WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

I've always wondered

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Do you truly enjoy the taste of beer?
You'd think I would considering my german heritage but beer just ain't a flavor I crave. I will have a few but it isn't my first option.
For me Vodka has been my go-to the past 10+yrs. with a varied list of mixers. Unlike beer, I don't get that bloated feeling with Vodka.
What and why do you enjoy your drink of choice?

riverroyal

Reaction score
Im that guy that hates IPAs. I do like sours and wheats.
Yesterday i mixed it up and had tequila palomas, much better tasting than any beer.
Also broke out a expensive bottle of bourbon. Tasted good, but not great. I dont have the expertise to know whats good about a $50 bottle or $150 bottle.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Beer? Hell no. I can deal with ICE cold Corona's on a hot day, but that's about it.

While making dinner? Berringers White Zinfandel.

After dinner? Jack Daniels Single Barrel or Patron XO.

Coffee time? Kailua or Bailey's.

Anytime? Rum!!! Dark? Light? Love it all. Capt. Jack Sparrow knows his alcohol. 👍

lakemadness

Grobe Bruste Bitte
Reaction score
90% of the time- Tequila, topo Chico, lime and jalapeño. If I’m lazy just tequila and soda. Don’t really ever have hangovers from that combo.

vodka soda once in while. Bourbon on the rocks. Maybe some red wine. Beer once in a while. Don’t like that bloated feeling you get form it though.

bonesfab

Reaction score
Tito’s for me please. Never been a beer person.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
Do you truly enjoy the taste of beer?
You'd think I would considering my german heritage but beer just ain't a flavor I crave. I will have a few but it isn't my first option.
For me Vodka has been my go-to the past 10+yrs. with a varied list of mixers. Unlike beer, I don't get that bloated feeling with Vodka.
What and why do you enjoy your drink of choice?
Same here. Although an ice cold bud light after doing yard work on a hot day is nice. I also drink Claws.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
A lite beer is refreshing on the river in the heat.

However a Vodka/lemonade or Vodka/Pink Drink or Faderade is refreshing as well.

YeahYeah01

Reaction score
Definitely like beer. It grew on me over the years. My regular is Coors light. But I like a
bunch of others as well. medium hopped IPAs, Hazy ipa, sours, are great to. I enjoy hitting brewerys and getting flights.

I drink some mixed drinks now and then but I can't do whiskey, vodka or any hard alcohol straight up for the most part. Not a big shot guy either.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
ICE COLD BEER is great on a hot day. Excellent beers from the tap are tasty. And when in Germany, beer is divine (the food, not so great)

Otherwise, a good red wine and vodka with flavored seltzer is the best

wallnutz

Reaction score
I like Ice Black Cherry and Tito’s as a refreshing drink.

But can down many beers. Corona Premier is the flavor these days.

Attachments

• C710629D-A5D8-4867-955C-A513E3620F92.jpeg
    C710629D-A5D8-4867-955C-A513E3620F92.jpeg
    69.3 KB · Views: 37
Reactions: DLC

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
90% of the time- Tequila, topo Chico, lime and jalapeño. If I’m lazy just tequila and soda. Don’t really ever have hangovers from that combo.

vodka soda once in while. Bourbon on the rocks. Maybe some red wine. Beer once in a while. Don’t like that bloated feeling you get form it though.

Gonna have to try the tequila & topi Chico. Usually a vodka & / tonic / cranberry / pick a lemon aide. Been doing the vodka & Trader Joe’s. Watermelon and cucumber aide lately .
Can only have a few beers and they aren’t refreshing anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Vodka, soda, lime.
Vodka, sugarfree gingerbeer, lime(MM)
Vodka, (name your flavor selzer)
Vodka, soda, Mio(or equiv)
Vodka, RedBull(sugarfree)
Vodka, RockStar(sugarfeee)

nowski

Reaction score
Seriously??? Beck's N/A and St. Pauli Girl N/A are the best...

bowtiejunkie

Reaction score
I’m a beer guy. Chasing after the finest craft brews. Porter, Stout, Brown, Red, Pale Ale, and IPA (but not the latest fruity trend). The latter is really ruining the selection at stores as it’s 80% fruity IPA of craft brews. Sucks.

An ice cold lager while working outside or boating is refreshing.

Jack and Coke with the wife is fun too 😁

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
Vodka, soda, lime.

Dude. You have a potato juice complex. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mash on it

Beyond Hell Crew
Reaction score
Vodka, soda, lime.

Have you tried Orange Blossom Vodka? No mixer needed.

1627856754232323542135476897115.jpg

Dan'l

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I love beer, pretty much all of them except sours. Hazy DIPA is my current fave and I enjoy trying them from all different microbreweries.

Miller Lite for regular drinking beer. The Michelob Ultra cactus lime is delish too.

Love a good Paloma or marg too. Vodka is good, but not something I consistently reach for.

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
It all depends on what ambiance you’re around and what the end game is. Me personally, I get burnt out real quick drinking the same shit over and over.

