WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Is there other life in the cosmos?

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Hubble Telescope Captures What Might Be the Prettiest Spiral Galaxy Ever
Meet NGC 1961, a pinup-worthy galaxy

Our own home Milky Way is a spiral. A new Hubble Space Telescope image of spiral galaxy NGC 1961 is a spiral that is far away at a distance of 180 million light-years in the constellation Camelopardalis, also known as the Giraffe.

Amazing!

hubble_ngc1961_wfc3_1flat_cont_final.jpg

SixD9R

Reaction score
IMO there is definitely other life out there somewhere. Whether or not it’s intelligent life or just some microorganisms or animals is the real mystery.

I don’t think little green people landed somewhere in the Midwest and probed somebody’s bunghole😁

hman442

Reaction score
IMO there is definitely other life out there somewhere. Whether or not it’s intelligent life or just some microorganisms or animals is the real mystery.

I don’t think little green people landed somewhere in the Midwest and probed somebody’s bunghole😁
I dunno about that.....might explain the missing earbud ?

caribbean20

Reaction score
Other life? Of course there is, pure law of averages, if it happened here . . .

Will we ever make contact? It’s that immutable barrier, light speed. Now if some civilization got a head start, by a million or billion years, and didn’t destroy itself AND figured out a way around light speed . . .

Cool pic BTW. Really enjoy discussing this stuff.

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
It’s debatable there’s intelligent life on this planet.

Thankfully we make the dumbass population in this country put a (D) next to their names for easy identification.

They aren’t allowed to talk to any intelligent species that shows up or they’d doom us all to slavery or annihilation.

Tank

Reaction score
There is more stars in the universe than there are grains of sand on all the beaches in the world. And each star has the high potential to have an earth-like planet. I'd definitely say there's life out there. I'd even go as far to say intelligent life. Somewhere.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
There is more stars in the universe than there are grains of sand on all the beaches in the world. And each star has the high potential to have an earth-like planet. I'd definitely say there's life out there. I'd even go as far to say intelligent life. Somewhere.
Unquestionably there is intelligent life out there. Honestly, we're probably one of the dumber lifeforms in the cosmos yet somehow we seem to think we are almighty.

petie6464

Reaction score
This subject has been addressed thousand of years ago.

Just as doomsday preppers
spend millions on an event that will never happen governments and private sector will spend billions looking for an answer they can find for free in the night stand and any motel 6.

Taboma

Reaction score
It’s debatable there’s intelligent life on this planet.

Thankfully we make the dumbass population in this country put a (D) next to their names for easy identification.

They aren’t allowed to talk to any intelligent species that shows up or they’d doom us all to slavery or annihilation.
Then I'm sure you'll enjoy this article as you ponder the odds of a Republican or Conservative scientist making a breakthrough discovery that will allow future generations to get a man past Mars.

Sadly, I wouldn't place any bets on it.
Just goes to show, there's different kinds of dumbass depending on one's perspective and definition.

BTR

2 Girls, 1 Wallet
Reaction score
There’s life for sure but evolved, intelligent life like us, doubt it. The vast size of the cosmos dictates there is not. Even with trillions of stars and planets, the odds of liquid water plus the right gravity plus the right temperature plus the right tilt on an axis, etc., the odds get real small. Look at the difference between the poles and the tropics. Few thousand miles and huge temperature differences. Compare that to space and you get it. I read somewhere Carl Sagan said maybe 4 planets in the universe might be similar to ours. Also, life would have never formed had we not been hit by an exo-planet and formed a moon. Tilted us and made us wobble. Without, no seasons and the water would have eventually evaporated away due to long term heating. Lots had to happen just right for us to be here. Kind of spiritual in a way.

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
Then I'm sure you'll enjoy this article as you ponder the odds of a Republican or Conservative scientist making a breakthrough discovery that will allow future generations to get a man past Mars.

