WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

It's official: The LA Dodgers were cheated out of 2017 World Series win

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
By BILL PLASCHKE LA Times

For three years we’ve wondered, and now we know.

How did the Houston Astros’ hitters so easily pound three of the Dodgers’ hottest pitchers in two key games in Houston in the 2017 World Series?

How did they so easily wreck Yu Darvish for four runs in the second inning of a Game 3 Astros victory? How did they so effortlessly score 10 runs against Clayton Kershaw and Brandon Morrow in the Game 5 victory?

They cheated, that’s how.

They used technology at Minute Maid Park to steal the Dodgers’ signs. Their hitters knew what pitches were coming. They gleefully pounced on them. They accumulated 18 runs with 26 hits and six home runs in two series-changing victories that have now indelibly stamped an asterisk on an event forever marred by a sickening truth.

The Dodgers were cheated out of the 2017 World Series championship.

This is not sour grapes. This is not revisionist history. This is now and forever fact after a Major League Baseball investigation revealed Monday that the Astros used technology to cheat during their championship season.

MLB suspended both Astros general manager Jeff Luhnow and manager A.J. Hinch for one year. They were quickly fired by Astros owner Jim Crane. MLB also fined the organization $5 million and stripped it of two seasons’ worth of first- and second-round draft picks, yet it still didn’t address the true damage.

The Dodgers were jobbed out of a championship that would have ended a 29-year drought, and what is MLB going to do about that?

The Dodgers won’t get to claim the title. That damage has already been done. That parade has already been lost. But the Astros should be forced to hand the Commissioner’s Trophy back to Commissioner Rob Manfred right now, vacate the title and forever leave that space in the record books as empty as the organization’s integrity.

The Dodgers didn’t win it on the field, but history should forever note that nobody beat them.

Whole article here: https://www.latimes.com/sports/dodg...7-world-series-title-dodgers-still-feel-empty

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Starting my 15th season working for the Dodgers

It’s entertainment, period
Not life and death
Circus tricks and fat pay checks

They are the top selling in swag sales and have one hell of an ownership with brains and money. They will get their wins one day

Everyone gets paid well no matter what
$10 an hour raise last year, will see how this year goes

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
Don’t feel too bad for Kershaw and Darvish , they walked away with millions ...

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Show me a team that does not try and steal signs, i will show you a no score kept teeball league
If you don't see the problem with this then you don't know the rules of the game. It's not the sign stealing..... It's the use of electronics to do so. Without a camera in center field the offense only has eyes on the catcher straight away for MAYBE 5% of a game on the real high side. Without a man on 2nd, there isn't a way to see the signs and get them to the batter in real time. With the tech, they knew q Kershaw curve was coming before Kershaw even put his hand on the ball.

And apparently Alex the dusche bag Cora was the coach that instituted the entire thing. And what did he get for his efforts.....? A Boston job offer and millions of $$$$. Can't wait for the ruling on his actions....

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

One2go

Reaction score
If you don't see the problem with this then you don't know the rules of the game. It's not the sign stealing..... It's the use of electronics to do so. Without a camera in center field the offense only has eyes on the catcher straight away for MAYBE 5% of a game on the real high side. Without a man on 2nd, there isn't a way to see the signs and get them to the batter in real time. With the tech, they knew q Kershaw curve was coming before Kershaw even put his hand on the ball.

And apparently Alex the dusche bag Cora was the coach that instituted the entire thing. And what did he get for his efforts.....? A Boston job offer and millions of $$$$. Can't wait for the ruling on his actions....

Well at least the owner fired his cheating ass this afternoon!

JD D05

Reaction score
Don’t feel too bad for Kershaw and Darvish , they walked away with millions ...

There is that for sure and they live incredible lives. But these guys or at least a lot of them truly care about getting a ring. My cousin played for 12 years in the MLB and was traded from his team the year before they won the world series. He was truly sick and upset. We have had many conversations about, he really wanted a ring bad. Kershaw has just been hammered in the media etc.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
Yeah, well, life is full of disappointment. I'm not about to get upset because one group of millionaires "cheated" another group of millionaires, all who are working for a couple of billionaires.

It's entertainment, were you not entertained?

MLB is upset because gambling was/is affected by this, not because of the purity in competition.

Yellowboat

Reaction score

I do see an issue with it. Mlb can set thier own rules of what is and is not allowed. What i am saying is every major sport that has signs has people actively trying to steal them. The methods legal for use are up to the league. Hell, in college we had guys watching wreslting coaches to see if they were giving signs when it came to refferies position.

Its not a new thing, and nothing can stop it. New tech just made it easier. Are binoculars ok? What about a high powered spoting scope? If so whats the diffrenece betweem those and looking thru the lense of a camera in real time? I dont really see much difference. How many nfl teams have professional lip readers on staff?

Heaven forbid professional athletes have to change thier signs every once in awhile.

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
Red Sox should call Bruce Bochy. Get him off the recliner.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
I do see an issue with it. Mlb can set thier own rules of what is and is not allowed. What i am saying is every major sport that has signs has people actively trying to steal them. The methods legal for use are up to the league. Hell, in college we had guys watching wreslting coaches to see if they were giving signs when it came to refferies position.

Its not a new thing, and nothing can stop it. New tech just made it easier. Are binoculars ok? What about a high powered spoting scope? If so whats the diffrenece betweem those and looking thru the lense of a camera in real time? I dont really see much difference. How many nfl teams have professional lip readers on staff?

Heaven forbid professional athletes have to change thier signs every once in awhile.
I'm not referring to other sports. Just baseball. Like you said there are different rules for different leagues and all so we'll stick to baseball here....

