WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

It's over 70 here today!!!!

Photo Chick

Reaction score
I opened the door to let the dogs out, braced myself for the chill, and a nice humid warmth hit me!!!
I think I'll be a gardner today!!!

Just had to share my excitement with ya'all!!!:beer

Tom Brown

Epsilon contributor
Reaction score
It's over 70 here too. In fact, it's so comfortable I think I'll stay indoors and enjoy the warmth. :cool:

westair

Reaction score
I opened the door to let the dogs out, braced myself for the chill, and a nice humid warmth hit me!!!
I think I'll be a gardner today!!!

Just had to share my excitement with ya'all!!!:beer

Wheres here? Are you trying to ruin Storm Watch 2008!!

Tom Brown

Epsilon contributor
Reaction score
To be serious for a moment, and gosh I hate to, the current temperature here is 27*F with a predicted high of 35*F this afternoon. That is extremely warm for the first week in January in this part of the world. Consider me in favor of global warming. :cool:

By this afternoon, the city will be a wet, sloppy mess. Tomorrow is predicted to be 10*F so the wet streets will re-freeze with much smoother ice. It's your basic Zamboni weather.

Come on up, Lori. We're a little light on leopards and tigers but I'm willing to bet it will be the coolest place you've ever been.

Photo Chick

Reaction score
Wheres here? Are you trying to ruin Storm Watch 2008!!
I'm in Frisco, TX....20 minutes north of Dallas. Yesterday morning when I got to the cat park it was 31 and they get cranky in the cold!! Storm watch....:p you must be in LA...oh the news people there...how I miss their drama :rolleyes:

To be serious for a moment, and gosh I hate to, the current temperature here is 27*F with a predicted high of 35*F this afternoon. That is extremely warm for the first week in January in this part of the world. Consider me in favor of global warming. :cool:

By this afternoon, the city will be a wet, sloppy mess. Tomorrow is predicted to be 10*F so the wet streets will re-freeze with much smoother ice. It's your basic Zamboni weather.

Come on up, Lori. We're a little light on leopards and tigers but I'm willing to bet it will be the coolest place you've ever been.

I'm afraid I'd turn into a popcicle Tom, I'll stick to viewing the pictures you post... or I'll try it in the summer! :D

Ratso

Reaction score
It's nice here too... It's January and people are out looking to buy boats... Geezus...

Photo Chick

Reaction score
It's nice here too... It's January and people are out looking to buy boats... Geezus...

Well I'm not going to run out and buy a boat but I'm definitely running out.......:D
I have a piece of furniture to refinish, I've been putting it off..I think today is the day!!

Alkywagon

Dickknuckle
Reaction score
In the 40's today and all weekend here, that burning tyre pile must be doing the trick. Hey photo chick, when you get severe weather there you know like t storm warnings and twisters do you get "storm watch" too??:lmao

Photo Chick

Reaction score
In the 40's today and all weekend here, that burning tyre pile must be doing the trick. Hey photo chick, when you get severe weather there you know like t storm warnings and twisters do you get "storm watch" too??:lmao

Nope we don't. They just report the weather as though it's a normal day. If there is a bad storm they interrupt the program to let you know the facts so you can prepar but they leave the drama out.

Are you in Cali also?

Alkywagon

Dickknuckle
Reaction score
Nope we don't. They just report the weather as though it's a normal day. If there is a bad storm they interrupt the program to let you know the facts so you can prepar but they leave the drama out.

Are you in Cali also?

Used to be, in wisconsin now, hell a few years ago we stood out in the street and watched a tornado form right over our houses, year before that we had an ass hander of a storm, stood outside and watched the lake across the street from my house get blown up the street, that was pretty fuckin wild.

Photo Chick

Reaction score
Used to be, in wisconsin now, hell a few years ago we stood out in the street and watched a tornado form right over our houses, year before that we had an ass hander of a storm, stood outside and watched the lake across the street from my house get blown up the street, that was pretty fuckin wild.

Wow...scary!! I'd prefer earthquakes!! Your temp is pretty mild for WI isn't it?
Here's a couple pics from our last tornado

that's a bed wrapped around the tree, the couple who owned it died unfortunately

Attachments

• IMG_6108.JPG
    IMG_6108.JPG
    239.6 KB · Views: 160
  • 6151.jpg
    6151.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 170
  • Ford.JPG
    Ford.JPG
    225.1 KB · Views: 184

Alkywagon

Dickknuckle
Reaction score
January thaw, monday it was -6 when I went to work. Those twisters are nasty, we had one a few miles away from my house, I watched that too. Got caught on the river in a severe thunderstorm, hail and branches and shit, that sucked too.

You take those pics?

LandSpeedRacer

Reaction score
Wow, tornado damage is always impressive. When I was in WV I saw and area like that that had just been hit, I could not believe the damage. The thing is, it was in a hilly area with a lot of trees, and the Tornado did not care.

