WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Ivan Dan - Still looking for a small amp?

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
That is a great amp. I had one of those back in the day that ran 2 12's and a pair of components. Mine was a punch 60 though:thumbsup They definitely dont build amps like that anymore.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
That is a great amp. I had one of those back in the day that ran 2 12's and a pair of components. Mine was a punch 60 though:thumbsup They definitely dont build amps like that anymore.

That was the first good amp I ever bought:)

Punch 60 worked good for 2 JL 10's and some components:beer

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
That was the first good amp I ever bought:)

Punch 60 worked good for 2 JL 10's and some components:beer

Mine too. I then stepped up and bought a punch 40 for the mids and highs and powered just the subs with the 60. those were the good ole days of the X-card and making your own crossovers...LOL

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Mine too. I then stepped up and bought a punch 40 for the mids and highs and powered just the subs with the 60. those were the good ole days of the X-card and making your own crossovers...LOL

Funny thing is for what that 60 cost and those JL's you could buy twice as much equipment today:):hmm

On a side note my Rhino is about done and pretty loud:skull

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
Funny thing is for what that 60 cost and those JL's you could buy twice as much equipment today:):hmm

On a side note my Rhino is about done and pretty loud:skull

Yup. and you would have 10,000 watts....LOL

Post up some pics, I havent even looked at mine. I have all the equipment though. and I think it will sound OK.

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
You assholes are gonna make me put a sub and amp in my rhino aren't you? :swear:swear:swear:swear
________
Mac games

Last edited:

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Yup. and you would have 10,000 watts....LOL

Post up some pics, I havent even looked at mine. I have all the equipment though. and I think it will sound OK.

I will take some in the next couple days.

Simple..

Blue Top Optima
800 Watt (not really) Scoshe 4 channel amp
pods front/rear
2 Polk momo 6x9's
2 Polk Momo 6.5's
10" Kicker CVT in a home made sealed box. (not a ton of room under the seat but I think I got close to .85 ft

Plays rock great. Sub and box are a little small for pounding rap bass on high volume.

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
I will take some in the next couple days.

Simple..

Blue Top Optima
800 Watt (not really) Scoshe 4 channel amp
pods front/rear
2 Polk momo 6x9's
2 Polk Momo 6.5's
10" Kicker CVT in a home made sealed box. (not a ton of room under the seat but I think I got close to .85 ft

Plays rock great. Sub and box are a little small for pounding rap bass on high volume.

did you stuff the box with pillow fill to "trick' the sub into thinking its in a larger box? with 2 bags you should be able to get the sound of a 1 ft box.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
You assholes are gonna make me put a sub and amp in my rhino aren't you? :swear:swear:swear:swear

Time for another set of speakers and a box for that 10:D:beer

I like the box,amp,speakers in the bed idea;)

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
did you stuff the box with pillow fill to "trick' the sub into thinking its in a larger box? with 2 bags you should be able to get the sound of a 1 ft box.

I filled it up quite a bit with polyfill. I didn't pack it solid/dense but there is alot in there.

It will get the party started but its hard to bang hard in a open air enviroment with a single 10.

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
I filled it up quite a bit with polyfill. I didn't pack it solid/dense but there is alot in there.

It will get the party started but its hard to bang hard in a open air enviroment with a single 10.

Yah, all the ones I have heard with s single really didt hit too hard. the system I had designed for the old one would have done OK with 8 6x9s and 2 12s. Im glad we never finished it as The thing was heavy enough as it was.

