WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

It’s coming soon... get yore ass in shape

Fenderbender

Reaction score
Good ride today between conference calls. Set a new PR which is probably normal with under 10rides. I still need to work on stretching/warming up before. (Started to cramp up midway through the ride.)
Having a leaderboard to chase and the instructor pushing definitely makes a difference
View attachment 975860

Family challenge part 2 is off to a good start. Day after Valentines to Easter. Good competition except for the youngest who really doesn’t like to sweat..
View attachment 975872
Very Cool. My 11 year old uses the peloton bike and my 8 yr olds do some of the body weight stuff for their P.E. right now. Great tool to engage the family in fitness.

I have been on a decent roll this week so far. weight training and mountain bike ride this morning, on top of eating pretty well.. Trying to keep the momentum!

Reactions: DWC

Hammer

Reaction score
IMG_3878.png

Jumped up from 20-30 minute beginner rides to advanced beginner this morning. I was kind of cruising though the beginner rides and couldn’t keep pace with the 20-30 minute HIIT and other rides. Advanced beginner is the perfect balance at 30 minutes. It kicked my ass but I can keep pace, usually have a 15 second timeline below my cadence because my heart rate is on tilt and I need to catch my breath. Speaking of heart rate, the peloton heart rate monitor sucks, I spend 5 minutes ducking with it to get an accurate heart rate reading before I start... might be my chest hair? But it’s annoying... I’m going to buy a good wrist heart rate monitor .

Keep going people! Nice work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Hammer

Reaction score
For digestion. Pineapple is great for energy too.

ACV daily if you can. It’s good for digestion and blood sugar numbers.

I have an iron stomach. I can eat almost anything. I’ll give it a shot. Thanks!

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Bumping this.... So, who's slacking and who is still sweatin' it out?

Me? Everyday. No excuses.

Sent from my Note 10+ using Tapatalk

Hammer

Reaction score

You are KILLING IT! In the top 1k-2k this week in some of your rides. [emoji1305][emoji41]

IMG_4156.png

IMG_4155.png

About to get weights in right now and a half mile run to break it up. Dropped under 230 lbs yesterday at 229. I was 256 at Christmas. Shooting for 220 next.

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You are KILLING IT! In the top 1k-2k this week in some of your rides. [emoji1305][emoji41]

View attachment 978966
View attachment 978967
About to get weights in right now and a half mile run to break it up. Dropped under 230 lbs yesterday at 229. I was 256 at Christmas. Shooting for 220 next.

Thanks Mike! It's crazy how much stronger I have felt lately. I love this damn bike and all of the different options.

Sure seems like you've found your groove! That is great progress - good for you! You'll be at your next goal in no time. I bet you're feeling pretty awesome these days!

DWC

Reaction score

View attachment 978966
View attachment 978967

Outstanding work Hammer. You’re definitely doing it the right way. Very impressive

4Waters

Reaction score
I'm down 20lbs since January. Had to cut back on the exercise for a couple weeks but didn't gain any weight back. Gonna get back at it on Monday. My goal is to be between 195 and 205 by May.

DWC

Reaction score

Damn, that 382 is a big number. I’m hoping that Peloton prices drop when gyms open back up so we can get one for Havasu. I ride the E-bike a lot when we’re here but pretty sure I’ve never broke a sweat and it’s usually heading to get a cold one.
The family challenge workouts have slowed down a bit but still grinding along. My oldest ended up buying adjustable dumbbells and a boxing contraption for his workouts in St Louis. It’s got him active again. My daughter is competitive as hell. I usually head to the garage for another workout as soon as she sends a pic of her workout. My youngest is consistent. Still zero. The contest goes until Easter. Planning on winning again.

D1959347-2276-4621-AABD-BFDB3F622930.jpeg
;)

Fenderbender

Reaction score
Props to all of you for getting after it!