We got hit pretty hard here in Marysville yesterday, :smackhead I have never seen winds like that here. I wound up with part of the roof torn off, one fence down, cable line torn out, and many branches everywhere. There is a building supply right down the street with half the roof missing, one wall flattened and the entire frame twisted. It will have to be torn down. Damage seems to be everywhere.

Take care and enjoy the weather!

Scott

Photo Chick

Reaction score
January thaw, monday it was -6 when I went to work. Those twisters are nasty, we had one a few miles away from my house, I watched that too. Got caught on the river in a severe thunderstorm, hail and branches and shit, that sucked too.

You take those pics?

yes I took them, the only aftermath I've ever seen since I've only lived here 4 years. I was speachless at the damage.

Wow, tornado damage is always impressive. When I was in WV I saw and area like that that had just been hit, I could not believe the damage. The thing is, it was in a hilly area with a lot of trees, and the Tornado did not care.

We got hit pretty hard here in Marysville yesterday, :smackhead I have never seen winds like that here. I wound up with part of the roof torn off, one fence down, cable line torn out, and many branches everywhere. There is a building supply right down the street with half the roof missing, one wall flattened and the entire frame twisted. It will have to be torn down. Damage seems to be everywhere.

Take care and enjoy the weather!

Scott

I'm glad the weather waited until the day after I left your area, sounds like it's been yucky ever since Wednesday....

rrrr

Reaction score
Lori, I played a round of golf today in East Plano.....it was pretty nice except for the freekin' wind. :rolleyes:

It's looking like we might have a mild winter this year.....

Rexone

an ordinary American
Reaction score
I'm in Frisco, TX....20 minutes north of Dallas. Yesterday morning when I got to the cat park it was 31 and they get cranky in the cold!! Storm watch....:p you must be in LA...oh the news people there...how I miss their drama :rolleyes:

We had a little rain pass through this weekend. Pretty average for most parts of the country. It dominated the airwaves here starting 2 days before it rained.

:fsakes <<< It's only rain KNBC... get a life.

Tom Brown

Epsilon contributor
Reaction score
"rain"

lmao! :D

..... oh...... you're serious.
emoticon-eh.gif

Kazanski

Reaction score
We had a little rain pass through this weekend. Pretty average for most parts of the country. It dominated the airwaves here starting 2 days before it rained.

:fsakes <<< It's only rain KNBC... get a life.

So true...they make a HUGE deal about a little water falling from the sky!!! half the time they broadcast the storm watch and it dies by the time it makes it to So. Cal!! But one thing they need to broadcast is how to drive in the rain and turn on your windshield wipers without slamming on your brakes!!! :smackhead

PC those pictures are amazing, but I have to agree with you on the disliking of fords!

Photo Chick

Reaction score
Lori, I played a round of golf today in East Plano.....it was pretty nice except for the freekin' wind. :rolleyes:

It's looking like we might have a mild winter this year.....

I sure hope so, at least until I exit the place!! ;)
Hey does Fonda golf too, can't remember? I want to go next time, I haven't played in a while. Not in the wind though!!

So true...they make a HUGE deal about a little water falling from the sky!!! half the time they broadcast the storm watch and it dies by the time it makes it to So. Cal!! But one thing they need to broadcast is how to drive in the rain and turn on your windshield wipers without slamming on your brakes!!! :smackhead

PC those pictures are amazing, but I have to agree with you on the disliking of fords!

Thank you...yes So cal people don't know how to drive in the rain....

maxwedge

(Maximus Wedge-i-mus)
Reaction score
Funny, I did the same thing bundling up to take the dog out this AM and discoved I would have been fine in a T-shirt and shorts. It's been mid 60's here in IL all day and supposed to be the same tomorrow. Just Tuesday it was -3 with blowing snow, so I guess Ill take it.

I have no dout that Ranger will turn up in the Parts Car section of ebay with the heading "Easy Fixer" if it didn't already. :D

Photo Chick

Reaction score
Funny, I did the same thing bundling up to take the dog out this AM and discoved I would have been fine in a T-shirt and shorts. It's been mid 60's here in IL all day and supposed to be the same tomorrow. Just Tuesday it was -3 with blowing snow, so I guess Ill take it.

I have no dout that Ranger will turn up in the Parts Car section of ebay with the heading "Easy Fixer" if it didn't already. :D

WOW that's crazy for IL right now, isn't that where you're from?!! :eek:

Still warm here but the wind is wipping!! Yuk!

maxwedge

(Maximus Wedge-i-mus)
Reaction score
WOW that's crazy for IL right now, isn't that where you're from?!! :eek:

Yep. The ice finally melted so I could finish changing the halfshaft on the Celica that I started doing back in Nov, so now next time it snows at least I will be able to AWD donuts again.:D

Skankersore

Man Eater
Reaction score
Life is good.

I watched both games while sipping bloody marys/cold beer on a sunny patio at Hermosa Pier. I overheard someone say temps reached 79.

I wonder what the poor folks of Toronto are enjoying this time of year?

Tom Brown

Epsilon contributor
Reaction score
You guys would be loving it here today.

I won't upset everyone with large numbers and minus signs but the warm spell we were having seems to be over. :D