Just goes to show, there's different kinds of dumbass depending on one's perspective and definition.
I don’t think anyone would argue that the scientists didn’t do well during Covid, and they still seem to have their heads up their ass if they think telling the population they would be protected by a simple cloth mask instead of actually adopting something that could filter out the virus. I also don’t appreciate the concept they espouse of punishing everyone for the issues of a few.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
There’s life for sure but evolved, intelligent life like us, doubt it. The vast size of the cosmos dictates there is not. Even with trillions of stars and planets, the odds of liquid water plus the right gravity plus the right temperature plus the right tilt on an axis, etc., the odds get real small. Look at the difference between the poles and the tropics. Few thousand miles and huge temperature differences. Compare that to space and you get it. I read somewhere Carl Sagan said maybe 4 planets in the universe might be similar to ours. Also, life would have never formed had we not been hit by an exo-planet and formed a moon. Tilted us and made us wobble. Without, no seasons and the water would have eventually evaporated away due to long term heating. Lots had to happen just right for us to be here. Kind of spiritual in a way.

B6F3D5CC-8408-481C-904D-7FA47428F16B.gif

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score

Not a single source or quote of the study source or poll. More opinion bullshit IMO. I can say exactly the opposite as well, since it's just words.

Most actual scientists I have ever met are anti-political and generally anti-social as well, since they on a whole feel that 99% of the general population are idiots.

They are more worried about who they have to fuck or what belief/social pandering hoops they have to jump through and flags they need to wave to get funding for their next project or experiment or how to get tenure so they can appropriate funds.

The loudest mouths among them are the same ones mentioned in that opinion piece, who got their fellows fired for not playing along with the narrative for the pandemic, or climate change, or global warming, and then cooling, all of which have been proven to be fictional and propped up by media lies.

Last edited:

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
As far as intelligence is concerned, personally I think we are doing fantastic for such a young civilization. I mean from basic industrialization to exploring our local solar system in less than a century is crazy IMO.

We are already exploring the power and links of gravity and time, give us another century, I bet we'll have figured out sub space travel or FTL in some fashion or another.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
As @BTR said, many things had to happen in the right sequence and at the right time and place for earth to be the place we know it today. As for maybe a handful of other planets being like ours, hard to say. An incalculable number of stars means an unknown number of planets orbiting them, as well as moons and exoplanets. We as humans are also programmed to think intelligent life would be in a form like our own, a carbon based being. What if it were another element, one not found in our solar system? What if it were not even solid, but a collected mass of energy functioning as an intelligent being?

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
Latest estimate is roughly 6 billion solar systems in the 400 Billion+ Milky Way Galaxy we live in could possibly have a G-Type star.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2020/06/200616100831.htm#:~:text=2-,As many as six billion Earth-like planets in,galaxy, according to new estimates&text=Summary:,Galaxy, according to new estimates.

If you take the other calculations in many say 1 in 5 of those could have an Earth type planet form.

So lets play devils advocate and say it's only 1 percent chance out of those 1.2 billion remaining Solar Systems in our own Milky Way that could possibly develop another Earth type planet.

That's still 12 million planets in our own local galaxy.

Remember as well, the light we see from those planets is millions of years old as well....If humans on earth had another 2 or 3 million years to develop, I would sure guess we'd have solved the FTL problem eons ago.

If there is life visiting here, I would bet it's a Men in Black situation, where they keep the general populace ignorant, because we are not ready to join a Galactic Society. Or so our "Leaders" think.

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
Unquestionably there is intelligent life out there. Honestly, we're probably one of the dumber lifeforms in the cosmos yet somehow we seem to think we are almighty.
We're just young. You knew everything when you were 10 too, did you not? 😁

BTR

2 Girls, 1 Wallet
Reaction score
Latest estimate is roughly 6 billion solar systems in the 400 Billion+ Milky Way Galaxy we live in could possibly have a G-Type star.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2020/06/200616100831.htm#:~:text=2-,As many as six billion Earth-like planets in,galaxy, according to new estimates&text=Summary:,Galaxy, according to new estimates.

