WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

It's so hard to say goodbye... She's gone.

Magic34

Reaction score
First, nobody died.

Watching her being pulled away today was hard. I think many agree here that it isn't the happiest day when you sell your boat. We're still in the boating game in San Diego, but that Formula was an awesome boat. We spent the weekend with the new owners and I kept asking myself why did we sell it? Excellent boat.

The good news, the new owners are as particular as I am and will take excellent care of her. If you care about your boat and want to see it go to a good home, I recommend selling to a DCB owner. They recently sold their very well cared for F32. Oh, and his new tow truck is legit! Way nice!

You may see her in Havasu periodically and you'll definitely see it in Newport and Dana Point, as they live in OC.

IMG_4306.jpg

IMG_2152.jpg

IMG_2158.jpg

IMG_4296.jpg

Singleton

Reaction score
It is always hard to say goodbye. But you get to say hello to the new one soon. Speaking of that, what is next?

Magic34

Reaction score
For now, the days of "performance" are behind us.

TCHB

Reaction score
I always liked that boat. Lots of comfort and smooth rides.

River Lynchmob

What can I do to u for u?
Reaction score
I know the feeling I just sold one this weekend as well.

Chipster27

B Team Member #27
Reaction score
I'm guessing this one won't end up on Party Heat with an insane claimed value, LOL.

Magic34

Reaction score
I'm guessing this one won't end up on Party Heat with an insane claimed value, LOL.

LOL. Still think I left money on the table with that one. Wasn't a bad guy but he had a reputation he had to keep. Funny thing, he bought both my 34s from me. Kind of like Dave @ DCB does with all you guys.

On a serious note, that guy died about 2 years ago. Drinking, RZR, Glamis.. rolled it hard.

cooler guy

Reaction score
First, nobody died.

Watching her being pulled away today was hard. I think many agree here that it isn't the happiest day when you sell your boat. We're still in the boating game in San Diego, but that Formula was an awesome boat. We spent the weekend with the new owners and I kept asking myself why did we sell it? Excellent boat.

The good news, the new owners are as particular as I am and will take excellent care of her. If you care about your boat and want to see it go to a good home, I recommend selling to a DCB owner. They recently sold their very well cared for F32. Oh, and his new tow truck is legit! Way nice!

You may see her in Havasu periodically and you'll definitely see it in Newport and Dana Point, as they live in OC.

View attachment 426105

View attachment 426102

View attachment 426103

View attachment 426104

I know how you feel, sold my 27PC Formula this year. Nicest boat I've ever owned inside and out.. boat.jpg

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Congrats!!!

I think your slow rolling everyone a bit considering the upgrade...lol;):D

The new runabout is nicer than my boat:)

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
Does that say 37 foot (Formula)? So that monster was trailerable? Any idea how much it weighted on the trailer (approximately)

Just wondering. Thats a bad ass boat.

I live close to the bay and was looking into this as a possible option someday. I don't want to pay the $300 a month to moor one and the maintenance that goes with it.:p Don't have to go far, just far enough to storage. :D

Magic34

Reaction score
Does that say 37 foot (Formula)? So that monster was trailerable? Any idea how much it weighted on the trailer (approximately)

Just wondering. Thats a bad ass boat.

I live close to the bay and was looking into this as a possible option someday. I don't want to pay the $300 a month to moor one and the maintenance that goes with it.:p Don't have to go far, just far enough to storage. :D

Formula 370 SS. Boat was 38' 6", with the extended platform it was 40' and 10' 6" wide. On the trailer, 44'. I know exactly what it weight (had a scale at the office)... Weight was 23,000# on the trailer.

$300/month is a steal in a slip. I paid $350/month to store it on the trailer at the marina in SD (had full marina privileges including a slip when in water) and if it was kept in the water it would have been about $650/month plus the monthly bottom cleaning/diver (~$50). I was paying more than $300/month to store it in storage in Havasu as well.

On the trailer is definitely the way to go if you can tow it short distances. It was a little difficult when I used to trailer it back and forth to Havasu and CA. The overall load didn't bother me as much as the heat and weight on the axles/bearings.

The boat... it was my favorite one I've owned to date.

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score

The slip rental was $300 last I checked but that is for a 35 ft sailboat in San Mateo. I am sure it is more up north of me. Not sure if it would fit in that slip though:p

They have alot of vacancy up here. But this ain't the St Francis yacht club :p

Thats a big trailer so off site outdoor storage might be in the $150 range. Thats a few miles away

Formula 370 SS. Boat was 38' 6", with the extended platform it was 40' and 10' 6" wide. On the trailer, 44'. I know exactly what it weight (had a scale at the office)... Weight was 23,000# on the trailer.

$300/month is a steal in a slip. I paid $350/month to store it on the trailer at the marina in SD (had full marina privileges including a slip when in water) and if it was kept in the water it would have been about $650/month plus the monthly bottom cleaning/diver (~$50). I was paying more than $300/month to store it in storage in Havasu as well.

On the trailer is definitely the way to go if you can tow it short distances. It was a little difficult when I used to trailer it back and forth to Havasu and CA. The overall load didn't bother me as much as the heat and weight on the axles/bearings.

The boat... it was my favorite one I've owned to date.

IinsureU

aka 'Insman'
Reaction score
I miss my boat from time to time and really miss the house I built in Havasu, but things change and you have to roll with it. If you lived somewhere that use could be more frequently enjoyed, I am pretty sure you probably would not hole sold her. On to the next chapter in your life, whether or not it includes boating, enjoy the family while you can before the kids grow older and head off to college and become adults.