WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Is this Ranger a good deal?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Nice ranger and it looks to be in new condition with few miles. The price does seem high for this soft market. On the flip side buying something used sometimes it's worth paying more to get something you know is nice.

RD

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
Way too High. My mom recently bought one VERY similar to this but Silver and IMO much better looking in the 10k range.

maxwedge

(Maximus Wedge-i-mus)
Reaction score
Depends on what your priorities are I guess. A friend of mine recently bought a pretty nice Jeep Wrangler Rubicon for about that much

cnj

Reaction score
Hmmm, well it is an '09 (new body style) and supposedly has many improvements over earlier models. Also has the 800 motor instead of the 700. So, don't know if it is too far over priced???

cnj

Reaction score
Oh, just caught that he says it is a 700.

RodnJen

Reaction score
If you are interested in all the aftermarket stuff, then a reasonable amount below asking price isn't too bad, it's not a deal though. If you don't want all the extras then you can pay much less.

My Dad is on his second ranger and he couldn't be happier. The '09's are quieter more power and much more refined. The only complaint we have had is that your foot gets f-ing hot on the gas peddle in the middle of summer, almost to the point of needing to wear shoes instead of flip flops.

Jyruiz

Next to this Hottie.
Reaction score
I was also thinking that it was a little high for this market, but he does have OBO in his add, so what would be a reasonable offer to make?

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
If its clean I wouldn't pay over 12K for it.

Its newer but there is no way that guy should have 18K into it and there is to many good deals out there not to take advantage of the market.

Baja Big Dog

Banned
Reaction score
Christ, Ive got a CJ8 Ill sell you for 15K with a LT1 in it, but it will only seat four, but I could put another seat in the back!

Jyruiz

Next to this Hottie.
Reaction score
If its clean I wouldn't pay over 12K for it.

Its newer but there is no way that guy should have 18K into it and there is to many good deals out there not to take advantage of the market.

I might go see it this weekend, I don't think he would take 12k though, that is a 4k difference. I just have to find that good deal out there.

Lue

Banned
Reaction score
You getting into the dirt thing Juan?

Jyruiz

Next to this Hottie.
Reaction score
You getting into the dirt thing Juan?

Kind of, I want to go out and explore the Havi desert in the winter time, that and I need a second vehicle out there. I don't think I would ever make it out to the dunes, I don't have all the gear for that.

Lue

Banned
Reaction score
Kind of, I want to go out and explore the Havi desert in the winter time, that and I need a second vehicle out there. I don't think I would ever make it out to the dunes, I don't have all the gear for that.

Yeah, once you get a rhino and something for the kids, it warrants a trailer. Then comes the consideration for for a toy hauler. That would require a diesel 2500 HD. It's a viscious cycle. THat's why I stopped at a boat. lol

charitycase

Reaction score
I might go see it this weekend, I don't think he would take 12k though, that is a 4k difference. I just have to find that good deal out there.

Juan,you'd be suprised what 12K CASH will do in this market.Just my .02

PaPaG

Reaction score
Christ, Ive got a CJ8 Ill sell you for 15K with a LT1 in it, but it will only seat four, but I could put another seat in the back!

BBD you selling the jeep again? :D:D we don't do anymore park hill climb wars or I would be all over it...:D

OGShocker

Lion Hunter
Reaction score
Juan,

Call Steve over at Accessory House, tell him who you are. Ask him to keep an eye out for a Ranger for you. You can buy a new Ranger "Limo" for around 15k. The 2010's look and drive like none before them.

Can't wait to be home long enough to go play in the dirt...

Jyruiz

Next to this Hottie.
Reaction score
Juan,

Call Steve over at Accessory House, tell him who you are. Ask him to keep an eye out for a Ranger for you. You can buy a new Ranger "Limo" for around 15k. The 2010's look and drive like none before them.

Can't wait to be home long enough to go play in the dirt...

Will do Mark, thanks.

Ivan Dan

Reaction score
Thanks, but I need to be able to seat 5.

Your kids are pretty small still right? You should be able to mount 3 seat belts on the rear bench in order to ride 5.

Jyruiz

Next to this Hottie.
Reaction score
Your kids are pretty small still right? You should be able to mount 3 seat belts on the rear bench in order to ride 5.

My oldest is 11 and the other two are 9 and 4, but they grow up fast.