Sig Ep Mock

Reaction score

See that's the crappy part of hearing good systems....it ruins you for ever...most of people would think this much stereo in a Rhino is ridiculous...but no not us....we're all standing here thinking it could sound better. :) It's a sickness I tell you....I kinda wish I could go back to not knowing what a good system sounds like.....well ok not really:D

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
See that's the crappy part of hearing good systems....it ruins you for ever...most of people would think this much stereo in a Rhino is ridiculous...but no not us....we're all standing here thinking it could sound better. :) It's a sickness I tell you....I kinda wish I could go back to not knowing what a good system sounds like.....well ok not really:D

I agree..now that Mom did the same speakers in her boat that you did in the 27 I have been going over my boat and trying to figure out where I can put them. :hmm

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Trickle, where did you put the Optima? I wanted to get one of those kits that put one under the hood but ended up with the kit that put 2 Odessys up there instead.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Trickle, where did you put the Optima? I wanted to get one of those kits that put one under the hood but ended up with the kit that put 2 Odessys up there instead.

I put a blue top under the hood in the middle. Custom battery holddown that I got from No Limitz motorsports.

Are you running a surepower isolator with your set up?

I ordered one but I don't think the stator is gonna work all that well. I will probably install it just in case but bring a charger for the optima.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Just saw this...thanks Chris! So how big would you say this amp is size wise? Would it fit in my glove box? Also, since you guys are all stereo guru's around here how much different would this amp make over my Sony head unit I have now hooked up in the glove box?

It won't fit in the glove box. I imagine it's 10-12" wide 12-14" long and about 2.5" deep. The punches also get pretty hot.

What are your plans? It's only a 2 channel amp so you could wire 4 speakers together but not a sub.

It would be alot louder than the HU:)

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
Sell the 2 channel and grab a 4 channel and another set of 6x9's;):D

You would be into the whole deal less than 200.00:beer(Not counting battery)

It's pretty loud:skull

I don't need to add any more speakers beside the sub. I just don't feel like dealing with the second battery and having to charge it.
________
OG KUSH MARIJUANA STRAIN

Last edited:

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
Just saw this...thanks Chris! So how big would you say this amp is size wise? Would it fit in my glove box? Also, since you guys are all stereo guru's around here how much different would this amp make over my Sony head unit I have now hooked up in the glove box?

It won't fit in the glove box. I imagine it's 10-12" wide 12-14" long and about 2.5" deep. The punches also get pretty hot.

What are your plans? It's only a 2 channel amp so you could wire 4 speakers together but not a sub.

Actually with the end caps off its pretty small and will mostlikely fit in the glove box. I would also think heat wise it wouldbe OK. and if he wanted to get involved witrh caps and coils he could run the 6.5s and a single 10 off of it...although running it that way it would get pretty warm and would need continuous airflow over the heat sinks. if you just run it to the 6.5s it would be considerably louder than the head unit.

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
I don't need to add any more speakers beside the sub. I just don't feel like dealing with the second battery and having to charge it.

your wife just called and said you could buy anything you want :thumbsup

:lmao

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Actually with the end caps off its pretty small and will mostlikely fit in the glove box. I would also think heat wise it wouldbe OK. and if he wanted to get involved witrh caps and coils he could run the 6.5s and a single 10 off of it...although running it that way it would get pretty warm and would need continuous airflow over the heat sinks. if you just run it to the 6.5s it would be considerably louder than the head unit.

I think it will be too wide but I could be wrong. How deep is the glove box?

Run out side and check because I know your ass ain't working...lol:skull:D

Cole Trickle

Reaction score

leave it alone then because that amp and a sub is gonna kill a single battery;):beer

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
I think it will be too wide but I could be wrong. How deep is the glove box?

Run out side and check because I know your ass ain't working...lol:skull:D

Rhino is at the wrehouse and I work out of the house ;) I think it might fit. even if it doesnt in the 660s there is a perfect spot for amps under the hood.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Rhino is at the wrehouse and I work out of the house ;) I think it might fit. even if it doesnt in the 660s there is a perfect spot for amps under the hood.

blah blah blah...you will never install all your gear...lol:skull:D

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
I wonder how a bass tube would sound on the back? LOL!!!!!
________
Islam forum

Last edited:

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
I wonder how a bass tube would sound on the back? LOL!!!!!

Sean tried a 8" bazooka and it wasn't super stellar.

