WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

D

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
Agreed . . I don't even have kids but dated a chick for almost 10 years with 3 of them. I bet she is coming UNGLUED right about now.
She was cut out of the 'You WILL go to a 4 year University straight out of high school' mold.
Glad I'm not around that war zone now ! LOL

AR33

Reaction score
Just so you all know, my wife and I are both teachers. Neither of us support this. We believe that parents should demand teachers go back or not get paid. There’s actually quite a few teachers that feel the same way. We are all pushing back against the union.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

94Nautique

Once Banned
Reaction score
If they don't go back to work immediately! Just like Reagan did with the air traffic controllers. Fuck this. The kids have suffered enough.

Listen to this bullshit

VIDEO: California School Board VP Says Reopening Schools Is 'Very White Supremacist,' 'That's What Slavery Is' - National File
One thousand percent agreed!

Make it illegal for politicians or school board members to participate in ANY labor negotiations if the politicians or board members receive ANY money from the labor unions they are negotiating "AGAINST."

Yes, that is the root of the problem. The teacher unions (not student unions, but teacher unions see the other problem) buy the politicians they negotiate with.

FUCK DEMOCATS AND UNIONS

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk

Lavey29

Floatin Dirty
Reaction score
Let's also not forget like 45 other states have had schools open all year. Private schools in California have been open to. The large states in the US controlled by the radical left have kept schools and their economies closed. Now they are poised to get a 2 trillion dollar pay out that our children and grandchildren will pay back. Fuck libturds.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
My kids are back 3/8
Had to wait for LA County to loosen restrictions
Our teachers at our school wanted to be back.

My sister in law is LB public school teacher, back in class with kids last week.

FWIW, neighbor is Compton School Teacher
They had to teach every day (online) from their classroom

I think that was a good tactic as it kept the teachers in a work mode vs being at home.

squeezer

Reaction score
Just so you all know, my wife and I are both teachers. Neither of us support this. We believe that parents should demand teachers go back or not get paid. There’s actually quite a few teachers that feel the same way. We are all pushing back against the union.

We have two kids in school, first and second grade...

Not sure what grades you teach but from our perspective it looks like the teachers are working harder now than ever. Whats your experience been like?

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score

Not sure what grades you teach but from our perspective it looks like the teachers are working harder now than ever. Whats your experience been like?

Keep them away from Jao...he likes em that age.

Oh wait... YOU are ok with that. Never mind.
3ACB5A50-9589-4F29-A271-B1142C3BC01B.gif

AR33

Reaction score

It was a learning curve at first to figure out how this all will work. So it was tough at first. However, I get up later and I’m done way earlier with my day now that I have a routine. However, when we hit the progress reports halfway through the first semester and 700/1200 kids were failing it was extremely alarming. Then multiple HS kids that I have taught ended up committing suicide. This isn’t teaching. Teaching requires building relationships and trust and the kids will run through walls for you. That’s my favorite part of teaching. It’s impossible to do through a screen. We need to go back for the kids.

wallnutz

Reaction score
It was a learning curve at first to figure out how this all will work. So it was tough at first. However, I get up later and I’m done way earlier with my day now that I have a routine. However, when we hit the progress reports halfway through the first semester and 700/1200 kids were failing it was extremely alarming. Then multiple HS kids that I have taught ended up committing suicide. This isn’t teaching. Teaching requires building relationships and trust and the kids will run through walls for you. That’s my favorite part of teaching. It’s impossible to do through a screen. We need to go back for the kids.

I can’t imagine having to teach like that, then throw on the suicides.

AR33

Reaction score
Another angle for me, full disclosure, is watching the affect it has had on my own kids. I have a 6th grade daughter and a son that is a junior in HS. They both HATE this type of learning and has taken a toll on their learning. My wife and I are bouncing between teaching and helping our kids with their school. My son has Stanford, Yale, Dartmouth, CAL all talking to him for football scholarships. They are all saying that they like him a lot but really need Junior film to offer. He has had to watch kids from Texas, Arkansas, Louisiana get offers at his same position because they got to play football and get film. It’s wrong. California kids are at a serious disadvantage and for what??? The people that made these decisions hurt our kids period.