Ivan Dan

Reaction score
My oldest is 11 and the other two are 9 and 4, but they grow up fast.

I bet! Like I said....don't hesitate to call, PM or e-mail me if you need help with the SxS stuff.

Speaking of which, did you guys decide not to buy another house? We haven't e-mailed in a while about that.

Jyruiz

Next to this Hottie.
Reaction score
I bet! Like I said....don't hesitate to call, PM or e-mail me if you need help with the SxS stuff.

Speaking of which, did you guys decide not to buy another house? We haven't e-mailed in a while about that.

My wife is on the fence about another house, it changes daily, lol. If we do, we might look to buy in Chino or Corona off Green River, but like I said, she is undecided. I think I am getting on her nerves bugging her to make up her mind. :d

Ivan Dan

Reaction score
My wife is on the fence about another house, it changes daily, lol. If we do, we might look to buy in Chino or Corona off Green River, but like I said, she is undecided. I think I am getting on her nerves bugging her to make up her mind. :d

LOL Well if you want me to pull some properties for you in a certain price range just let me know. This might help you guys make up your mind one way or the other.

Jyruiz

Next to this Hottie.
Reaction score
LOL Well if you want me to pull some properties for you in a certain price range just let me know. This might help you guys make up your mind one way or the other.

Cool, I will let Yasmin know. By the way, I checked out that 06 Ranger for sale, I registered but I don't have rights to reply. Do you know if the 06 models have the tilt steering?

boatnam2

Reaction score
i would never get a rhino for a family ride, there not made for it....if they were they would come with a back seat.For 10k you could get a nice buggy you could all enjoy that is safe.Go load up a rhino with kids and take it for a spin you will see.

Jyruiz

Next to this Hottie.
Reaction score
i would never get a rhino for a family ride, there not made for it....if they were they would come with a back seat.For 10k you could get a nice buggy you could all enjoy that is safe.Go load up a rhino with kids and take it for a spin you will see.

Not getting a Rhino, getting a Ranger which is bigger and I don't think the family will always ride with me, but just in case they do, I have the room. Also, if you knew me, you would not that I am not into speed or any type of aggrisive driving, weather it is a car boat or even when I use to ride motorcycles. I mainly want the Ranger for the seating for 3 which that is stock.

boatnam2

Reaction score
Not getting a Rhino, getting a Ranger which is bigger and I don't think the family will always ride with me, but just in case they do, I have the room. Also, if you knew me, you would not that I am not into speed or any type of aggrisive driving, weather it is a car boat or even when I use to ride motorcycles. I mainly want the Ranger for the seating for 3 which that is stock.

Sorry jyruiz mixed up the ranger and rhino, i though i saw a new ranger otd for less then 11k.The size is alittle bigger but again ask bordsmnj how they are with a back seat.i believe they flipped one and detroyed it just CRUISING up a little hill.

Jyruiz

Next to this Hottie.
Reaction score
Sorry jyruiz mixed up the ranger and rhino, i though i saw a new ranger otd for less then 11k.The size is alittle bigger but again ask bordsmnj how they are with a back seat.i believe they flipped one and detroyed it just CRUISING up a little hill.

Will do, thanks.

Lavey29

Floatin Dirty
Reaction score
The 06 would not have tilt steering unless the owner added it as an after market upgrade. My 08 does not have tilt either but I added a padded steering wheel which makes it more comfortable to drive in my opinion. This is a good website for ranger info and sales www.prcforum.com

Jyruiz

Next to this Hottie.
Reaction score
The 06 would not have tilt steering unless the owner added it as an after market upgrade. My 08 does not have tilt either but I added a padded steering wheel which makes it more comfortable to drive in my opinion. This is a good website for ranger info and sales www.prcforum.com

So I guess the stock tilt steering started in 09? I really want one with tilt steering, might just have to go new then.:(

Lavey29

Floatin Dirty
Reaction score
Yes, the tilt wheel started with 09 models but they make an adapter to modify earlier models also. If you go new like 2010 model you will get the 800 motor and improved transmission among other things also along with the new body style. The upgrade to 52" rear bench seat with 6 harness' and a hard top with a very secure rigid cage complete with rack and spare tire mount cost me $3000. Tire and wheels were like $650. In case you are considering going new and upgrading it.