WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Islander purchase (possibly)

LC925

Reaction score
So there might be a chance to buy a park model in here before it hits the market. The grandma of a buddy has a place in there but they are uncertain on a time line. Is there a difference in process between “for sale by owner” or “for sale by Islander”? As in, is there an application for approval from the park to be able to buy?! It’s all premature info and starting to do my homework on what it would take if we come to an agreement. They don’t even have a price in mind yet. If it’s out of my budget I can post on here for another inmate to take a stab at it.

I have never stayed at the Islander. All my last 7 years staying in Havasu have been RV space rentals keeping my 5th wheel at CrazyHorse for the summer. Any main questions aside from the price and space rent price that I should look out for? I would have intentions of renting during the winter (I know it’s ran by the office), would I have to get prior approval from the office to add to the rental list or do they only keep X amount of rentals for the park?

Thanks in advance.

Singleton

Reaction score
Make sure you get space rent and electic rate data. Owners need to be approved by the Islander, but that is an easy process. I have heard the Islander makes for sale by owner more difficult, since they don’t get a cut of the $$.

@Hammer might be able to give you additional data

Hammer

Reaction score
So there might be a chance to buy a park model in here before it hits the market. The grandma of a buddy has a place in there but they are uncertain on a time line. Is there a difference in process between “for sale by owner” or “for sale by Islander”? As in, is there an application for approval from the park to be able to buy?! It’s all premature info and starting to do my homework on what it would take if we come to an agreement. They don’t even have a price in mind yet. If it’s out of my budget I can post on here for another inmate to take a stab at it.

I have never stayed at the Islander. All my last 7 years staying in Havasu have been RV space rentals keeping my 5th wheel at CrazyHorse for the summer. Any main questions aside from the price and space rent price that I should look out for? I would have intentions of renting during the winter (I know it’s ran by the office), would I have to get prior approval from the office to add to the rental list or do they only keep X amount of rentals for the park?

Thanks in advance.

Good luck. I’d be interested if this doesn’t work out for you. You have to do an inspection with the Islander to approve the Mobil to be on the rental program. It needs to have updated furnishings, TV, WIFI etc... basic amenities IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dspracing

Reaction score
The islander has no control over FSBO vs FSBI but they do get a little salty about FSBO because they don’t get a cut.

For the rental program, they have a list of requirements in order to qualify. If this is your intention, you will want to really look into this aspect of it as you may end up spending a ton getting the unit to qualify for the rental program.

JB in so cal

Reaction score
The Islander will make a list of improvements they want you to make to the outside; paint, deck, roof etc. Will need to pay cash as banks won't finance normally. But a positive is you won t get booted out of your site for a new model.

LC925

Reaction score
Good luck. I’d be interested if this doesn’t work out for you. You have to do an inspection with the Islander to approve the Mobil to be on the rental program. It needs to have updated furnishings, TV, WIFI etc... basic amenities IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok thanks. From my understanding it should be pretty updated as they recently remodeled the bathrooms and flooring. Until I can see it, it’s hearsay. But what you listed above makes sense. I’ll keep you posted if this turns out to be out of my grasp.

Hope you don’t have a lot of friends, or like to make noise over a whisper after 8pm....

Nice park, but fuck their gestapo rules.

This is one of my concerns. My wife and I do like to “host” friends and family for lake trips. Being a 2bed/2bath I assume it can sleep an easy 6 but occasionally do have 8 on board the boat (adults and/or kids). Assuming the unit can accommodate, would Islander have objections or allow it?

riverroyal

Reaction score
Ok thanks. From my understanding it should be pretty updated as they recently remodeled the bathrooms and flooring. Until I can see it, it’s hearsay. But what you listed above makes sense. I’ll keep you posted if this turns out to be out of my grasp.

This is one of my concerns. My wife and I do like to “host” friends and family for lake trips. Being a 2bed/2bath I assume it can sleep an easy 6 but occasionally do have 8 on board the boat (adults and/or kids). Assuming the unit can accommodate, would Islander have objections or allow it?
Sleeping 8 might be a issue. 8 on the boat is not. You can get ‘guest passes’.

riverroyal

Reaction score
The Islander will make a list of improvements they want you to make to the outside; paint, deck, roof etc. Will need to pay cash as banks won't finance normally. But a positive is you won t get booted out of your site for a new model.
This also. We are on borrowed time as the park turns to 100% park models. 3 to 4 years for our location.
not sure our long long term plan yet.

sintax

Reaction score

so we've never "owned" there, but we have stayed there many times with the RV over the years. I dont remember the exact situation, but they I feel like it was only 2 guest passes per site, and they really broke our balls over. It really wasnt the actual space, more their rules.

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
If the unit is not already in the rental unit program, my understanding is that it won't likely get in.... definitely check with the office beforehand if you are counting on rental income.

Stayed multiple seasons at the Islander. Yes they have rules, but not much of an issue.

Singleton

Reaction score
@Hammer
Besides @BUDMAN islander spot being for sale, this is the other one I saw today.
Backs up the the old nautical golf course
34521139-5052-42DC-A97F-1D7DABA4971A.jpeg

JB in so cal

Reaction score
Paul's selling? Smart man, considering the prices for park models.

LC925

Reaction score
@Hammer - Islander for sale park models
Theres 4!!!
#365 1b/1b - 150k
#401 2b/2b - 165k obo
#182 2b/2b - 275k
#295 1b+/1b - 225k

182 was the one I started the thread for prior to pricing being confirmed. Too far out of my price range so that when nowhere quick for me.

Thanks for posting the others.

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
182 was the one I started the thread for prior to pricing being confirmed. Too far out of my price range so that when nowhere quick for me.

Thanks for posting the others.
#401 was sold and re-listed to be flipped already.

gmnhra

Reaction score
with any recent purchase in the Islander, be sure and check what the new lease will be
Several bussies have sold and the new lease is up 20-30%
Rick is really good at grabbing money from your pocket