I spent a number of years flying to Seattle every week for work, I fucking hate it. Lol

Having said that, we went there for a Valentines Day weekend a few years ago, and it was great. Stayed downtown, ate good food, wine tasting at Chateau St Michelle, Pikes market etc.

It was a good weekend.

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
That is only one small step different than saying "is SF worth going to?" The difference is there is no bay to separate Oakland from the city.

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
mmmmmm, lots of sight seeing... just depends on what you are in for. stay downtown and take on some scenery (underground tour and visit pikes place) and a ballgame maybe. rent a car and go see some beautiful open country, maybe snoqualie falls (?).

LakeBeard

Reaction score
Rock and roll hall of fame is bad ass, I went a few years ago w/ my wife. We had a blast. I would go again, we stayed in the queen anne area. everything was walking distance.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Good food and cool things to check out.....Seattle's cool (traffic sux so try and stay close to pikes/downtown and just uber)

I love traveling and free makes it even better :D

outboard_256

Reaction score
I spent a couple of days their before leaving for a cruise. I really liked the underground city tour. It was pretty interesting. They also have that big needle thing, wasn't as impressive.

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
Great breweries , do a Road Dog tour . Also take a ferry to an island and back . Watch out for pick-pockets and thieves.

sirbob

Reaction score
See libs and fish toss - right across from the first starbux

The salmon ladder is cool and a ferry ride or two.

However it's only nice 3 days a year there and they might have already happened.

Times Like These

Reaction score
Boating is awesome in the Seattle area. You could boat your whole life up there and never make it out to the Pacific.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

SixD9R

Reaction score
Mount Rainier is pretty nice to spend a day or longer at. Plus August is a good time to go- very little rain that time of year.

sintax

Reaction score
I actually was just up there and had a blast.

I really enjoyed the food, fresh air, and trees. While it is a big city, it really does not feel like it. I would recommend staying in the University District, and staying totally away from downtown and any of that shitty tourist trap areas. I found tons of cool dive bars (a lot with great pinball machines) and killer food. I stumbled across this late night Korean chicken wing / beer joint that was just too good.

There are a ton of pretentious fucks up there, but hell we have those here in SoCal too, if you go around focusing on the negative you miss all the good shit.

Buggydave

Reaction score
Sea Fair is a blast, if you are on a boat anyway. Like the old days of Copper Canyon X 100! People rent barges and you can tie up to the barges and for like $10 each they have kegs and bbq, all you can drink. Dominoes pizza driving around in boats and PWC's selling pizza's. I don't remember most of the weekend!

milkmoney

Reaction score
I would take the drive over to Leavenworth if it was me after spending one day at pikes place market , also goggle Skagit valley speedway, if you like dirt track racing...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
Lived up there when I contracted for Boeing. Lots of stuff to see, really pretty country there. I did check out the IMAX theatre and the Aquarium downtown.

Rains for Dayz though

I remember the old Rainier Beer commercials ... sounded like a motorcycle winding out

Rainieeer Beeeeeeer LoL

Rondog4405

Reaction score
Besides the political crap...not sure how partial you are to good weather.. I spent 10 days working there years ago and after the first day i fully understood why the suicide rate is off the charts. Rain-gloom-drizzle constant.. Around the clock.. Never been so happy to get back home to fuckin ontario.:D:D. Cali that is

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
Lots of hipsters and homeless, but it’s not as bad as everyone is making it out. I’d do the city for a day or so. Pikes, underground city tour, space needle, etc. and then move on to the outdoors. I go up a couple times a year to visit my buddy in Burlington, and it’s one of my favorite places.

bowtiejunkie

Reaction score
Heading out Friday on a road trip to Seattle with the family. I’ll report back. I figure if I can survive business trips to San Francisco, I can survive Seattle. Plan to do Boeing Everett tour, underground Seattle, fish latter, zoo, Queen Mary tea, etc., then hit Mt. Rainier on the way to Yakima and head south from there.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Free trip on Zillows dime?? All day errr day!!

It is a big city, you will find something cool to do.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
We really enjoyed going to Port Ludlow & venturing out from there by rental boat or car

E4L

Reaction score
Space needle original Starbucks and good brews

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
My parents go up there every once in a while. They really like it, Seahawks game and some good food.