4Waters

Reaction score
Another angle for me, full disclosure, is watching the affect it has had on my own kids. I have a 6th grade daughter and a son that is a junior in HS. They both HATE this type of learning and has taken a toll on their learning. My wife and I are bouncing between teaching and helping our kids with their school. My son has Stanford, Yale, Dartmouth, CAL all talking to him for football scholarships. They are all saying that they like him a lot but really need Junior film to offer. He has had to watch kids from Texas, Arkansas, Louisiana get offers at his same position because they got to play football and get film. It’s wrong. California kids are at a serious disadvantage and for what??? The people that made these decisions hurt our kids period.

My daughter confided in us a couple weeks ago that she has had thoughts of suicide. She is doing really well with distance learning but she did really well with in-person as well, 3.8+ both ways while taking AP classes. She just can't stand the social isolation, she miss's her social time at school like eating lunch with her friends in the quad seeing them between classes.... and just hanging out and going to the movies. She also has always had a good personal relationship with her teachers that she doesn't have right now.

These teachers saying that they won't go back until they are vaccinated from a virus that is 99% survivable makes me question weather they will actually take a bullet for my kids if an active shooter were on campus, way less likely to survive being shot.

She is feeling better right now since she talked to us and got her feelings off her chest. Makes me know we are doing something right when my kids feel comfortable bringing up things like this, open communication has always been number one in our book.

This shit has to stop, the kids have to go back last August.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
My daughter confided in us a couple weeks ago that she has had thoughts of suicide. She is doing really well with distance learning but she did really well with in-person as well, 3.8+ both ways while taking AP classes. She just can't stand the social isolation, she miss's her social time at school like eating lunch with her friends in the quad seeing them between classes.... and just hanging out and going to the movies. She also has always had a good personal relationship with her teachers that she doesn't have right now.

These teachers saying that they won't go back until they are vaccinated from a virus that is 99% survivable makes me question weather they will actually take a bullet for my kids if an active shooter were on campus, way less likely to survive being shot.

She is feeling better right now since she talked to us and got her feelings off her chest. Makes me know we are doing something right when my kids feel comfortable bringing up things like this, open communication has always been number one in our book.

WOW....Thank goodness she can talk to you guys about something like that. Had to have scared you but you got the opportunity to have deeper discussions. Many parents don't get that chance.

4Waters

Reaction score
WOW....Thank goodness she can talk to you guys about something like that. Had to have scared you but you got the opportunity to have deeper discussions. Many parents don't get that chance.
It did scare the shit out of us, I do feel blessed for sure. My thoughts are with those parents that didn't get that chance.

AR33

Reaction score

I’m so happy that your daughter came and talked to you guys. Either way, that’s awful.
Real teachers would be willing to take a bullet for their “kids”. That’s what I call my students anyhow, they are my kids. My students know that and I want to puke when I hear teachers or unions whine about being scared. Kids are more important than their fears.

94Nautique

Once Banned
Reaction score

Exact reason I bought my son and I the 260z project car. I want to be sure I am talking and interacting with him multiple times a day.

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
"sleepy" and the "dim's" are allowing the Teachers Unions to Run The Show. Just watching and Washington D.C. area teachers are now saying they might not be prepared to return to InClassroon teaching until 2023 or Later if Health Concerns are not met.:rolleyes:

94Nautique

Once Banned
Reaction score
"sleepy" and the "dim's" are allowing the Teachers Unions to Run The Show. Just watching and Washington D.C. area teachers are now saying they might not be prepared to return to InClassroon teaching until 2023 or Later if Health Concerns are not met.:rolleyes:
Personally, we’re better off to start with a clean slate in DC, that is a fucking hell hole. If they don’t want to come back til 2023, politely tell them to fuck off and die. Replace the schools with Charters, school choice and vouchers.

fuck public employee unions. (Same thing as saying fuck democrats)

Looking Glass

Reaction score
Personally, we’re better off to start with a clean slate in DC, that is a fucking hell hole. If they don’t want to come back til 2023, politely tell them to fuck off and die. Replace the schools with Charters, school choice and vouchers.

fuck public employee unions. (Same thing as saying fuck democrats)

Ronald Reagan handled the Air Traffic Controllers. Strike. Zero threats or Long negotiations.