If you take the other calculations in many say 1 in 5 of those could have an Earth type planet form.

So lets play devils advocate and say it's only 1 percent chance out of those 1.2 billion remaining Solar Systems in our own Milky Way that could possibly develop another Earth type planet.

That's still 12 million planets in our own local galaxy.

Remember as well, the light we see from those planets is millions of years old as well....If humans on earth had another 2 or 3 million years to develop, I would sure guess we'd have solved the FTL problem eons ago.

If there is life visiting here, I would bet it's a Men in Black situation, where they keep the general populace ignorant, because we are not ready to join a Galactic Society. Or so our "Leaders" think.
But, does it wobble on its axis after being stuck? That is huge. Without seasons, there is no life. Mars is a classic example. It had water. All evaporated away; could not maintain water in its atmosphere.

4Waters

Reaction score
One of my science teachers told us if you put earth's existence on a 12 month calendar with earth being created at 12am January 1st then humans arrived on December 31 in the last .25 second

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Earths axis and orbital path:
The earth does not “wobble”.
It’s axis obliquity (tilt) is 23.4*
Without this obliquity of axis rotation we would not have seasons AS WE KNOW THEM.
This would not dismiss human life on earth, it would mean a concentration of equatorial population…as we travel away from the equator human life would be an extreme challenge due to “year round” uninhabitable cold.
Uranus has the biggest tilt in our solar system at 97*…it’s basically sideways and on it’s head.
The only reference in space (in regards to our solar system planets) that dictates “vertical” is each planets solar orbital path. In other words they don’t all go in a nice circle around the sun like the pictures we saw in 5th grade.
So it could also be said that the earths solar orbital path is 23.4* offset from earths equatorial bisect.

Reduction equations to determine Goldilocks planets in the Milky Way:
The Drake equation is a reduction equation that attempts to determine the number of possible earth like planets within the Milky Way.

A0D9BC4E-A38D-4A4C-BF0F-549D78CA72D1.jpeg

It comes out to 10,000 possible planets. Of course the input data is more or less estimated so it’s not gospel.

My opinions are this.
Humans are NOT advanced, evolved, or even close to being the yardstick of universal intelligence.
We are the ameba brained species.
We use the same propulsion in cars and rockets as we did the very first time we used either one.
We just use computers to run them now. It takes the same time to fly in a jet from NY to London as it did 60 years ago.
We shoot rockets into the sky praying to an invisible man that nothing goes wrong and explodes and kills people.
We have nuclear weapons capable of killing our own planet…pointed at our own planet.

Humans are not particularly well suited for life on this earth. We can and do die from the sun, the weather, the water, the temperatures, and all manner of trauma, illness, and each other.
We can die from a 6’ fall.
The ONLY thing unique about us compared to animals is our installed intelligence. (Shout out to Shateus for giving us that apple from the tree of KNOWLEDGE) for which the fallen were banished and made us who we are today.

The title of this thread 100% demonstrates just how unintelligent we are.

There are species a million years more advanced than us. There are species 1000 years more advanced than us, and all points in between.

Oh, and Carl Sagan ended up a paid denier.
He didn’t really have a choice though after he got his visit.

Kelly Johnson and Ben Rich (you know, the guys that ran Skunkworks and invented all of our cool shit) both stated that there are “their” ufos and “our” ufos. And spoke at length about reverse engineering technology. How the fuck do you think these defense contractors get locked in?
Them and countless other PHD’s, heads of State, retired military Colonel’s and on and on and on have told us straight up what’s going on and we stare at them like we are brainless zombies.
(Which brings us full circle)

Last edited:

Taboma

Reaction score
Not a single source or quote of the study source or poll. More opinion bullshit IMO. I can say exactly the opposite as well, since it's just words.

Most actual scientists I have ever met are anti-political and generally anti-social as well, since they on a whole feel that 99% of the general population are idiots.

