WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

It's a Jeep thing

HocusPocus

Stihl Outdoor Power Equip
Reaction score
Not what I was expecting when I started watching the video.. Holy Crap!

2Driver

Reaction score
Found this below.........(I know my parking brake sucks in my jk.)

The 22yr old male, who was the driver of the Jeep Wrangler Sport, told Deputies he had shut off the engine, applied the emergency brake and stepped out of the vehicle to help direct a driver behind him around a tight turn. The Jeep started to roll with his 23yr old female friend in the passenger seat. He tried to jump back into the vehicle to try and steer it, but he was thrown into rocks when it left the road."

Last edited:

Ancientriverdude

Reaction score
A sxs crashed last summer, now this. The local Sheriff wants to shut it down. Not good.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
😲😲😲😳
Holy Sheet!
Not something I'd want to witness.
Hope the driver can recover from the "eject" injuries.

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Wow. Where is that trail?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Willow Rat

Reaction score
Been all over those mountains but have not had the balls to try that trail. I think this video is my final decision.

There many beautiful trails in the San Juan Mountains of Colorado. I will just stay off of that one. It is not very forgiving.

Ancientriverdude

Reaction score
Wow. Where is that trail?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It’s a 1 way trail from the top of Red Mountain Pass ( near Silverton, CO) to Telluride.
Been over it about 25 times. 1st trip was with my dad in 1962 in a 1946 Jeep. It’s like a paved road now compared to what it was in the 70’s.

Taboma

Reaction score
Here's the Jeep after it was recovered, if you can call it that. If I put my wife on that road, she'd divorce my ass before we got to the bottom :eek:

Black Bear Pass Jeep.JPG

You'd think that Sheriffs car would run a bit more of an aggressive tire if he's up on those trails.

Beautiful country, but nope, no thanks. Boy, talk about a few switchbacks -- wow.

Black Bear Rd.JPG

DLC

Reaction score
That is just gnarly ! thank god the girl Friend got out

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Here's the Jeep after it was recovered, if you can call it that. If I put my wife on that road, she'd divorce my ass before we got to the bottom :eek:

View attachment 934140

You'd think that Sheriffs car would run a bit more of an aggressive tire if he's up on those trails.

Beautiful country, but nope, no thanks. Boy, talk about a few switchbacks -- wow.

View attachment 934141
The guilt of getting out and having it roll away with the passenger, oh Lord😳🥺

neilbachman

Reaction score
That trail is quite the ride. As you can see in the dash cam, some of the turns are so tight, you can't even make them in a Jeep without having to make a 3 point turn. That being said, it is truly a awesome trail and the views are worth it if you are into Jeep'n. Hopefully the passenger makes a full recovery

1tonfun

Reaction score
Beautiful country, did Black Bear 2 years ago in our Jeep and had a blast. I will say this, I never got out of the drivers seat, my son would hop out and do any spotting that had to be done. Didn't want something like this to happen with the wife and grand daughter in the back seat. Our friends that have a place in Ouray did it in an H-1 Hummer, it was a 10 point turn at every switch back. Hope they both make a full recovery.

2Driver

Reaction score
A sxs crashed last summer, now this. The local Sheriff wants to shut it down. Not good.

What a Dick. Better shut down the 70 between Denver and the ski resorts then and every highway in America for that matter

riverroyal

Reaction score
That’l buff out
Donate to what? Nobody donated to me when I crashed on the road down the street