WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

It's Time

stevesdcb

Reaction score
Well.....after a lot of researching & soul searching, the wife & I are moving from Elk Grove Ca. to Prescott Az. Being a 3rd generation Sacramento native, the decision to move has not been easy for me, have never lived anywhere else. Have a lot of memories & friends here. Lots of reasons for moving, many of these reasons fall into the "political" category. House is sold, new house is purchased. New house is on 2 plus acres in Inscription Canyon, looking forward to it, a new chapter for sure.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
My step-daughter lived in Prescott Valley for years. We loved visiting the area. Congrats on your new adventure.

wallnutz

Reaction score
Well.....after a lot of researching & soul searching, the wife & I are moving from Elk Grove Ca. to Prescott Az. Being a 3rd generation Sacramento native, the decision to move has not been easy for me, have never lived anywhere else. Have a lot of memories & friends here. Lots of reasons for moving, many of these reasons fall into the "political" category. House is sold, new house is purchased. New house is on 2 plus acres in Inscription Canyon, looking forward to it, a new chapter for sure.
Welcome to AZ, Hope you vote RED! :cool:

RCDave

Reaction score
Congratulations! I aspire to follow in your shoes out of Kaliforniastan

UltraLucky

Reaction score
Congratulations on the move and beginning a new direction. Stepping out of your comfort zone is a good thing.

Flatsix66

Reaction score
Congrats! Inscription canyon is a beautiful area. We are looking to buy or build near there along the Williamson ranch rd for our escape from kalifuckistan. Do you have horses?

stevesdcb

Reaction score
Congrats! Inscription canyon is a beautiful area. We are looking to buy or build near there along the Williamson ranch rd for our escape from kalifuckistan. Do you have horses?
Not planning on horses however, the place we are buying has a metal 1280 ft metal horse barn with 2 stalls & a workshop. Plan is to remove the stalls, more room for a boat, car, trailer, quad. I'll make you a hell of a deal on the stalls & anything else horse related.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Congratulations on your Escape from Kalifornia!

4airs5.jpg

4ais2k.jpg

stevesdcb

Reaction score
Congrats. Im leaving for TX at the end of the month 👍
Congrats!
Congrats. We are going to Prescott and some surroundings areas in the fall to start looking around.
Moving has been on our possibility list for years. Wife's uncle moved to Prescott 2 years ago, he also lives in Inscription Canyon. Taking everything into consideration, including the weather, I think it's going to be good.

Havasu Surfer

Reaction score

Both my grandparents and uncle lived in Prescott for 20 years and we always enjoyed visiting them. Have not been there in about 10 years. Would appreciate hearing what has changed including the surrounding areas. Also would be curious what were the specific political reasons you moved on? Not that it isn’t obvious but just want to benchmark my current perception with all that has changed in SoCal. Good luck with your transition and move.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stevesdcb

Reaction score
Both my grandparents and uncle lived in Prescott for 20 years and we always enjoyed visiting them. Have not been there in about 10 years. Would appreciate hearing what has changed including the surrounding areas. Also would be curious what were the specific political reasons you moved on? Not that it isn’t obvious but just want to benchmark my current perception with all that has changed in SoCal. Good luck with your transition and move.

Can't speak on what Prescott was like in the past.
Without getting to political & bouncing to the political section. I'm a conservative, non racist, ex-Probation/Parole Officer, still working part time teaching LEO firearms classes. Politics out of Sacramento are way to liberal for me including but not limited to open borders, sanctuary state, state taxes, gas tax, prop 13, BLM & how the local politicians treat LEO. Everybody sees & experiences differently, I try & recognize that.

HavaToon

Reaction score
Enjoy it! Moved there in 1996 and then down to the Valley is 2004 for work. All my family still lives there and not to far from you in Granite Oaks and Williamson Valley Ranch.

Motor Boater

Reaction score
Make sure you pronounce Prescott right, the locals will correct you on the spot.

Yep. Ive lived in AZ all my life, raised in Flagstaff and never heard of this BS until a few years ago. Some lady from California who lived in Prescott for a minute corrected me on how to pronounce a place that is an hour from where I grew up. It’s honestly pretty annoying. 20 years I lived in flagstaff, then 20 years in Phoenix and never heard anyone correct the pronunciation now it’s commonplace.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Been out here for 8 years. I think you won't regret the decision at all!

I'm on the east side of the valley, more flats than hills. The air is clean and things are all around a bit slower pace. It's a pretty decent place to be....
I meant to say it's horrible! Or we're closed...
Nah, it's been pretty damn good 🤫

Tommy Gun Images

Media Lackey
Staff member
Reaction score
Yep. Ive lived in AZ all my life, raised in Flagstaff and never heard of this BS until a few years ago. Some lady from California who lived in Prescott for a minute corrected me on how to pronounce a place that is an hour from where I grew up. It’s honestly pretty annoying. 20 years I lived in flagstaff, then 20 years in Phoenix and never heard anyone correct the pronunciation now it’s commonplace.