They are more worried about who they have to fuck or what belief/social pandering hoops they have to jump through and flags they need to wave to get funding for their next project or experiment or how to get tenure so they can appropriate funds.

The loudest mouths among them are the same ones mentioned in that opinion piece, who got their fellows fired for not playing along with the narrative for the pandemic, or climate change, or global warming, and then cooling, all of which have been proven to be fictional and propped up by media lies.

The voting preferences stated in that article reflect what I've found to be true overwhelming true in real life. Which was the point, not any particular agenda opinions offered.

That in general, the extremely highly educated "Intellectuals" regardless of field, be it in the arts or sciences, are usually liberal minded and voters.
I find the most exceptions being in the medical and some engineering fields.

With rare exception, the majority of adult liberals I know personally, or have encountered, are all extremely highly educated by comparison to my 4 years of electrical apprenticeship and two years of US Army "Staying Alive" training.
When comparing our daily lives, we usually have almost nothing in common, although a couple I know enjoy surfing, and because of that, they're politically involved in Ocean environmental issues.

While I'm power boating with the more HP the better, they're paddling or sailing. While I'm reading Hot Rod or Popular Mechanics on the shitter, they're reading Smithsonian or Earthwatch.

So unlike many here on RDP and yourself, I disagree with labeling Democrats as a whole, lacking in educational intelligence.
I might consider them ignorant because I don't agree with their life or political philosophies, or various humanity or environmental passions.
I might shout to myself that I think they're stupid bastards because my passion for my opinion causes me to disagree with how they think, or their particular opinion on a subject.
But I don't fool myself into believing that the world would be a better place without them.

You disagree, cool.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
One of my science teachers told us if you put earth's existence on a 12 month calendar with earth being created at 12am January 1st then humans arrived on December 31 in the last .25 second

It’s easy math. Right?
The earth is 4.5 billion years old…well, more or less and no idea when our atmospheric conditions were in place.

Humans have existed for…????
Here’s where it gets messy.
Some people think this, some people think that.

Biblical references say it’s not very long ago, Australian aborigine drawings and writings suggest up to 80,000 years ago.
Then you’ve got the Hopi Indians history stating that earth is on its 3rd inhabitation, while Mayan historical writings suggesting it’s our 5th go round.

We are SO SMART we don’t even know when we came to be…lol.

We USED to know. It was all common knowledge before it all got erased again in that damned flood.

Last edited:

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
The voting preferences stated in that article reflect what I've found to be true overwhelming true in real life. Which was the point, not any particular agenda opinions offered.

That in general, the extremely highly educated "Intellectuals" regardless of field, be it in the arts or sciences, are usually liberal minded and voters.

With rare exception, the majority of adult liberals I know personally, or have encountered, are all extremely highly educated by comparison to my 4 years of electrical apprenticeship and two years of US Army "Staying Alive" training.
When comparing our daily lives, we usually have almost nothing in common, although a couple I know enjoy surfing, and because of that, they're politically involved in Ocean environmental issues.

While I'm power boating with the more HP the better, they're paddling or sailing. While I'm reading Hot Rod or Popular Mechanics on the shitter, they're reading Smithsonian or Earthwatch.

So unlike many here on RDP and yourself, I disagree with labeling Democrats as a whole, lacking in educational intelligence.
I might consider them ignorant because I don't agree with their life or political philosophies, or various humanity or environmental passions.
I might shout to myself that I think they're stupid bastards because my passion for my opinion causes me to disagree with how they think, or their particular opinion on a subject.
But I don't fool myself into believing that the world would be a better place without them.

You disagree, cool.
For as many tree huggin tofu farting fairy scientists you have met, I can relate to Aerospace Engineers and Rocket Scientists whom I have met out on the salt flats of Bonneville and at various Racing facilities over my years as well.

I never said democrat scientists are less intelligent than republican...I said that the people I have met that are actually of much higher focused intelligence than myself who call themselves scientists distain politics and social pandering in general as to them it's a waste of intellectual processing power.

