WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

It’s a go? Desert Storm

socal0487

Reaction score
It’s happening

3188420A-49E9-448E-B7E4-5098DD756013.png

Last edited by a moderator:

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Woohoo!!!!! The wife and I were just talking about it last night. Looks like our travels will line up nicely to be in town that week. Who would have thunk’d it?

riverroyal

Reaction score
Woohoo.
Another wait for another announcement.
All we do anymore is wait.

Hope its good news

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
true but doubt they’d preface it the way they did if it was bad news.

There isn’t going to be any organized banquet / awards style events in Havasu in 2020z. Doesn’t matter who it is at this point. There is no way to do one.

The rdp regatta would be almost a month after this and we can’t get it done. (In the traditional since)

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
don’t see a full schedule of events, with all the government restrictions
street party - at risk, not sure city will issue permit
banquet - most likely outside under tents on golf course behind banquet center or Kokohos area

Like the President said yesterday. All they need to do is have a “Patriot Peaceful Protest” that day on McCulloch. No masks needed no matter what the city says. :aniteef:

Singleton

Reaction score
Like the President said yesterday. All they need to do is have a “Patriot Peaceful Protest” that day on McCulloch. No masks needed no matter what the city says. :aniteef:

since my wife is high risk (lung issues, cancer survivor), if they have the street party, we will attend with masks (unless wife’s Dr says otherwise).

Last edited:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
don’t see a full schedule of events, with all the government restrictions
street party - at risk, not sure city will issue permit
banquet - most likely outside under tents on golf course behind banquet center or Kokohos area

The city isn’t issuing any permits for any events for the rest of the year. There is one event (monsoon festival) that is trying to put it together down at Windsor because that is state land and it bypasses that. I asked the rangers if it was going to happen or not and they said they were still in the negotiating stages.. The only way it can happen is if they secure the venue and the governor releases the restrictions on crowds in the next couple weeks..

we will see, but I don’t see it happening either. At this point I think everything is getting pushed off to 2021..

If rdp does anything it’s gonna he a very unofficial deal like a “hey we are going to be here at this time” type thing and whoever wants to go can go.. lol

Joe mama

Reaction score
Yep I really can't see the street party happening, but there is wishful thinking.

catman

Reaction score
Lake Of The Ozarks Shootout on schedule end of this month .Street party not as big as Desert Storm but there are lots of big parties through out the week.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Lake Of The Ozarks Shootout on schedule end of this month .Street party not as big as Desert Storm but there are lots of big parties through out the week.

I am kinda surprised they are going forward with that.. That said LOTO has been partying the whole time, so... lol. Maybe not that surprising?

Reactions: DWC

Joe mama

Reaction score
Maybe Dave will have his own street party at his house with RDP booth and Boom Bandits. Oh yeah and Coors Light with each purchase

Singleton

Reaction score
so we'll have the shootout and poker run but essetntialy nothing else of Desert Storm we are used to. the Street party is the best part, without it , it loses a lot of the luster.

no street party, reduces the motivation to attend.

WildWilly

Reaction score
no street party, reduces the motivation to attend.

Its cool with all the visitig big boats in town, but I also think with all this shit going on attendace will probably down too. Everyone is doing the best they can with what they are given I guess. fuck 2020.

Havasu Hangin'

Lord of the Drinks
Reaction score
The LOTO Shootout can still happen, since it's technically just a radar run on the water. All of the parties around it will undoubtedly be scaled back. If I go, we will probably skip the usual pool parties...which means a watered-down experience.

Sturgis is happening because the city council knew they would have 250K people showing up whether they endorsed it or not, so if they kept the run in place, at least they would have some level of control. Many of the bands and events cancelled, so it's not the same as a non-Covid year, but the press doesn't seem to be telling that side.

Almost every poker run has been cancelled this year, because although the poker run may be socially distanced, all the events around it are not. Like Sturgis, a bunch of people can show up and run their rigs around (nobody can stop that), but the permitted gatherings couldn't happen. That's why alot of guys that had their hotel rooms for other cancelled poker runs, they just made the trip anyway as an "unsanctioned" boating event.

