WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Its raining... dealing with roof rain

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
My house is basically an "L" shape and where that inside corner is, I have the roof slant meeting. Right at that point it creates a little waterfall and during rain when it drips into the planter below it creates a little crater. What is something simple I could do to prevent that? I thought about perhaps a rock or something there that would deflect it? I'd like to avoid any type of gutter as the front of the house doesnt have anything.

Brian

Reaction score
Put a square stepping stone in the planter where the water hits the dirt.

cofooter

Reaction score
They have those rain chains now that have become popular. Basically a chain or chain with buckets or objects that the run-off will follow down into a bucket or something else you choose. They are suppose to control the velocity of run-off and guide it to where you want it. You can google them.

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
All over Asia, they use decorative chain suspended from the roof At the waterfall point. The water runs slowly down the chain into a planter or decorative bucket ect. Cool look .

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
They have those rain chains now that have become popular. Basically a chain or chain with buckets or objects that the run-off will follow down into a bucket or something else you choose. They are suppose to control the velocity of run-off and guide it to where you want it. You can google them.
Beat me by that much. Lol

cofooter

Reaction score
Beat me by that much. Lol
I had new gutters put in by my contractor and he called for a rain chain on two porch corners. I saw them hanging the chains and I said WTF is that cause I'd never seen them before. He laughed and said it was in the plans. I switched out their chain link to a more decorative brass chain from Amazon.

500bbc

Reaction score
I had new gutters put in by my contractor and he called for a rain chain on two porch corners. I saw them hanging the chains and I said WTF is that cause I'd never seen them before. He laughed and said it was in the plans. I switched out their chain link to a more decorative brass chain from Amazon.
Watch how they work in a hard rain or wind.:rolleyes:

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

That's what we have. My wife found a nice looking one with copper basins. Works great!

DC-88

Reaction score
Leaderhead to catch it first, downspout instead of chain if it gets a big volume --

Yoshiro

Reaction score
Put some gravel in the planter where the water hits. Or, the rain chains have been used up the the pacific northwest since I was a kid.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
A lot of people will put diverters at the bottom of the valley. That will only give you two smaller streams in this case. In a heavy downpour, it will keep you from having a fountain. I have done a combo of both, chain and diverter, small hole in diverter to allow the chain to handle lighter rain, and diverter to slow the flood.

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
Hang a chain into maybe a nice pot with hole in bottom , water will flow down chain 😎👍