You might want to label me a "trumpster" from all the dumpster fire conversations in the dungeon, but the truth is I believe that they are all against us, no matter what party they represent.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score

You disagree, cool.

Nah, they are Dumbfucks plain and simple!

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
The smartest man I ever met was a racer, an engineer, a pilot and a veteran...amongst many other things. As a kid he had met Einstein, and also had a picture at his home of him standing with Werner VonBraun. Hardy was a guy that said every day you should try to learn something new. He felt that as a society we had stalled, stifled creativity by teaching knowledge and only refining that which was already known. In science, we are now told you mustn't go against the common thoughts, and efficiency can only be attained by slight changes to current ideas. We only modify given variables.

As a society, humanity will only destroy itself once more. Greed is the driving force behind our accomplishments. Our current path is much like Babylon...humans want the power of God, but are not driven to do anything good with that power.

Take for instance the Green movement. I agree, our technology is outdated and primitive, not the best for our health. The transition to electric vehicles on it's face seems great. The truth is, the funding is to manufacture primitive designs to both generate and utilize the electricity. There is limited funding to develop better systems. By mandating the changes though, under the guise of saving the planet, the powers that be can exercise control. It's not for the good of the people, it's for the gain of the few.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
The smartest man I ever met was a racer, an engineer, a pilot and a veteran...amongst many other things. As a kid he had met Einstein, and also had a picture at his home of him standing with Werner VonBraun. Hardy was a guy that said every day you should try to learn something new. He felt that as a society we had stalled, stifled creativity by teaching knowledge and only refining that which was already known. In science, we are now told you mustn't go against the common thoughts, and efficiency can only be attained by slight changes to current ideas. We only modify given variables.

As a society, humanity will only destroy itself once more. Greed is the driving force behind our accomplishments. Our current path is much like Babylon...humans want the power of God, but are not driven to do anything good with that power.

Take for instance the Green movement. I agree, our technology is outdated and primitive, not the best for our health. The transition to electric vehicles on it's face seems great. The truth is, the funding is to manufacture primitive designs to both generate and utilize the electricity. There is limited funding to develop better systems. By mandating the changes though, under the guise of saving the planet, the powers that be can exercise control. It's not for the good of the people, it's for the gain of the few.

Nailed it. ^^^

Dr Steven Greer (Unacknowledged, the disclosure project, beyond top secret, CE5) calls it “the lost century”.
It’s demonstrable over the last 110 plus years that any sort of advancement that contradicts the profitability of our established energy and utility consortiums is not allowed.
When physicist Stan Mayer developed his water energy system (pretty cool dune buggy) he was first approached by the DoD about the technology. Then he was eliminated.
His technology was sold to a group backed by an English “lord”. Greers fledgling group could not afford the bid. However he was consulted about how to approach this development without gov interference. His protocols dictated (and he recommended) pursuing it in a way that benefitted humanity and not profitability. They ignored him and soon the entire ownership team was dead. No bullshit.
As he points out, over 50% of global enterprise has to do with the energy and utility sector…my industry included.
He also points out that “people think that if they build a better mousetrap that the world will beat a path to their door…what they don’t understand is that MURDER INC will show up first…”
As Tesla himself found out the hard way 100 years ago, “free for everyone” is simply not allowed.
The DoD has confiscated about 6000 individual energy patents in the name of “National Security”.
You’ll have a few choices. bend the knee and take the payment, bend the knee out of threats and fear, take the double tap to the head.

None of this is hocus pocus made up conspiracy. It’s all plainly documented and researched.
We could be so far advanced right now, so far advanced.
But instead we are mired in stagnation due to global consortiums.