I have to agree with you. I grew up in Prescott and lived there most of my life. Growing up I don't recall any locals correcting people on their pronunciation of the name, but you automatically knew if someone wasn't from there. The whole name deal started to become a "thing" in the 90's and ever since then when I tell people where I'm from we have to have a conversation about the name LOL.

To the OP, congrats on a great choice of places to live. Prescott is hard to beat on many levels!

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
Congrats! Who do you do training for? Fieldcraft Survival is in Prescott.

I've got to get the hell out of here. Prescott, Flagstaff, and somewhere around Park City are all in the running. One more promotion and it's adios.

Taboma

Reaction score
Been out here for 8 years. I think you won't regret the decision at all!

I'm on the east side of the valley, more flats than hills. The air is clean and things are all around a bit slower pace. It's a pretty decent place to be....
I meant to say it's horrible! Or we're closed...
Nah, it's been pretty damn good 🤫

OK, clean air ?? Since this area came up today in this thread and I'm always looking for a new place to hang our hats, I had to check out some props in that area.
Like some of the properties in that Williamson Valley area, a lot of nice newer homes --- not cheap, but nice none the less.
So I'm checking temps and imagine my surprise to find air quality at poor for the next several days at least --- how come ? Ozone being the main contributor. But I'm seeing the same poor air quality up at our ranch properties where normally the sky is so blue you think you be trippin. 😁 The Apple fire smoke ?

JBS

Reaction score

I've got to get the hell out of here. Prescott, Flagstaff, and somewhere around Park City are all in the running. One more promotion and it's adios.

I live in Scottsdale but am familiar with Prescott, Flag, and own a place in Pine. Hands down go to Park City if you have a choice. It is far better than AZ. We just started to look in Park city. I would move there full time if I could

RodnJen

Reaction score
Congrats on the move. Best of luck to you and your family.

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
I live in Scottsdale but am familiar with Prescott, Flag, and own a place in Pine. Hands down go to Park City if you have a choice. It is far better than AZ. We just started to look in Park city. I would move there full time if I could
That’s our first choice because we have friends in Layton, but I’ve heard it’s starting to get crowded. Heber Valley is close, and you can get more land, so that’s also an option. Anything in Park City seems to be Newport Beach pricing so I’ve got to save my pennies.

Our CEO just left for Scottsdale a couple of months ago and likes it thus far, and the CFO left for FL last year. The exodus is definitely happening.

Last edited:

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
OK, clean air ?? Since this area came up today in this thread and I'm always looking for a new place to hang our hats, I had to check out some props in that area.
Like some of the properties in that Williamson Valley area, a lot of nice newer homes --- not cheap, but nice none the less.
So I'm checking temps and imagine my surprise to find air quality at poor for the next several days at least --- how come ? Ozone being the main contributor. But I'm seeing the same poor air quality up at our ranch properties where normally the sky is so blue you think you be trippin. 😁 The Apple fire smoke ?

You're right, the air up here is like China...smog like 1980s LA

;)

As I look of the porch right now, to the north there is definitely a red haze visible over the horizon. I would think the air quality has suffered some due to the fires out west. In 2012, we moved here. My youngest was 4 at the time, and on breathing treatments twice a day. Once a month he would be in the ER with breathing issues...pretty scary at times for us. In retrospect, our previous home was against the hills, and that tended to be where the bad air was pushed to. I don't know. Since we've been here, there has been no need for breathing treatments for him, and no ER visits for him as well. Hell, just that may have been worth it all.

JBS

Reaction score
That’s our first choice because we have friends in Layton, but I’ve heard it’s starting to get crowded. Heber Valley is close, and you can get more land, so that’s also an option. Anything in Park City seems to be Newport Beach pricing so I’ve got to save my pennies.

Our CEO just left for Scottsdale a couple of months ago and likes it thus far, and the CFO left for FL last year. The exodus is definitely happening.

Park city prices are high. Have close friends that are now full time in Promontory. Very nice but not in the budget.

I do like Heber for a full time situation. I am not in a position to do that now. Scottsdale is home for at least 8-10 years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

stevesdcb

Reaction score

Teach for the Los Rios Cummunity College District. LEO classes 832 p/c, Force & Weaponry, & Firearms Instructors Class. I'll look up Fieldcraft when I get settled. Thanks for the heads up.

FreeBird236

Reaction score
Okay I realize it's not Pres- cot, but is it Pres- kit or Pres- cut?😁

Badchoices03

Reaction score
Okay I realize it's not Pres- cot, but is it Pres- kit or Pres- cut?😁

Pres-Kit...but based on some of the comments above, I think they might be on to something about that being more a "transplant" thing...because I had family that lived there all their life, and I pronounced it Pres-Cott, and was never corrected, then a few years ago my dad bought a house there, coming from California, and all of sudden I am saying it wrong and its Pres-Kit....smh 🤷‍♂️

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
@stevesdcb , important stuff: Outlaw Donuts makes some good stuff...not healthy, but good. Before the covid bs, that was the Saturday morning cars and coffee place. Still going, but the numbers are way down. A lot of the older crew playing it safe. The True Value in town there is huge, good selection of old school hardware. More industrial things, like hiem joints and air fittings, Yavapai Fleet is stocked pretty well. Not quite Grainger, but pretty good.