WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Jack Dainels is a wonderful thing.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Copy that...

67150.jpeg

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Back in the good old days when I was in my early 30s. The Friday night routine was dinner with the wife and son. They would go to bed and I would wash our truck and put it away for the weekend. When I started the washing I’d pour me a nice drink in a 32oz tumbler full of ice, jack a splash of coke. On good nights I’s have a second round and wax the truck as well.

These days I prefer Knob Creek, Makers or Jameson.

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
...Wish alcohol worked for me theses days ...there was a point in time quite a while ago when I had a lot of fun with alcohol...👍...might help if there was somebody in my area that was fun to drink with but currently there is not... and over the last few months I’ve had to not answer quite a number of drunk dials from old friends...some two in the afternoon...lol...

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
HOT DAMN!

Tastes so good when it hits ur lips!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
I trty to limit distilled spirits to a winter only treat. My bottle tonight had dust on it.
My favorite is the Single Barrel. In the Official Jack Daniels Whiskey glass, 3 fingers, with an ice cube for each.
I have poured a couple of them tonight after an unfun day.
Whoops, I lied. Just poured 3rd.
Will sleep well tonight even if my back hurts like a mofo.
The elixir in that bottle is special indeed.

Old No.7 is fine for general duty, but the Single Barrel is worth the scratch, IMHO. I get a bottle for Christmas every year.
The Gentleman Jack is good as well, I sometimes will splash some in my coffee on a cold winter morn.

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
I trty to limit distilled spirits to a winter only treat. My bottle tonight had dust on it.
My favorite is the Single Barrel. In the Official Jack Daniels Whiskey glass, 3 fingers, with an ice cube for each.

Old No.7 is fine for general duty, but the Single Barrel is worth the scratch, IMHO. I get a bottle for Christmas every year.
The Gentleman Jack is good as well, I sometimes will splash some in my coffee on a cold winter morn.

On my third round as well

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

20201121_222258.jpg

Jimmyv

Reaction score
Jack Daniels has been my go-to for most my life! Not drinking right now due to health, but have no doubt I’ll be back to that bottle in time!

At the River or camping we drink Jack and Dr Pepper - Dr Daniels!

Anybody here familiar with the Tennessee Squires?

PlumLoco

Vintage Jawa CZ motorcycles
Reaction score
Jack and diet cherry Pepsi is even better than that. Found it trying to cut calories. But you do have to pour slowly to keep the carbonation.
Too goooood.

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
JD and Cherry Dr Pepper
JD and Cherry Kool Aid....old skool
JD and Squirt
Yea man..😁

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
Gone from ordering “jack and coke”
to “jack with splash of coke”
to “jack with small splash of coke, by the way I’m allergic to coke”

Anyone had the Sinatra Select?

IMG_1583.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RichL

Reaction score
Jack Daniels has been my go-to for most my life! Not drinking right now due to health, but have no doubt I’ll be back to that bottle in time!

At the River or camping we drink Jack and Dr Pepper - Dr Daniels!

Anybody here familiar with the Tennessee Squires?
Started drinking it in '74 when I was tending bar.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
8F98AAC8-5476-4E18-AF93-DA915F09C9FC.jpeg
9742522E-3B34-4800-9834-F322CFF56645.jpeg
83945A74-78E7-45DB-9479-36296DD7B1AB.jpeg

Being that Bomb school (HDS) is 40 minutes from JD , you become a fan. First bottle was opened this year for my wedding (from 09’)
Second was a bottle made from my Den Sergeant I continue to refill, third is the Bomb Tech Memorial at HDS. Single barrel from 09’ I’ll break open the day I retire.

JD has been with me through a lot. Helps I married a whiskey girl.

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Use to kill of off a bottle of Jack every Saturday night...
Now it has to be an exceptionally piss poor day, and I'll have a Jack&Coke. Usually when my neck is trashed or back is arguing with me...not much of a social drinker, but been told I'm friendlier when drinking. Maybe I need to drink more?

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
When I drink, which is rare, it's JD and Coke/rootbeer/Dr. Pepper or a whiskey sour.

I think I'm going to need a few at the inlaws this week.

Sandlord

Reaction score
Coke is not good for you.
Jack and club soda for me.

Jimmyv

Reaction score
‘Lemme get a Jack n Coke
Ahh, make that a Double
Err, hold the Coke

‘So you want a Pint glass of whisky?!

‘Yup

-

H20 Toie

Party on Garth
Reaction score
You guys know that i'm out for a while right?

Someone needs to step up their game, pass the torch so to speak or at least give us some entertainment until i recover.