Just park by my rhino and plug in your izod and you can pretend its yours for free...lol:beer:D

Ivan Dan

Reaction score

Right now I have a pair of 6.5's and a pair of 5x7's run by a Sony HU. I'm just trying to make it a little louder and ditch the HU for an amp. I don't want to do a sub at this point or a 2nd battery. I was just thinking putting a small amp in the glovebox would make my existing stereo louder and easier to use.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Right now I have a pair of 6.5's and a pair of 5x7's run by a Sony HU. I'm just trying to make it a little louder and ditch the HU for an amp. I don't want to do a sub at this point or a 2nd battery. I was just thinking putting a small amp in the glovebox would make my existing stereo louder and easier to use.

Measure the glove box and order the best amp that will fit. I personally don't think you will find a good amp with decent power that will fit there but who knows.

A decent amp will make it a decent amount louder. The 5x7's will probably be louder and I would probabloy grab a 4 channel amp so you can adjust the gain on each channel for max output.

Most of the crappy no name amps that are smalll enough to fit in teh glove box won't make it that much louder.

Ivan Dan

Reaction score
Measure the glove box and order the best amp that will fit. I personally don't think you will find a good amp with decent power that will fit there but who knows.

A decent amp will make it a decent amount louder. The 5x7's will probably be louder and I would probabloy grab a 4 channel amp so you can adjust the gain on each channel for max output.

Most of the crappy no name amps that are smalll enough to fit in teh glove box won't make it that much louder.

That is just mean!!! :swear You know I don't have my Rhino here to measure. :skull

I'm afraid of buying an amp and spending the time to set it up and it doesn't sound any different than what I have now. SUPPOSEDLY I might get the Rhino back tomorrow. :eek::thumbsup:D

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
That is just mean!!! :swear You know I don't have my Rhino here to measure. :skull

I'm afraid of buying an amp and spending the time to set it up and it doesn't sound any different than what I have now. SUPPOSEDLY I might get the Rhino back tomorrow. :eek::thumbsup:D

Pick up my doors if their done. LOL!!!!:skull
________
BUY GRINDERS

Last edited:

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score

Even a cheap shitty amp will give you a noticeable increase in volume.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
You want some bad news? You may be getting a call from blondie. I told her to call you cause I didn't want to break the bad news to you. :skull:skull

she sent me an email...

No biggie

You don't honestly think that effects my pay check do you;):)

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
she sent me an email...

No biggie

You don't honestly think that effects my pay check do you;):)

LOL! No. I put it off for a while just in case. She is getting a pretty good deal on my policy now though. :smackhead:smackhead
________
Chrysler phaeton

Last edited:

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
LOL! No. I put it off for a while just in case. She is getting a pretty good deal on my policy now though. :smackhead:smackhead

No biggie.

I am straight salary and I only do friends policies to help out friends. :thumbsup

She is probably close to 350.00 every 6mo with you because the multi car/ homeowners discount.:beer

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
No biggie.

I am straight salary and I only do friends policies to help out friends. :thumbsup

She is probably close to 350.00 every 6mo with you because the multi car/ homeowners discount.:beer

$540 for the year.
________
HOT BOX VAPE

Last edited:

Ivan Dan

Reaction score

Welcome to married life my friend!!! :lmao Time to switch all your insurance over to Calstate and support a brotha. :beer

Ivan Dan

Reaction score

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
Thats a good one! :lmao

Noticeable enough to justitfy the $$ and effort? Or barely?

How's it coming? At the powder coater like DJ's doors? :lmao:thumbsup

LOL!!!!! I think I'm actually gonna get them. Even though they are the pro-ones I just want them so I can be done with it. Not that theres any rush since all my trips are getting cancelled
________
WEED

Last edited:

Ivan Dan

Reaction score
LOL!!!!! I think I'm actually gonna get them. Even though they are the pro-ones I just want them so I can be done with it. Not that theres any rush since all my trips are getting cancelled

Book a damn hotel room with all that money you are saving by renting the house out. :D