When it comes to beer, I’d rather drink a mediocre ipa like space dust than any of the other piss water beers readily available. To me, it is about the flavor and have found myself throwing back porters, stouts and ambers lately. This morning I cracked open a Belching Beaver Peanut Butter Milk Stout for breakfast and that shit was delicious. Last week, we went up to Newbury Park to visit some friends and ate at Tarantula Hill Brewing Co. Their hazys, specifically the Liquid Candy, was by far some of the best hazy selections I’ve ever had. Their kombucha seltzer’s were surprisingly delicious also.

I don’t consider myself a beer snob by any means, but I do appreciate a well crafted beer made by local breweries.

cofooter

Reaction score
Well, you can't drink Vodka all day, at least I can't, soooo....it Coors light and water til about 5PM, then Vodka/grapefruit/tonic til I jacknife into bed at 9!!! HAHA

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
Don’t drink much beer anymore Vodka rocks and a lime ,Gray Goose or Stoli

DWC

Reaction score
Coors light, draft, bottle and can is my go to.
Glass of wine or 3 if we’re having a nice dinner.

bilz

Newly Retired!😁
Reaction score
Bacardi (clear) and diet coke. Been that way for at least 10 years. Rarely a hangover. If I can get caffeine free DC then I get to sleep just like a beer drinker passes out.

2Driver

Reaction score
I love beer, pretty much all of them except sours. Hazy DIPA is my current fave and I enjoy trying them from all different microbreweries.

Miller Lite for regular drinking beer. The Michelob Ultra cactus lime is delish too.

Love a good Paloma or marg too. Vodka is good, but not something I consistently reach for.

Ever get down a Dogfish 120?

My one and only was at Brians BBQ here in town. lol they asked at the register I had someone who would be driving me home.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
I like the taste of beer...pretty much any beer except stout/porter. I've lost my love for heavy beer like IPA's except for maybe one or two out to lunch/dinner or something.

Miller Lt and Rainier are my go to beers...that and black cherry white claws lol.

I'll take a Tito's and tonic though over anything else with few exceptions.

YeahYeah01

Reaction score
I like the taste of beer...pretty much any beer except stout/porter. I've lost my love for heavy beer like IPA's except for maybe one or two out to lunch/dinner or something.

Miller Lt and Rainier are my go to beers...that and black cherry white claws lol.

I'll take a Tito's and tonic though over anything else with few exceptions.

Definitely agree. 1 or 2 of the heavy beers is all want. Plus they are sometimes 8% to 9% lol.

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
I'm a huge fan of heavy 8-10% alcohol iPas. That said I'm realizing beer comes with a price and in not loving my gut right now. We are getting a rowing machine and I'm switching to vodka soda for awhile. Love a good Mai Tai ala Billy's in Newport a good glass of wine or a good rye on the rocks

HTTP404

New But Seasoned Inmate #2002
Reaction score
I can't stand IPAs. Love super cold Coronas.

Vodka with V8 splash tropical blend and soda water is my current goto.

Rondog4405

Reaction score
Coors light all day long.. but after a weekend of 20-30 of them ..like this weekend I gotta switch it up. Burned out on it. Ice cold corona with a lime hits the spot. Or a nice Michelangelo will do it.

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ever get down a Dogfish 120?

My one and only was at Brians BBQ here in town. lol they asked at the register I had someone who would be driving me home.

I've heard of that, but never had one. Did it taste good or just super strong.

DirtyWhiteDog

Reaction score
I also drink Coors Light, because it kinda tastes like beer, and the old lady hates when I drink Jameson 12oz at a time.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
Have you tried Truleys?
Yes and I think the Claws are much better, specifically black cherry.
Tried the bud light seltzers this weekend🤮🤮

2Driver

Reaction score
I've heard of that, but never had one. Did it taste good or just super strong.

You sip it in a brady glass a little at a time. A liitle harsh like half beer half whiskey.

They are $10 a bottle. try it once

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
If I drink beer, its Miller Light.

We are huge intricate cocktail fans. Meaning cocktails that involve multiple ingredients and lots of prep. Mostly tiki rum based drinks. We have a bar with probably more mixers and high end rums than most large bars.

Last edited:

DB / HAV

Reaction score
I love it all depending on the situation…but beer, a super cool place to hang in chino hills is Luchador. And another cool place to hang in Havasu is Smiths! Lol!!! I love beer & Tito’s & tonic Cheers!

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Yes and I think the Claws are much better, specifically black cherry.
Tried the bud light seltzers this weekend🤮🤮

The new ones (retro summer) are good....but other than that the bud light ones suck except strawberry when you can find it.

Nanu/Nanu

Don't wait til' life's easy to be happy
Reaction score
Who has two thumbs and loves the shit out of beer? This guy!! I like them all, but those crappy tasting IPAs and coronas. I like cocktails to but beer is my favorite.

RodnJen

Reaction score
Yes, I like the taste of beer. Not all of them but I enjoy different beer in different settings.

cakemoto

Reaction score
Anyone know where to get Santa Fe 7k in the sfv?