Bye Bye!! You are now Unemployed. :oops:

wallnutz

Reaction score
Just had a long talk with a friend of mine that I hadn't talked to in a few years. His wife is a teacher that worked for a school district. A couple months into covid and shutting schools down, she started looking around at different options for their own kids to be in a class room. They found a charter school that didn't shut down and enrolled their kids. After battling with the district she worked in that kids need to be in school, she got fed up and left. She got a new teaching job at the charter school where their kids go. It was a pay cut to do it, but wow what a difference in teaching. No agendas to teach, she can hold up the class until every kid is at the same pace, or she can speed up if all the kids are getting it. They have only had four or five cases of covid at the school since last August when she started. That was right during the holidays. My friend agrees the teachers union is behind a bunch of the BS of not getting back to the classrooms. He said a lot of teachers his wife used to work with won't even talk to her anymore for her crossing the union line.

The one part I don't get about AZ, is the teachers union wasn't that strong here a year ago. There has been some outside influence brought in for the Red for Ed scam. Just more money for the administration and no more for the teachers.

94Nautique

Once Banned
Reaction score
Ronald Reagan handled the Air Traffic Controllers. Strike. Zero threats or Long negotiations.

Bye Bye!! You are now Unemployed. :oops:
My exact thought on how this bullshit needs to be handled. Fucking pathetic when teachers strike or do ANYTHING political. Fuck those cocksuckers for lying to everyone about their motives when it’s clear they are self serving every time.

94Nautique

Once Banned
Reaction score
Just had a long talk with a friend of mine that I hadn't talked to in a few years. His wife is a teacher that worked for a school district. A couple months into covid and shutting schools down, she started looking around at different options for their own kids to be in a class room. They found a charter school that didn't shut down and enrolled their kids. After battling with the district she worked in that kids need to be in school, she got fed up and left. She got a new teaching job at the charter school where their kids go. It was a pay cut to do it, but wow what a difference in teaching. No agendas to teach, she can hold up the class until every kid is at the same pace, or she can speed up if all the kids are getting it. They have only had four or five cases of covid at the school since last August when she started. That was right during the holidays. My friend agrees the teachers union is behind a bunch of the BS of not getting back to the classrooms. He said a lot of teachers his wife used to work with won't even talk to her anymore for her crossing the union line.

The one part I don't get about AZ, is the teachers union wasn't that strong here a year ago. There has been some outside influence brought in for the Red for Ed scam. Just more money for the administration and no more for the teachers.
teachers moving from commiefornia.

Looking Glass

Reaction score
My exact thought on how this bullshit needs to be handled. Fucking pathetic when teachers strike or do ANYTHING political. Fuck those cocksuckers for lying to everyone about their motives when it’s clear they are self serving every time.

The "KEY" word = MOTIVES.🤔

DC-88

Reaction score

My wife got her teaching job at 22 in 93' and when Newsom got elected she and quite a few others in her district opted out of the union and "self insured" based on not wanting her union dues to support bad politics . It doesn't cost much, and the dues are gone.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score

I was born in 1961 Biloxi. Right in the heart of it all. Left there as a boy and went to the Philippines. Then back to the South. Arkansas, Tennessee, etc.
I saw racism for real, and was the target of it in the Philippines to some degree. The flip boys would beat us up if we went too far off the base housing compound.
I’ve spent 59 years watching people cry racism over stupid shit. I’ve spent my life defending myself as a champion of equality and know what real racism looks like first hand. My Black friends in elementary school couldn’t go places with me or hang out after school without fear. All kinds of shit. Honestly the blacks didn’t seem to mind either. They were happy to by on their “side of the tracks” after dark and it was just as bad for me if I went where I didn’t belong.
This was many years ago. A different time.
But the point is that these cry’s of racism today make me shake my head.
Despite all his efforts, even Obama could not make me a racist.