Taboma

Reaction score

And despite the dismal vehicular years of the 80's and early 90's, brought on by the unthinkable horrible EPA's mandates we all cried would doom us motor heads forever. We can go buy ICE production cars over 700 hp with full warranties. We've got stock Toyota Camrys able to smoke the late 60's Muscle Cars I grew up with and most all of you came to cherish them as I did. The only reason today I'd want one of the muscle cars I owned in the late 60's, would be to sell it and make big bucks off of it.

I hate it, I fight it, I mourn it, I swear at my TV, I curse the Newsom types and I often take it out on my liberal minded Bro In Law.
I say fuck these EVs and the ass-clowns who pass these regulations. I'm old, I don't like change, I'm perfectly content to enjoy life as it is for me. BUT as quickly as those cursing rants leave my lips in anger, I also know, that motivation to do better, to improve, to create new and amazing things that I won't be around to get to witness, takes political pressure, takes a potential market, takes investors who see it as a way to make money, and young fresh minds who see it as a challenge and future opportunity to grow with.

Simply put, I don't agree with many of your assertions. I spent three years performing an extremely lucrative multi-million dollar electrical contract to wire a research fusion reactor. I finished my contract and they started running experiments in late 2008 and then I retired, feeling as if I'd just won the Super Bowl of my career. That funding is still there, the company has only grown larger and they've used that investor funding to modified, rebuilt, enlarged and have continued to run the bigger and better versions of the original "Norman" to this day. And they're just one of many companies developing future means of power generation and storage.

What you're feeling now are the pains of birth, infancy and the growing pains of adolescence. I don't want to endure the pain of change, but I'd sure like to drop back in say 100 years and spend a month or two. 😁

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
And despite the dismal vehicular years of the 80's and early 90's, brought on by the unthinkable horrible EPA's mandates we all cried would doom us motor heads forever. We can go buy ICE production cars over 700 hp with full warranties. We've got stock Toyota Camrys able to smoke the late 60's Muscle Cars I grew up with and most all of you came to cherish them as I did. The only reason today I'd want one of the muscle cars I owned in the late 60's, would be to sell it and make big bucks off of it.

I hate it, I fight it, I mourn it, I swear at my TV, I curse the Newsom types and I often take it out on my liberal minded Bro In Law.
I say fuck these EVs and the ass-clowns who pass these regulations. I'm old, I don't like change, I'm perfectly content to enjoy life as it is for me. BUT as quickly as those cursing rants leave my lips in anger, I also know, that motivation to do better, to improve, to create new and amazing things that I won't be around to get to witness, takes political pressure, takes a potential market, takes investors who see it as a way to make money, and young fresh minds who see it as a challenge and future opportunity to grow with.

Simply put, I don't agree with many of your assertions. I spent three years performing an extremely lucrative multi-million dollar electrical contract to wire a research fusion reactor. I finished my contract and they started running experiments in late 2008 and then I retired, feeling as if I'd just won the Super Bowl of my career. That funding is still there, the company has only grown larger and they've used that investor funding to modified, rebuilt, enlarged and have continued to run the bigger and better versions of the original "Norman" to this day. And they're just one of many companies developing future means of power generation and storage.

What you're feeling now are the pains of birth, infancy and the growing pains of adolescence. I don't want to endure the pain of change, but I'd sure like to drop back in say 100 years and spend a month or two. 😁

Who owns it?

Taboma

Reaction score
Who owns it?
Who owns what, the fusion reactor "Norman" ?

Not sure if the latest reactor iteration is still named "Norman" after Norman Rostoker, the physicist who's particular "fusion" theory it was based on.
Funny, but my on-site foreman throughout the project was an old school electrician, grumpy fuck. He was so negative about the whole concept of the project early own I had to have a few serious discussions about toning it down or incapable, then keeping his fucking mouth shut when we were meeting with the scientists.
By the time we'd completed our contract scope and to many change orders to recollect, he was so onboard and excited about it, he remained on as their in-house electrician.