I was just thinking about this thread yesterday and how I should post something. I have been driving to the next town over to go workout inside the gym rather than outside ( fuckin CA) and I have been getting such a better workout. There are lots of college kids working out hard so that helps set the tone for the gym [emoji106] been trying to eat pretty clean as well. I was getting waaaay too loose with my diet in the last few months.

Also if you have a peloton and can bump the music adding a Bluetooth speaker to the bike is the shit and I could never go back to headphones

IMG_9763.jpg

DWC

Reaction score

I was just thinking about this thread yesterday and how I should post something. I have been driving to the next town over to go workout inside the gym rather than outside ( fuckin CA) and I have been getting such a better workout. There are lots of college kids working out hard so that helps set the tone for the gym [emoji106] been trying to eat pretty clean as well. I was getting waaaay too loose with my diet in the last few months.

Also if you have a peloton and can bump the music adding a Bluetooth speaker to the bike is the shit and I could never go back to headphones

View attachment 979032

I have a JBL charge next to mine. Neighbors have got to love it.

Babyback

Reaction score
If you guys don’t already have it I would also check out The pivot for the peloton by top form design if you need space for the boot camp classes

Fenderbender

Reaction score
If you guys don’t already have it I would also check out The pivot for the peloton by top form design if you need space for the boot camp classes

That is pretty cool. I enjoy doing the 60min boot camp / bike classes.

Babyback

Reaction score
That is pretty cool. I enjoy doing the 60min boot camp / bike classes.

I love me some boot camp but really couldn’t do it until I added the pivot because where our bike is in the room. It was a definite game changer for me.

last boot camp I did with Jess Sims and my abs hurt for three days after 😂
08E193F2-BC03-4F74-8213-4D63C088DD3C.png

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Those power numbers and average speed would put you in a pretty elite category in women's road racing. Does Peleton give you your FTP? Impressive.

Thanks! Yes, I did the FTP test in mid-January. I need to re-do it again soon, as I feel like I've improved since then.
The Peloton FTP is calculated to show what the FTP would be for a 60 min FTP.

Screenshot_20210305-105958_Peloton.jpg

Last edited:

Hammer

Reaction score

View attachment 979032

I have a JBL charge next to mine. Neighbors have got to love it.

I have a stereo in my garage with a TV. At some point I’d like to sink it to peloton for my workouts. It’s bitch looking at my phone on the weight training stuff on the ground.

Skater368

Upon My Request This is all Folks Skater368/nganga
Reaction score
Thanks! Yes, I did the FTP test in mid-January. I need to re-do it again soon, as I feel like I've improved since then.
The Peloton FTP is calculated to show what the FTP would be for a 60 min FTP.

View attachment 979081

As are most of them. Yours is really stout. Don't know your age but for a 35 year old female, you'd be on the podium as a Cat 2 or 3 for sure. My FTP is 236, to give you an idea. I've been cycling seriously for 30 years and have a professional coach. I'm due for a new FTP test as well. 20 minutes pretty much full-gas is not fun.

For those who don't know what were talking about. FTP is Functional Threshold Power. It is supposedly the maximum watts you can produce for one hour. On the bike, not sure about the Peleton, you do a 20 minute test then reduce it by 5%. Theoretically FTP is the power you can make (watts) for one hour.

DWC

Reaction score
I have a stereo in my garage with a TV. At some point I’d like to sink it to peloton for my workouts. It’s bitch looking at my phone on the weight training stuff on the ground.

My daughter downloaded the app on the Roku. Seems to work pretty well.
A5D7D8BF-54D5-4D02-9635-284F0E2D69D5.jpeg

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score
As are most of them. Yours is really stout. Don't know your age but for a 35 year old female, you'd be on the podium as a Cat 2 or 3 for sure. My FTP is 236, to give you an idea. I've been cycling seriously for 30 years and have a professional coach. I'm due for a new FTP test as well. 20 minutes pretty much full-gas is not fun.

