WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

IS THERE A DOCTOR IN HOUSE

Windsong

Reaction score
A sago palm thorn is stuck in my finger,it has been about a week it's red and and twice the size .Should I be alarmed?

JB in so cal

Reaction score
If only there was a place to go to get it checked out....:rolleyes

KevinR

Reaction score
So sorry to hear.
What haven't you removed, or had it removed, after a week?:eek

Sandlord

Reaction score
I'm not a doctor but I know that Sago Palms are poisonous.

Heylam

Reaction score
It's festering. You need to pop that fucker like a zit and then pull the thorn out with some tweezers. Start drinking first.

4Waters

Reaction score
Fixed it. :p

If you have the bullshit Obama care then you probably can't find a doctor that will see you, go to the ER by law an emergency room cannot deny you care because of the type of insurance you have they will treat you and Bill your insurance. You can go to UCLA ER with Kaiser, or go to Kaiser ER with blue cross they can't tell you no. Get it fixed.

traquer

Reaction score
Urgent care. Pacific Urgent care in OC is great. $99 if no insurance for doctors visit then a few more bucks for antibiotics.

jet496

Reaction score
My Mother in Law just had to have her finger lanced open due to an infection from a thorn. They said it needed to heal with the wound open. Go have it looked at ASAP. The infection can travel down a canal in your hand through the arm. Not good.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
If you have the bullshit Obama care then you probably can't find a doctor that will see you, go to the ER by law an emergency room cannot deny you care because of the type of insurance you have they will treat you and Bill your insurance. You can go to UCLA ER with Kaiser, or go to Kaiser ER with blue cross they can't tell you no. Get it fixed.
Ok.....So why did you quote me.

grumpy88

Reaction score
In my non professional experience if you made it a week your doing pretty good . I felt like my hand was going to explode last time !

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
It is possible that you have sustained a skin infection from being pricked by the sago palm. These minor injuries could have inoculated bacteria beneath the surface of the skin and as a result causing a skin infection. In order that you treat this infection you will need to have this infection examined by a doctor and you will likely be prescribed a topical corticosteroid along with antibiotics to clear the bacteria causing the infection. Please seek medical attention.

CigAjerk

Reaction score
WTF is with these pussy responses?

Get out a bottle of whiskey. Drink half of it right now.

Get out a razor knife and make sure it's relatively clean...if you're unsure regarding cleanliness heat it up a bit with a soldering torch and pour a little whiskey on it.

Get some electrical tape or mexican chrome (duct tape), some toilet paper and possibly some cotton swabs/balls.

Cut that sumbitch out. If you can't cut it out make sure you have some relatively clean needlenose pliars ready to rock to go deep.

Finish the whiskey and tape it up....the order here only matters if you're using the wife's good towels before you mend yourself.

Not sure what the problem is here.

Windsong

Reaction score
It is possible that you have sustained a skin infection from being pricked by the sago palm. These minor injuries could have inoculated bacteria beneath the surface of the skin and as a result causing a skin infection. In order that you treat this infection you will need to have this infection examined by a doctor and you will likely be prescribed a topical corticosteroid along with antibiotics to clear the bacteria causing the infection. Please seek medical attention.
Thank you!

Windsong

Reaction score

Get out a razor knife and make sure it's relatively clean...if you're unsure regarding cleanliness heat it up a bit with a soldering torch and pour a little whiskey on it.

Get some electrical tape or mexican chrome (duct tape), some toilet paper and possibly some cotton swabs/balls.

Cut that sumbitch out. If you can't cut it out make sure you have some relatively clean needlenose pliars ready to rock to go deep.

Finish the whiskey and tape it up....the order here only matters if you're using the wife's good towels before you mend yourself.

OK

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score

One additional step here with the "man up" cure. We will need video to prove your still deserving of a man card.

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
I had this guy stuck in my palm for about 2 weeks finally was able to get it out with some drawing salve. It was straight in and you couldn't see it. IMG_1157.jpg

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
NO shit!!!!!!

Are you twelve? Or don't you know that an infection isn't good and you need to go have it taken care of? You have to come to a boating forum and ask?

I weep for the future.

Kailuaboy89

Aloha Airliner
Reaction score
Well.....this has been a productive thread.....:rolleyes :D

Hallett Dave

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
A sago palm thorn is stuck in my finger,it has been about a week it's red and and twice the size .Should I be alarmed?

You really don't want to treat this lightly.
Seek medical attention ASAP.
I had a staph infection from a crab bite on my left index finger back in 1968 when I was in Biloxi.
I went to the flight surgeon immediately and he prescribed specific antibiotics.
The infection was controlled after two weeks, however, I still have an indentation of the skin on the inside of my left index finger.
SEEK MEDICAL ATENTION

BajaT

Reaction score
[video=youtube;ZFtyh-5LPxw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFtyh-5LPxw[/video]

USMC2010

Reaction score
IMG_4240.jpg
IMG_4241.jpg
Date palm straight in, it took me 3 months to dig it out. I recommend you see a doctor, I should have.