The same group of scientists and engineers who started this company, were all involved working for the DOE at General Atomics in San Diego. Under that contract, they had successfully developed a fission reactor that was powered with spent fuel rods, that essentially consumed them and rendered them far less radioactive in the process.
Once completed and proven successful, the DOE came in, confiscated all the documentation, and it was decommissioned.
I don't know to what state it remains if any of it still does.
I do know General Atomics is still designing new types and perfecting some of it's previous designs of small fission generators as well their involvement with the ITER fusion project.

MSum661

Reaction score
Hubble Telescope Captures What Might Be the Prettiest Spiral Galaxy Ever
Meet NGC 1961, a pinup-worthy galaxy

Our own home Milky Way is a spiral. A new Hubble Space Telescope image of spiral galaxy NGC 1961 is a spiral that is far away at a distance of 180 million light-years in the constellation Camelopardalis, also known as the Giraffe.

Amazing!

hubble_ngc1961_wfc3_1flat_cont_final.jpg

Unbelievable! Great photo.

The Sagittarius Star cloud sits approx. near the center of our Milky Way Galaxy. Just a blip in comparison to the overall magnitude.

SSC.jpg

monkeyswrench

Reaction score

In some ways I have a mild "hippy" side. I love the creation of new ideas and technology. I have a relatively artistic side and really believe everyone should be free to make their own decisions and live their lives. Seems relatively straight forward, doesn't it?

Our current societal upheaval here 8n the states (and elsewhere) is with "one group" trying to take from the other to bring some form of equality. The problem is, the third group. That group consists of players from both previous groups, as well as people that are not even know publicly as players. Those people, that third group, are doing things for power. That could be wealth, or could be control, but power either way.

In China, near 20 years ago, a young lady developed a propulsion device to be used in space. It could only be used there as it used wavelengths of energy and did not create very much thrust. I have trouble believing that China was able to accomplish this previous to the US. If they did though, what possible evolution could have taken place in the past two decades?

Even Howard Hughes felt every new idea to get funding was not for the good of humanity, but to efficiently destroy an enemy. As the world has become more intertwind, countries are not the enemies on the battlefield. Individuals that disagree with policies are. The status quo is nothing more than a revenue generating machine. It controls already what products are available to purchase, and will only get worse if it continues.

There are incredibly bright minds who's ideas don't see the light of day. Necessity is the mother of invention, but hunger or fear of death are great motivators.
Many countries have had "cultural" revolutions. Many sponsored with our tax dollars.
Notice, we've really only ever been taught of the one "industrial" revolution. The world could use another one. Those in control know that it would break their bandage over humanity.

I'm not that bright, nor am I that wealthy, but the coming time will show wealth is imaginary, and basic skills are what become the foundations of everything.

A piece of paper may say you trained at a certain thing, but it is different than actually being capable of such.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Who owns what, the fusion reactor "Norman" ?

Not sure if the latest reactor iteration is still named "Norman" after Norman Rostoker, the physicist who's particular "fusion" theory it was based on.
Funny, but my on-site foreman throughout the project was an old school electrician, grumpy fuck. He was so negative about the whole concept of the project early own I had to have a few serious discussions about toning it down or incapable, then keeping his fucking mouth shut when we were meeting with the scientists.
By the time we'd completed our contract scope and to many change orders to recollect, he was so onboard and excited about it, he remained on as their in-house electrician.

The same group of scientists and engineers who started this company, were all involved working for the DOE at General Atomics in San Diego. Under that contract, they had successfully developed a fission reactor that was powered with spent fuel rods, that essentially consumed them and rendered them far less radioactive in the process.
Once completed and proven successful, the DOE came in, confiscated all the documentation, and it was decommissioned.
I don't know to what state it remains if any of it still does.
I do know General Atomics is still designing new types and perfecting some of it's previous designs of small fission generators as well their involvement with the ITER fusion project.

That’s extremely interesting!
Thanks.

However, nuclear and fission does still fall into the categories of global consortiums, and there is nothing “free” or available to the masses about any of it.
Tesla was well aware of and proved that energy exists all around us.
You probably know more about his work than I do.
Imagine if these avenues had been explored 100 years ago.