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
Imagine a city with 2 million or more GRADS in it. Welcome to Seattle!!!!

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
This and maybe head up to Leavenworth which is their version of Solvang. Cute town and awesome scenery on the drive in.

https://leavenworth.org/

mmmmmm, lots of sight seeing... just depends on what you are in for. stay downtown and take on some scenery (underground tour and visit pikes place) and a ballgame maybe. rent a car and go see some beautiful open country, maybe snoqualie falls (?).

nuckingfuts

Reaction score
I live just outside of Seattle and can't wait to get to Havasu full time. That being said there are plenty of things to do in Seattle if you have never been there.

nameisbond

Reaction score
I don't like Seattle anymore, its become a shit hole! But the underground tour is cool as is Pike Place market. I agree do the drive up to Leavenworth, after a day in Seattle. When I go to Seattle, I usually stay in Bellevue.

My favorite steakhouse: https://www.johnhowiesteak.com/

LHC Kirby

LifeTime Member
Reaction score
Spent some days there before going on a cruise, nuckingfuts met up with us for drink..... nice guy !!

don't miss the underground tour, that being said there is like 3 different variations of the tour. We took the generic one, they have a adult themed one and a night time spooky one.

Englewood

Reaction score
Damn...You guys are making me want to pass on a paid-for trip. The 2 things that irritate me the most are Liberals and Rain...Might not be a good fit.

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
Damn...You guys are making me want to pass on a paid-for trip. The 2 things that irritate me the most are Liberals and Rain...Might not be a good fit.
Plenty of conservatives in Wa state. They just don't make the news because instead of protesting/ crying they are out boating etc.
When I lived there they had a Rep. Governor.

bowtiejunkie

Reaction score

Just returned from our Seattle trip. Spent 3 days with the family exploring Seattle. Walked and drove all around downtown. Drove a bit in the outskirts. From what we saw, it wasn't anywhere near as bad as San Francisco in regards to homeless, or overall filth in the downtown area. Seattle is clean compared to SF. Maybe we didn't see the worst areas, don't know. It was well worth the drive up and back.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I used to love going to the locks at Ballard and sit and drink beer and eat chowder.
See cool ass boats going in and out of the lake.

JM21

Reaction score
I still want to know why Zillow is flying you up there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

King P.V.

Reaction score
lived in Seattle from 1980 till 91. went from "the most livable city in America" to the biggest shit show around.
I've lived in centrel washington since. Went yesterday. what a mistake. We went to the 1st few "Bite of Seattle" s. been 35 years ago. God, what a fuc show now. 90% of a certin breed of women never learned how to style their hair, dress in anything other than super clingy spandex wayyyyy too tight or how to control their weight. My wife and I sat down and 10 feet across from us this bimbo spread her legs and she had no underwear on. hairiest fuc'n muff Ive ever had the misfortune to see. Long story short, traffic suc'd so bad. construction every block through-out the city. Libtards. I think Ray's Boathouse was very nice but a waiter who didn't have experience to be in such a nice classy joint. ......sigh... . I miss thr good ole days. I can say that's another good reason NOT to go back to the lliberal left side of the state. Ive had this yearzs one and only visit. ...thats enough!!!!

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score

please tell me that you didn't really let these guys influence you on not going... be careful what you ask around here if you not ready for peanut gallery to chime in.

Albert

Reaction score
564854CF-2BA6-4F54-A409-59486325D474.png
55737B07-6B0C-4F17-BCFF-307EFA973304.png

Just sayin

RVR2SNO

Reaction score
Was up there this weekend and really enjoyed it. Worth going to, yes! All expenses paid, hell yes!

If you don’t want to go forward Zillow my info and I’ll gladly go back!

Attachments

• 667CD85D-9DFD-4CA3-BAE8-7F3020F94237.jpeg
    667CD85D-9DFD-4CA3-BAE8-7F3020F94237.jpeg
    133.4 KB · Views: 43

Instigator

Just Livin up to My Name
Reaction score
If you take your own heroin they will supply the needle for you or so they advertise.