But now...?
I’m not there yet. but it’s closer than I’ve ever been in 59 years. Seriously.
And this is what “they” want to pigeonhole and divide us further.
Frankly, it’s working. I’m so sick of hearing about all my imagined privilege I could puke.
So yeah, they want me to be a racist?
Cool

Singleton

Reaction score

Glad to hear you daughter talked to you!
Have a few friends with kids in HS and Middle School that had similar feelings like your daughter. This aspect / impact is not being talked about enough.

Singleton

Reaction score
Carlsbad Unified was ready to go back to hybrid in person for Middle and High School.
Teachers Union decided to pull out of the agreement day before opening was scheduled. This made me read the Carlsbad Teacher Union charter and mission statement. Got me even more pissed off, since not one statement in those documents are about STUDENTS!

we are good friends with some middle and high school teachers - all have said they want back in the classroom, but some very senior Union members and Union board see this as an opportunity to renegotiate the contract and get more money. My response was not so nice.

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score

They would rather all of the students continue to suffer the mental and emotional stress of stay-at-home isolation.

But apparently going on vacation is not risky at all. A post from a private Facebook group for members of UTLA reads:

“Friendly reminder: If you are planning any trips for Spring Break, please keep that off of Social Media. It is hard to argue that it is unsafe for in-person instruction, if parents and the public see vacation photos and international travel.”

Scumbag liberals

DILLIGAF

Reaction score

They would rather all of the students continue to suffer the mental and emotional stress of stay-at-home isolation.

But apparently going on vacation is not risky at all. A post from a private Facebook group for members of UTLA reads:

Scumbag liberals

Thats because the teachers I used to take to the river went wild out there. They are trying to fool the public of course.

FIRE THE UNION PEEPS!

dnewps

Banned
Reaction score
Time to homeschool. We are 2400 miles from LA now. The internet makes it a suburb. Fuck the “heroes”. You and your union suck ron Jeremy dick!!!!

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
California has struggled for five years to create a politically palatableethnic studies” curriculum that would teach high schoolers how systemic racism, predatory capitalism, heteropatriarchy and other “structures of oppression” are foundational to American society.

Now, after more than 82,000 public comments, and four major rewrites, the state Board of Education is expected to approve the latest version next week, clearing the way for lawmakers to make a semester-long course in the material a graduation requirement for all of California’s 1.7 million high school students.

Get your kids away from the commie cocksuckers.

Danger Dave

Sarcastically Optimistic 😁
Reaction score
Last edited:

monkeyswrench

Reaction score

The Red Scare people are kind of interesting. My wife is a teacher...and I am extremely anti-union...this has made for some interesting dinner conversations. The pseudo union the educators have established is very old school Hoffa. If you don't join, unpleasant things may happen(not violent, too lazy. Other difficulties though). It used to be the administration was separate from teachers. Not so much now. Leverage is easily gained. My wife loves teaching, hates politics. She'd love to start a more traditional pre-school/early-ed type school. Property is a bit beyond my reach in town though, and we are in the sticks. We'll see what the future holds though.

As for the new push for unionization here in Az, the two mouth pieces for the Red for Ed were both teachers in the Phoenix area. There is something of note though, one was in the state for a year, the other for two. One was from Chicago, the other from Austin I believe.

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
I'm offended band-aids uses Aids in its name. Ban them.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Well, at least it was a female teacher...

WTF?! To do that, and go right back to teaching, makes you wonder if the teacher was on X or something. Always surprised the hell out of me, I needed a clean drug test to work on a school's roof, but teachers don't need to be tested.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Well, at least it was a female teacher...

WTF?! To do that, and go right back to teaching, makes you wonder if the teacher was on X or something. Always surprised the hell out of me, I needed a clean drug test to work on a school's roof, but teachers don't need to be tested.

Probably was screwing around with the dude and thought the camera was off.

Reactions: DWC