Binoculars in the stands and what not are fine, common, and normal. It's the relay to the players is where it becomes the issue. With electronics those sights are instantly relayed to the players which gives them the HUGE edge. Without that instantaneous relay, all they can do is study the signs and figure out the pitcher and catchers tendencies and any tips they may give off.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Coming out this morning it wasn’t trash Can banging nor whistles. Batters were wearing electronic devices under their Jerseys.

F.U.IRS

Reaction score
Coming out this morning it wasn’t trash Can banging nor whistles. Batters were wearing electronic devices under their Jerseys.
If that's the case I would say they got off pretty lightly

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Dodgers haven’t really said a whole lot about it. Wonder if this has anything to do with it

54336995-BCE0-48E8-A06B-17E907B8995D.png

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score
What i am saying is every major sport that has signs has people actively trying to steal them.

Are binoculars ok? What about a high powered spoting scope? If so whats the diffrenece betweem those and looking thru the lense of a camera in real time? I dont really see much difference. How many nfl teams have professional lip readers on staff?

Well duh, that’s the point of signs, so the opposing team doesn’t know what you’re doing.

No, binoculars and spotting scopes are not ok either. It needs to be confined to the 9 guys on the field. If you, as a team, can figure out their signs, or the pitcher is tipping pitches with a tell and you can tell he’s going to throw a curveball by the way he moves his glove, that’s all fair game. When you start getting outside sources involved, that’s cheating. Where would it end then..? A whole staff of analysts, 10 cameras, microphones in the opposing dugout..?

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score
I’ll put it this way: the entire sport of baseball is a pitcher trying to throw a pitch the batter can’t hit, and the batter trying to figure out what the pitcher will throw next. You start bringing in cameras and outside personnel and earpieces, vibrating shoes, etc...that’s cheating.

I’m a dodgers fan, But I’m not saying they should have the title or cry that they got robbed. This is about the Astros, their title should be stripped. Reggie Bush lost his Heisman and he didn’t even cheat, it was stripped from him because he didn’t follow the rules, and that year is vacant. I don’t see why this should be any different.

Dirtbag

Reaction score
Show me a team that does not try and steal signs, i will show you a no score kept teeball league
as a former MLB player you are right. And there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. As long as you are doing it with your own two eyes from a position on the field such as a dugout or 2b. You see in baseball the players can police that. But when you are using technology to cheat it becomes something the players themselves cannot police and that my friend is not good for the game. Im sad to see my former teammate caught up in this but he fuckin knows better. he should have stopped it in its tracks.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
as a former MLB player you are right. And there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. As long as you are doing it with your own two eyes from a position on the field such as a dugout or 2b. You see in baseball the players can police that. But when you are using technology to cheat it becomes something the players themselves cannot police and that my friend is not good for the game. Im sad to see my former teammate caught up in this but he fuckin knows better. he should have stopped it in its tracks.

Good experienced take!

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Dodgers haven’t really said a whole lot about it. Wonder if this has anything to do with it

View attachment 834557
I know you absolutely hate the dodgers so you'll take it as fact..... But...... All those articles mention is suspicion and no reason for it or suspicion as to how it was occuring. If it was...... Fire whoever was doing it. Just like the Astros and Red Sox did.

Long Way Home

Dog Days of Summer!
Reaction score
From trade rumors.............. The Dodgers lost the 2017 World Series in seven games to a franchise that’s now embroiled in one of the biggest scandals in baseball history. The Astros, who defeated the Dodgers, fired the GM (Jeff Luhnow) and manager (A.J. Hinch) of their championship team Monday after the league determinedthey were key figures in a sign-stealing scandal from that year. Luhnow and Hinch received one-year suspensions before the Astros dismissed them, while the tea also lost four draft picks (first- and second-rounders in each of the next two years) and earned the maximum fine of $5MM. The Dodgers could perhaps feel slighted as a result of the Astros’ misdeeds, but the organization is prohibited from making any complaints known. .......................The team issued a statement Monday, saying: “All clubs have been asked by Major League Baseball not to comment on today’s punishment of the Houston Astros, as it’s inappropriate to comment on discipline imposed on another club. The Dodgers have also been asked not to comment on any wrongdoing during the 2017 World Series and will have no further comment at this time.”

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
The Yankees got fucked just as bad as the Dodgers.

If you knew the killer curveball isn’t coming, not necessarily what other pitch is, it’s a HUGE advantage.
That’s what was killing Kershaw and beat the Evil Empire.

Lots more to come. This is nowhere near over. The MLB barely dealing with it is more fuel on the fire. MLB wanted a quick and dirty solution.

If I had $10k on WS tickets and $10k on Season tickets I’d take a run at a refund.
MLB would eventually hold their nose and settle.

Slime ball law firms may already be chalking their tips and cueing up.
It’s only $100 to file a lawsuit.

Hell, a NY lawyer bought one of those $19 space hoses and just like mine it grenaded first use. He filed a class action and we just got a $19 check in the mail. Everyone did.

Same thing with that slip and slide Nissan-Renault Transmission. Just because the French invented the blow job doesn’t mean their trannys are good.

This has just begun.

Last edited:

steak&lobster

aka rclvlhc
Reaction score
Didn't the Yankees have a couple cheaters on their team when they won the World Series in 2009. Petite and A Rod. :D
Yes ! I mentioned that on a friends FB page when he was crying about his Dodgers. . .

nowski

Reaction score
Cheating or No Cheating: That Dodger's Astro's World Series was one of the most exciting I have ever seen and you can't take that away from me...

Lavey5150

Just one more
Reaction score
Didn't the Yankees have a couple cheaters on their team when they won the World Series in 2009. Petite and A Rod. :D

That was for a collective thyroid condition.......(Input Trout jabs here) Go Yankees

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
My wife has breast implants. Is that the same as a corked bat?
I don't know, but breast implants are always highly recommended and appreciated!:D