WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

It's been a while...

LBsuperJET

Well-Known Inmate #1155
Reaction score
Hey all,

It has been a couple of years since I have logged into this site, but i'm back. I havent had a boat in the past 3 or so years but the bug hasn't left me one bit. Most of you may not remember me, being that I used to own only jet boats and didnt post too much so I'll re-introduce myself! My name is Reid, born and raised (and still live in) Long Beach. I grew up going to Echo Lodge and also havent been there in a couple of years. Anyway, great to be back! Glad to hear that RD still sux lol :thumbup:

I have an opportunity to buy an 08 27 Warlock (World Class?) open bow bare hull (not even torn into yet) and have it rigged by the seller at a pretty killer price. Ive been wanting to get into a bigger boat for some time. Now, idk if the seller is on the boards or not, or know any names since I havent even gone out to take a look at it yet, but I am assuming he may or may not be the current owner of Warlock and is selling off the hulls that were popped from the molds during recent years. Is Warlock still in business even? My question is are these good hulls? Are they a thick or a light layup?

Not trying to start any drama here or anything, just looking for info on the boat and company since I dont know chit about Warlock.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Cheers :D

Last edited:

charlyox

Reaction score
Welcome back. I don't know shit about Warlocks but I am sure lots of people on here do.

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome back!! I'm sure that those who know will be here shortly with some info for you!! Good luck with the potential purchase!

Director...
Reaction score
Welcome back...I will send Ambusher by..Im pretty sure he is up to speed on Warlocks...

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
Welcome back...give this some time and you will get the info you need.

LBsuperJET

Well-Known Inmate #1155
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I've seen the guy's ad's in the IE CL? Does he have bare bulls, 25s, a 27, and a 32?

Btw, welcome back.:thumbup:

Yep, thats the guy. One of the other hulls is a green on white tribal design I think that was the 32. Thx!

AMBUSHER

Reaction score
Hey all,

It has been a couple of years since I have logged into this site, but i'm back. I havent had a boat in the past 3 or so years but the bug hasn't left me one bit. Most of you may not remember me, being that I used to own only jet boats and didnt post too much so I'll re-introduce myself! My name is Reid, born and raised (and still live in) Long Beach. I grew up going to Echo Lodge and also havent been there in a couple of years. Anyway, great to be back! Glad to hear that RD still sux lol :thumbup:

I have an opportunity to buy an 08 27 Warlock (World Class?) open bow bare hull (not even torn into yet) and have it rigged by the seller at a pretty killer price. Ive been wanting to get into a bigger boat for some time. Now, idk if the seller is on the boards or not, or know any names since I havent even gone out to take a look at it yet, but I am assuming he may or may not be the current owner of Warlock and is selling off the hulls that were popped from the molds during recent years. Is Warlock still in business even? My question is are these good hulls? Are they a thick or a light layup?

Not trying to start any drama here or anything, just looking for info on the boat and company since I dont know chit about Warlock.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Cheers :D

The 27' and 29' World Class were dominant hulls in the APBA's Factory One(F1) division of offshore racing for years. At the time that racing division was a live there were some hulls that were a little faster or maybe a little better in the rough but it was tough to beat the Warlocks combination of rough water handling and speed. The 29 was the more popular of the two, but both hulls held their own well. I'm not sure when Warlock went out of production but I think there were several different owners or partners in the last few years. 2008 was kind of the last big push for the company to hold on,(Diablo deck boat/ cat etc.) granted there were some built into 2010 I think.

As far as the layup, I haven't seen any in person newer then a 2004/5 I think. But they were very solid boats that can take a good bit of abuse. If the boat has not been rigged I would want to do some research and make sure the X-dimension is cut right and that it wasn't a "Friday" boat. Not that I have heard or seen any evidence of that in them, but that was still the general time frame that the market fell out and some manufactures were just kicking boats out the door.

Hope this helps, and Welcome back...:thumbup:

LBsuperJET

Well-Known Inmate #1155
Reaction score
The 27' and 29' World Class were dominant hulls in the APBA's Factory One(F1) division of offshore racing for years. At the time that racing division was a live there were some hulls that were a little faster or maybe a little better in the rough but it was tough to beat the Warlocks combination of rough water handling and speed. The 29 was the more popular of the two, but both hulls held their own well. I'm not sure when Warlock went out of production but I think there were several different owners or partners in the last few years. 2008 was kind of the last big push for the company to hold on,(Diablo deck boat/ cat etc.) granted there were some built into 2010 I think.

As far as the layup, I haven't seen any in person newer then a 2004/5 I think. But they were very solid boats that can take a good bit of abuse. If the boat has not been rigged I would want to do some research and make sure the X-dimension is cut right and that it wasn't a "Friday" boat. Not that I have heard or seen any evidence of that in them, but that was still the general time frame that the market fell out and some manufactures were just kicking boats out the door.

Hope this helps, and Welcome back...:thumbup:

Ambusher, thanks for the info! Yeah it hasnt been rigged at all. What is the X-dimension? :hmm

LBsuperJET

Well-Known Inmate #1155
Reaction score
Yes, I've seen the ads, here they are. I'm always searchin the net at boats. I don't know anything about him, just saw the ads recently.

Here are the 25 and 32 ads. Didn't see the 27? Might of missed it.

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/boa/4257785294.html

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/boa/4257776374.html

Those are them...I havent seen the 27 on cl but a few pics were sent to me by my buddy who is buddies with the seller. Ill try to put one up on here tonight. It looks good but I need to go check it out in person before I decide on anything.

AMBUSHER

Reaction score
Ambusher, thanks for the info! Yeah it hasnt been rigged at all. What is the X-dimension? :hmm

The X-Dimension is the prop-shafts location in correlation to the bottom of the boat. The higher it its while still maintaining efficiency generally means the boat will run faster but can be harder to get on plain etc. Too low of an X and the boat wont mph well(slow).

http://www.pokerrunsamerica.com/component/k2/item/81-x-marks-the-spot-%E2%80%93-how-x-dimension-can-boost-performance-by-steve-sandler

TJ

LBsuperJET

Well-Known Inmate #1155
Reaction score