In my opinion, Desert Storm is in a tough situation. If they run it without the permitted parties, why should the participants pay the same fees? I can go run my boat around anytime- the value of Desert Storm is all the other events.

Just my .02.

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
The promoters of the monsoon festival just called and they are going to have to postpone the event until 2021.

The liablity like it or not for these events has got to be astronomical. It was before China Virus but now .gov has turned it into a mess.

Springfield

Reaction score
The promoters of the monsoon festival just called and they are going to have to postpone the event until 2021.
They should have had a Yes or No before they started hitting everyones CC, that pisses me off. :mad: For the future I'll just pay at the door.

lavey jr

Reaction score
what about the UTV world championships?

That’s what I want to know also! They’re still promoting every day implying it’s still a go but I don’t know 100%. Racers have been posting videos running the course

DWC

Reaction score
We had a wedding weekend. Just got a confirmation that the wedding has been postponed. Crossing my fingers that it’s a go.

WildWilly

Reaction score
I think I’d just wait and listen to the announcement

I based it on your statement that the city wasn't issuing any event permits for the rest of the year, guess we'll find out tonight

Singleton

Reaction score

That is not a good sign for DS.
However, DS is at LBR and Mayor is GM @ LBR. Could influence decision.
Find out tonight.

To be honest, I dislike the turn into FB live in 3 days. Just announce the decision then hold a Q&A session.

575cat

Reaction score
The LOTO Shootout can still happen, since it's technically just a radar run on the water. All of the parties around it will undoubtedly be scaled back. If I go, we will probably skip the usual pool parties...which means a watered-down experience.

Sturgis is happening because the city council knew they would have 250K people showing up whether they endorsed it or not, so if they kept the run in place, at least they would have some level of control. Many of the bands and events cancelled, so it's not the same as a non-Covid year, but the press doesn't seem to be telling that side.

Almost every poker run has been cancelled this year, because although the poker run may be socially distanced, all the events around it are not. Like Sturgis, a bunch of people can show up and run their rigs around (nobody can stop that), but the permitted gatherings couldn't happen. That's why alot of guys that had their hotel rooms for other cancelled poker runs, they just made the trip anyway as an "unsanctioned" boating event.

In my opinion, Desert Storm is in a tough situation. If they run it without the permitted parties, why should the participants pay the same fees? I can go run my boat around anytime- the value of Desert Storm is all the other events.

Just my .02.
If ya have to stay away from the bars and ect or scaled back that takes a lot of fun out and if they still have the 13 mile no wake that also sucks so I will skip again this year .

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
They should have had a Yes or No before they started hitting everyones CC, that pisses me off. :mad: For the future I'll just pay at the door.

Everyone is being refunded is what they told me

Springfield

Reaction score
Everyone is being refunded is what they told me
Dave I was a little short fused as deja vu when we got burnt on that Rock Festival a decade ago. Forward, They text me and said refunding all and free admission to those in January. I responded I wasn’t asking for anything free and happy to donate to a cause I believe in. Impressed with their immediate response.
Back to all is good in da hood! 😎

Springfield

Reaction score
Hijacking I just read Havasu Balloon Festival 2021 canceled.

Springfield

Reaction score
My text from the organizer said January, however Balloon Festival 2021 announced canceled. Not sure when the festival will finally get to happen but count me in.

socal0487

Reaction score
Looks like they did just that. Why would they post a weeks worth of hype just to post it’s cancelled 1hr before the live broadcast? Can’t fathom the marketing behind this

nope. All that for them to cancel. Interesting

Reactions: DWC

Singleton

Reaction score
Looks like they did just that. Why would they post a weeks worth of hype just to post it’s cancelled 1hr before the live broadcast? Can’t fathom the marketing behind this

not the most professional Mgmt. style.
When Todd Taylor resigned and parted ways with the event, Cristina‘s response was the most unprofessional I have ever read.