Last edited:

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
Its the Speed thread possibly. 😁

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
That’s extremely interesting!
Thanks.

However, nuclear and fission does still fall into the categories of global consortiums, and there is nothing “free” or available to the masses about any of it.
Tesla was well aware of and proved that energy exists all around us.
You probably know more about his work than I do.
Imagine if these avenues had been explored 100 years ago.
I don't think there are many on this board who believe in Ley Lines, power nodes or transmission frequencies, and the inconceivable amount of power that is stored in the atmosphere and in the earth.

It's a quantum leap in scale and cognition of how the planet and universe operates.

Tesla was so far ahead of his time, he makes our modern tech look like stone age ruminations.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I don't think there are many on this board who believe in Ley Lines, power nodes or transmission frequencies, and the inconceivable amount of power that is stored in the atmosphere and in the earth.

It's a quantum leap in scale and cognition of how the planet and universe operates.

Tesla was so far ahead of his time, he makes our modern tech look like stone age ruminations.
We use electromagnets to spin the starters on our cars. We have used the earth's magnetic field for navigation for centuries.
Yet noone has thought to use the existing energies to power much...
Silly, isn't it?

Taboma

Reaction score
In some ways I have a mild "hippy" side. I love the creation of new ideas and technology. I have a relatively artistic side and really believe everyone should be free to make their own decisions and live their lives. Seems relatively straight forward, doesn't it?

Our current societal upheaval here 8n the states (and elsewhere) is with "one group" trying to take from the other to bring some form of equality. The problem is, the third group. That group consists of players from both previous groups, as well as people that are not even know publicly as players. Those people, that third group, are doing things for power. That could be wealth, or could be control, but power either way.

In China, near 20 years ago, a young lady developed a propulsion device to be used in space. It could only be used there as it used wavelengths of energy and did not create very much thrust. I have trouble believing that China was able to accomplish this previous to the US. If they did though, what possible evolution could have taken place in the past two decades?

Even Howard Hughes felt every new idea to get funding was not for the good of humanity, but to efficiently destroy an enemy. As the world has become more intertwind, countries are not the enemies on the battlefield. Individuals that disagree with policies are. The status quo is nothing more than a revenue generating machine. It controls already what products are available to purchase, and will only get worse if it continues.

There are incredibly bright minds who's ideas don't see the light of day. Necessity is the mother of invention, but hunger or fear of death are great motivators.
Many countries have had "cultural" revolutions. Many sponsored with our tax dollars.
Notice, we've really only ever been taught of the one "industrial" revolution. The world could use another one. Those in control know that it would break their bandage over humanity.

I'm not that bright, nor am I that wealthy, but the coming time will show wealth is imaginary, and basic skills are what become the foundations of everything.

A piece of paper may say you trained at a certain thing, but it is different than actually being capable of such.
Perhaps 🤷‍♂️ Personally, at least most days, I don't think so. 🤞

I've had many close friends over the years who were ardent prognosticators of a dismal future. Being around them for too long, was like spending a day in the RDP P&G section. ;)
They're all dead now, so they were right, they just got the causes wrong.

So for all our sakes, especially your own, since the odds of you living to see if are far greater than my own, I do hope you're wrong 😬

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score

Or even know what they are?

As I’m sure you know the great pyramid is situated in a way that it’s 8 axis leys (it has 8 sides, not 4) cover the most land mass possible transversing the planet, and that a less than 1* rotation either way makes that not true.
Yet any detour from the accepted ridiculousness of pyramids as tombs is mocked soundly.
Yeah, real geniuses we are.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
We use electromagnets to spin the starters on our cars. We have used the earth's magnetic field for navigation for centuries.
Yet noone has thought to use the existing energies to power much...
Silly, isn't it?

Well… some actually have thought of it.
They’re mostly not here anymore.