WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Is this worth anything?

Pelon

Reaction score
The biggest problem spot is hidden under the cowl vents. Leaves and dirt trap moisture which leads to rust holes which allows water into the car. The floor goes next.

So we were ripping out the interior and cleaning the engine compartment and we see a steady drip coming from above the heater core. Looks like we have a small setback. Any advice? Good thing it was garaged as the floor was OK.

mustang interior.jpg

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
So we were ripping out the interior and cleaning the engine compartment and we see a steady drip coming from above the heater core. Looks like we have a small setback. Any advice? Good thing it was garaged as the floor was OK.

View attachment 817365
Very common for those old cores to leak. Buy new while it's apart and replace. Add new foam or whatever they seal it with. It is what it is.
Looking good Mr.:cool:

elco

Reaction score
Ordered up a patch panel and wer'e going to give this method a try before cutting all of the spot welds.

Carlson-jet

Reaction score
Ordered up a patch panel and wer'e going to give this method a try before cutting all of the spot welds.
Dude is just a few miles away from me. I bet he is well versed in rust. :D:D

Carlson-jet

Reaction score
Heal bar for the most versatile tool in the assortment. :cool:

Rocking it!! Keep on keeping on. :D

nordic454

WWW.METALWORXLV.COM
Reaction score
Set nice score. That is a very clean starting point. Especially if it runs well. There is so much to do with these cars, depending on your style. And they can pull in a lot of money as well. I am a week out from finally finishing mine. It’s been 14 months, and about $14k to build it full custom. What’s nice, is the abundance of parts that are readily available

500A1A27-CE92-4E4B-A503-96E700701A55.jpeg

boatpi

Reaction score
So you know that supposed Vin tag you showed is almost worthless, it’s a body tag. The vin is hand stamped on the inner fender driver side lift the hood. If it’s a matching numbers engine that’ll help a little bit too bad it’s not a 2+2 is it worth two or three times the money. Still a great car to play with, just understand they made 550,000 mustangs in 1966.