WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Its time, Howard 255 going in the mold!

Reaction score
Congrats to you as well!
Like wise on pics, care to post the rendering?
That way I know which boat I am looking for!! or do you have a build thread started?
Thanks so much! We are extremely excited to finally get our new boat!
Mike hasn't sent over any renderings yet but we emailed him example colors and lines over the weekend and he said he would be working on something this week.
How long after you gave him your colors and graphics ideas did it take for him to have something drawn up and over to you?
As soon as we have the rendering that we are going to go with I will definitely start another thread on the forums.

v6toy4x

Reaction score
Thanks so much! We are extremely excited to finally get our new boat!
Mike hasn't sent over any renderings yet but we emailed him example colors and lines over the weekend and he said he would be working on something this week.
How long after you gave him your colors and graphics ideas did it take for him to have something drawn up and over to you?
As soon as we have the rendering that we are going to go with I will definitely start another thread on the forums.
I can be a bit impatient and bored so, I had him send me their blank rendering for our particular model ahead of time and did 3 different threads on here over about 3 weeks, on colors and gel schemes which culminated in a 90% rendering which I gave him a couple weeks ahead of time. Once it was my turn he took a quick look and returned me his "adjustments, more like corrections" and we were done. If you are next up he will get it back quick, he will wan to be sure you are signed off before he starts.

I will keep an eye out for a 288 thread, the big question--What power!!

Reaction score
I can be a bit impatient and bored so, I had him send me their blank rendering for our particular model ahead of time and did 3 different threads on here over about 3 weeks, on colors and gel schemes which culminated in a 90% rendering which I gave him a couple weeks ahead of time. Once it was my turn he took a quick look and returned me his "adjustments, more like corrections" and we were done. If you are next up he will get it back quick, he will wan to be sure you are signed off before he starts.

I will keep an eye out for a 288 thread, the big question--What power!!
Thats what I figured if we are next in line for the 288 mold!
I am going back and forth constantly between the 565 and 600's and still haven't decided.
The top end speed is about 5 MPH different or so between the two, which isn't that big of deal to me.
I know the 565 comes with the DTS, which I heard is incredible.
Any thoughts or recommendations on that? Sorry if I am asking questions about my boat on your thread!

v6toy4x

Reaction score
Thats what I figured if we are next in line for the 288 mold!
I am going back and forth constantly between the 565 and 600's and still haven't decided.
The top end speed is about 5 MPH different or so between the two, which isn't that big of deal to me.
I know the 565 comes with the DTS, which I heard is incredible.
Any thoughts or recommendations on that? Sorry if I am asking questions about my boat on your thread!
Ask away I kinda muddied up Mecasa'a thread on his 255 so its only fair,

My take on power, outside of shear cost,
-better to have and not need/want--than need/want and not have
-565 is pretty maxed so power increase would be invasive and costly down the road
-600 with the supercharger can be upgraded with pulley changes and some software for considerable gains much less invasive and costly
-We wanted maximum fuel range so when I reached out to others on the 600 the responses came back somewhat typical that the 600's cruising consumption was a decent amount more than the 565. This is obviously the cost of the power but the 255 only has 65 gallons so when considering that we ruled it out quickly.

Price,
You saw the price sheet, so from a strictly price perspective $$/HP the 565 makes a lot of sense if you aren't going to want large increases down the road.

As most say, "buy the most motor that will fit in your wallet"

I know that isn't much help, you are kind of on an island all by yourself with gel color and motor choices!

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
600 no brainer. I’ve got two and love them with the stage 4 upgrades that you too can do down the line if you’ld like. In stock form they also run 87 octane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

legend14

Reaction score
600 no brainer. I’ve got two and love them with the stage 4 upgrades that you too can do down the line if you’ld like. In stock form they also run 87 octane.

I'm undecided on a 565 or 600 for my 288, what is the stage 4 upgrade give you? Is the 600 a reliable turn key engine??

Riverryder

Reaction score
@legend14 he’s got 2 motors.. seem realiable he bought the boat and didn’t wait to open it and wake her up. He did the dam damn run last year 1-2 days after getting he boat after waking them up. He has a thread on his build go to his page and find it.

Riverryder

Reaction score
The one next to it looks pretty much the same as that one? I love the Howard’s but they all look pretty much the same? Just different colors?
has anyone done anything different?

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
I'm undecided on a 565 or 600 for my 288, what is the stage 4 upgrade give you? Is the 600 a reliable turn key engine??
850-900HP so they say

Reaction score
I have spoken with multiple shops in Havasu and every single mechanic says that if they were buying a new boat and the price difference for the initial purchase wasn't a differentiator they would all go with the 600.

v6toy4x

Reaction score
I have spoken with multiple shops in Havasu and every single mechanic says that if they were buying a new boat and the price difference for the initial purchase wasn't a differentiator they would all go with the 600.
My concern with the 255 only having 65 gallons of fuel was the 600 is way more thirsty at cruising speed that the 565, or that is the consensus I got early on.
The 565 pushes the 255 plenty and I really want as much fuel range as feasible.

If I was in the 288 with 100 gallon capacity and the larger platform I would 100% agree the bigger the better knowing the 600 with the supercharger can be upgraded down the road if you fancy!!

None of this is any good without pics!!

legend14

Reaction score
so your saying they would all go for the 600 over the 700?