For those who don't know what were talking about. FTP is Functional Threshold Power. It is supposedly the maximum watts you can produce for one hour. On the bike, not sure about the Peleton, you do a 20 minute test then reduce it by 5%. Theoretically FTP is the power you can make (watts) for one hour.

Wow, I had no idea. I've always been fit and have worked out everyday for as long as I can remember, but I only started riding the Peloton in September 2020. I really appreciate the insight and that is probably going to push me even harder now.

Peloton is calculated the same with the reduction by 5%. Then they calculate your zones off of that for specific training. I've only ever done one of the power zone trainings, but I've heard that doing them regularly can be really beneficial for performance.

SoCalDave

Reaction score
All I did was stop drinking beer about 5 weeks ago and I've lost 8lbs.

Skater368

Reaction score
Wow, I had no idea. I've always been fit and have worked out everyday for as long as I can remember, but I only started riding the Peloton in September 2020. I really appreciate the insight and that is probably going to push me even harder now.

Peloton is calculated the same with the reduction by 5%. Then they calculate your zones off of that for specific training. I've only ever done one of the power zone trainings, but I've heard that doing them regularly can be really beneficial for performance.

Yep, This shit gets super technical. My coach is a degree'd exercise physiologist and is also a World Champion MTB racer. And also is a woman. You'd absolutely get stronger, faster following a program. Our bodies need and respond to whats called "polarized training" which varies intense workouts (intervals) with endurance miles at a low output. You also need "X" amount of rest days. I train Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday. Weekends are typically 2.5-3.5 hours each day at 65% threshold. Tuesdays and Thursdays are varied hi-intensity workouts that have me going deep into the red for differing periods separated by periods of rest.

Training Peaks is down right now but I'll post some of the workouts. Since you know your zones, you could easily adapt them to the workout on a Peleton.

Fenderbender

Reaction score
I’m due for another FTP test. I’m going to do one next week since I have been getting a little stronger than I was for my last one which was about a year ago. When I was racing mtb my ftp was about 310 and I’m going to guess I’m around 260 now but we will see about that.

Hammer

Reaction score

Mel,

Maybe you should enter a cycling race?

Hammer

Reaction score
Thanks Mike! It's crazy how much stronger I have felt lately. I love this damn bike and all of the different options.

Sure seems like you've found your groove! That is great progress - good for you! You'll be at your next goal in no time. I bet you're feeling pretty awesome these days!

Outstanding work Hammer. You’re definitely doing it the right way. Very impressive

Thanks guys!!! I'm working on it. The Kids threw a wrench in my 6AM workouts lately. My knees are sore on off days, I have never had that before. (Must be getting old:eek:) Also learning to get my heart rate up when weight training.

Fine tuning my food the last two-three weeks. I did figure out I need more carbs. The evening/middle of the night sweets craving are happening because I wasn't eating enough carbohydrates. Ever since I started tracking my food, I notice I had to eat way more carbs. I did that and the cravings went away. I also noticed this week I can sustain my long rides without falling off my cadence. The days I ate light on carbs is when I had food/sweet cravings late at night.

Keep it up people.... :p

Hammer

Reaction score
That sounds like something that happens on the weekends. I'm drinking at the river on the weekends. Life balance [emoji38][emoji38]

[emoji38] [emoji106]

Skater368

Reaction score
Here is what a typical week looks like. Hi-intensity stuff is pretty short, 1:15-1:40 usually, Endurance miles, as you can see are longish less intense rides. This is next week.

tp.png

Also. ANYONE who wants to lay down solid numbers during a race or especially an FTP test, this stuff is legit. It extends your sub-lactic performance. Perfect for FTP tests. You'll notice that your legs will hit a certain level of fatigue, and it won't get any worse. Apply to quads, hams, calves, glutes and lower back.

pr lotion.jpg

DWC

Reaction score
That sounds like something that happens on the weekends. I'm drinking at the river on the weekends. Life balance [emoji38][emoji38]

Speaking of drinking at the river. Had some beers at R-bar with Tony and Gina last night and picked up a slightly used LRJ koozie. They were on the way from Vegas to their place. Pretty sure they never made it.
E348A18C-2E05-4B5A-8B88-90962EF735A4.jpeg

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Speaking of drinking at the river. Had some beers at R-bar with Tony and Gina last night and picked up a slightly used LRJ koozie. They were on the way from Vegas to their place. Pretty sure they never made it. View attachment 979455
Haha!! No way! That's awesome. Some of my favorite peeps in the world!

