WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

It’s been a good 12 years....

troostr

GOT MILK?
Reaction score
190k, 12 years, deleted since it left the dealer with a hot PPE tuner, this is the longest I’ve ever kept a daily. It was a Great truck, and will continue to be for the next person. My buddy who is the GM at the local dealership called and said he had another good friend looking for a good used truck just like mine, was I interested in a new one. Good lord the stickers jumped in 12 years!!! But I really like the new one too. Had a CST 4” (thanks @DaytonaBabe) ceramic tint, now for a full ceramic coat!
IMG_2916.jpg

IMG_2915.jpg

Out with the old...

In with the new
IMG_2918.jpg

IMG_2919.jpg

I ordered the Undercover Swing cases for both rear bed sides, I’m still trying to decide on a retractable cover, and insight would be great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
What is an undercover swing case?

I have an electric retractable on my dually and I love it.

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ooooh, damn! Looks awesome! Congrats!

Sent from my Note 10+ using Tapatalk

Backlash

Reaction score
That's one of the best looking "New" Chevy trucks I've seen. Yours and DB's have set the bar! 👍

Boozer

Extreme Mist
Reaction score
Congrats on the new ride. I wish I could keep a truck for 12 years!! A year ago I bought a new loaded up Ram 1500 and said I was going to keep it until the wheels fell off. I’ve recently started looking at 3/4 tons, I could use some of your discipline right about now.

traquer

Reaction score
That new one is my perfect truck too!

dnewps

Banned
Reaction score
Buy a chebby. Buy a good one. Treat it like your bote. Sell for a profit in 10 years...lol. Or a ford or dodge

Badchoices03

Reaction score
X3 for retrax

Interesting thing about Retrax, I bought my truck used from a dealer, the truck itself was only 1 year old, but the dealer put a lift, wheels and tires, and had the Retrax powered cover installed...fast forward 3 years and the motor on the Retrax went out, I thought there wouldnt be an issue because Retrax always claims this great warranty....well they wouldn't cover it because I wasn't the "Original" owner, the dealer was listed as the owner when it was installed...talked to a few managers and the only thing they would offer me is buying a new one at a discounted cost of $950

stevesdcb

Reaction score
190k, 12 years, deleted since it left the dealer with a hot PPE tuner, this is the longest I’ve ever kept a daily. It was a Great truck, and will continue to be for the next person. My buddy who is the GM at the local dealership called and said he had another good friend looking for a good used truck just like mine, was I interested in a new one. Good lord the stickers jumped in 12 years!!! But I really like the new one too. Had a CST 4” (thanks @DaytonaBabe) ceramic tint, now for a full ceramic coat! View attachment 933842
View attachment 933843
Out with the old...

In with the new
View attachment 933844
View attachment 933846

I ordered the Undercover Swing cases for both rear bed sides, I’m still trying to decide on a retractable cover, and insight would be great!

Both good looking trucks. With today's market wouldn't be surprised if they asked 25k plus for your old truck.

troostr

GOT MILK?
Reaction score
Both good looking trucks. With today's market wouldn't be surprised if they asked 25k plus for your old truck.
That's not far off from what they gave me. The interior still looked new, leather is easy to keep up. I had Weather Tech's front and back as well so the carpet looked new. The only interior wear was on the ff button for the radio and the metal emblem in the center of the steering wheel was dented.
GM got smart and now as an option you can get GM floor liners that look even better than the Weather Techs did, fit is amazing- as it had better be from the vehicle manufacturer.

WYRD

Reaction score
Interesting thing about Retrax, I bought my truck used from a dealer, the truck itself was only 1 year old, but the dealer put a lift, wheels and tires, and had the Retrax powered cover installed...fast forward 3 years and the motor on the Retrax went out, I thought there wouldnt be an issue because Retrax always claims this great warranty....well they wouldn't cover it because I wasn't the "Original" owner, the dealer was listed as the owner when it was installed...talked to a few managers and the only thing they would offer me is buying a new one at a discounted cost of $950
Mine is not powered but hand operated. Iv had it for five years without issue except once the bracket had loosened up so it got out of alignment. 15-minute fix to the line everything back up and been smooth sailing ever since 👍

RichL

Reaction score
Mine is not powered but hand operated. Iv had it for five years without issue except once the bracket had loosened up so it got out of alignment. 15-minute fix to the line everything back up and been smooth sailing ever since 👍
Sorry to derail but just how "weatherproof" are these? I'm thinking rain and snow...Something we get our fair share of around here.

Badchoices03

Reaction score
Sorry to derail but just how "weatherproof" are these? I'm thinking rain and snow...Something we get our fair share of around here.

When mine was working correctly, it was pretty water resistant, I had guns in the bed during a hunting trip that we got caught in a pretty good rain so was a little worried...but everything was dry when opened up.

WYRD

Reaction score
They are fairly decent. I did not install the drain kit because I didn't want to drill my bed but it keeps out the majority of the direct rain fall. But then again I'm in so cal so not a lot of rain here

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score
I'm rocking the Undercover Ultra Flex on my 1500 Chevy. I really like it, bedrug supplied material lines the bottom, and the top side has a different texture and finish than the top end Bak Flip. Quality wise they are the same, its just personal preference. Here is mine: https://undercoverinfo.com/undercover-ultra-flex

poncho

Reaction score
Honestly, I think the older one is better looking.

You sure take nice care of your stuff. 👍

When I bought my 18 Denali in November of that year they were pretty much trying to put me in the 19 for similar money, I told the salesman I thought it looked like a Dodge had buttsex with a Tundra. :p

In retrospect I'm kind of kicking myself as they have grown on me like most new models do...Oh well.