Babyback

Reaction score
Hey Mel,

Great job crushing the Megan Thee Stallion ride...very impressive.

It’s Saturday night, time for a cocktail 👍

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hey Mel,

Great job crushing the Megan Thee Stallion ride...very impressive.

It’s Saturday night, time for a cocktail [emoji106]
Thank you! I enjoyed the hell outta that ride! Not really music I'd listen to normally, but when I'm working out, the more hood, the better! Lol

Babyback

Reaction score
Thank you! I enjoyed the hell outta that ride! Not really music I'd listen to normally, but when I'm working out, the more hood, the better! Lol

Ha! Ha! Same here...never heard of Megan Thee Stallion before the ride, but I do like Kendall Toole...

Fight On! ✌️

Hammer

Reaction score
image-2021-03-12-06:51:22-595.jpg

IMG_4236.png

On vacation in Avila Beach. Rental House has a gym. Just smashed my 30 Minute PR!! [emoji41][emoji1689]

Time to celebrate with a round of golf today!!!

Pretty pumped right now! I could have gone for another 15 minutes I think. Might have been the 6 slices of pizza I had last night? [emoji2369]

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score
View attachment 981133
View attachment 981134
On vacation in Avila Beach. Rental House has a gym. Just smashed my 30 Minute PR!! [emoji41][emoji1689]

Pretty pumped right now! I could have gone for another 15 minutes I think. Might have been the 6 slices of pizza I had last night? [emoji2369]

Damn!! Nice work, Mike! Well done.

Yoshiro

Reaction score
I think it's great how you guys are here encouraging each other!

My wife and I have been hitting the gym every day for the past few months now that they are open for us.

She does 60 minutes on the stairmill every day and diet. She's down about 30lbs and is close to her goal.
I've been hitting the weights and diet, I'm down 35lbs to 280 and the abs are starting to come in. I'm excited and feel better.

DWC

Reaction score
View attachment 981133
View attachment 981134

Nice place and nice work.

Hammer

Reaction score
IMG_4299.png

Dragging ass this morning... ugh... Kids/work slowed down my program this week. Oh well. Gotta keep grinding.[emoji1689]

wash11

Reaction score
My Peloton. First load of alfalfa for the season with no squeeze truck available to unload. We're at 5300' elevation where unloading and stacking by hand puts a guys cardio to the test 😁 . This is the first winter I kept exercising so i'm where I need to be going into Spring and it feels great. Usually I just die everyday till mid May.

delivery day.jpg

Tpltrbl303

Reaction score
My Peloton. First load of alfalfa for the season with no squeeze truck available to unload. We're at 5300' elevation where unloading and stacking by hand puts a guys cardio to the test [emoji16] . This is the first winter I kept exercising so i'm where I need to be going into Spring and it feels great. Usually I just die everyday till mid May.

View attachment 983377

3 wire workout... I done that more times than I can count. My wife always believed that the squeeze was going to hit the barn.

Why do they always seem to get heavier as the stack gets taller.

Hammer

Reaction score
My Peloton. First load of alfalfa for the season with no squeeze truck available to unload. We're at 5300' elevation where unloading and stacking by hand puts a guys cardio to the test [emoji16] . This is the first winter I kept exercising so i'm where I need to be going into Spring and it feels great. Usually I just die everyday till mid May.

View attachment 983377

Nice work! I have a great appreciation for your lifestyle and the change you made. [emoji106]