Very sad a Jack Daniel's thread and all completely readable

party on Garth

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score
Wow, an In N Out thread, and a Jack Daniel's thread, two in a day I get to be an "expert" in. Sinatra select is awesome, but my recent loves are the Single barrel rye, and the Single Barrel Barrel Proof, they are great. Now, before any whiskey snobs get too heated, I of course love a wide variety of bourbons, ryes, and whiskies, and have a collection of those as well, and not saying Jack is better than or any of that. My cocktail of choice will always be a Jack n Coke, I love it, and their other offerings are great sippers. Anyone ever in the Brea area is welcome to drop in and sample. A few recent acquisitions missing from the Jack Wall, but you get the idea.
bar2020.jpg

RichL

Reaction score
My preference is with a splash of water. Sipping some right now trying to take the edge off a nagging back issue.

SOD

Reaction score
It might be the white claw of whiskey, but a handle of Tennessee Honey only lasts a couple weeks in my freezer.

Jimmyv

Reaction score
In related Jack news,

Jack Daniel’s Single Barrel Special Release: Barrel Proof Rye

We have some good news for our Squire friends in the US. Jack Daniel’s Single Barrel will be offering another limited edition barreling this November, Barrel Proof Rye.

Our 2020 special release honors the history of American whiskey which was often high in rye content and offered at barrel strength. Maturing at the highest reaches of our barrelhouses, Barrel Proof Rye delivers a deep copper hue with a nose that opens to an aroma full of smoke and raisin. And because this special release is charcoal-mellowed and matured in new, white oak barrels, Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Single Barrel Rye Jack Daniel’s character and smooth finish. Each sip lingers with molasses, sawn oak, and bold rye spice.

Attachments

• 543C6F83-432E-4943-84BE-EC5564D920F4.png
    543C6F83-432E-4943-84BE-EC5564D920F4.png
    526 KB · Views: 43

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
Meeting up with an old friend Jose tonight.

Sherpa

Reaction score
Crown Peach and Coke Zero.........

I buy my peaches by the dozen!

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score
In related Jack news,

Jack Daniel’s Single Barrel Special Release: Barrel Proof Rye

We have some good news for our Squire friends in the US. Jack Daniel’s Single Barrel will be offering another limited edition barreling this November, Barrel Proof Rye.

Our 2020 special release honors the history of American whiskey which was often high in rye content and offered at barrel strength. Maturing at the highest reaches of our barrelhouses, Barrel Proof Rye delivers a deep copper hue with a nose that opens to an aroma full of smoke and raisin. And because this special release is charcoal-mellowed and matured in new, white oak barrels, Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Single Barrel Rye Jack Daniel’s character and smooth finish. Each sip lingers with molasses, sawn oak, and bold rye spice.

I have been waiting for this, I love high proof and have really been enjoying the Rye anyway the past couple years. If anyone spots on the shelves, please reply to this thread an let me know where, especially OC area. I am hoping its a wide release, unlike the Eric Church which was quite the effort to get and ran out in a day everywhere.

Jimmyv

Reaction score
I have been waiting for this, I love high proof and have really been enjoying the Rye anyway the past couple years. If anyone spots on the shelves, please reply to this thread an let me know where, especially OC area. I am hoping its a wide release, unlike the Eric Church which was quite the effort to get and ran out in a day everywhere.
Looking for it myself, so I’ll let you know if I find it. Also looking for JD Winter Jack, just to try it. It’s hard enough to find their limited releases in SoCal, and then the frustration of knowing there are whole other premium JD offerings only available on the international market. I want to try it all!

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score
Looking for it myself, so I’ll let you know if I find it. Also looking for JD Winter Jack, just to try it. It’s hard enough to find their limited releases in SoCal, and then the frustration of knowing there are whole other premium JD offerings only available on the international market. I want to try it all!

Hey Jimmy,
Winter Jack pops up on the shelves this time of year, I will keep my eyes peeled, I have my two bottles that were hand carried from New Jersey years ago before they were released in more than the 8 trial states. Same thing for Tennessee fire, those were brought back to me from Tennessee itself. Internationally, I hand carried No.27 Gold from Shanghai and was very proud of it, then many years later I see it on the shelves in Total Wine, a total dick punch. It was my one international only in the collection. The 2012 London Olympics bottle and set is my holy grail, was only available internationally that year and I never got a hold of it. Some of my master distillers are from Heathrow Duty Free as they seemed to release their first.

According to their website, my Brea Total Wine has the Winter Jack Tennessee Cider currently in stock 👍

Jimmyv

Reaction score
Hey Jimmy,
Winter Jack pops up on the shelves this time of year, I will keep my eyes peeled, I have my two bottles that were hand carried from New Jersey years ago before they were released in more than the 8 trial states. Same thing for Tennessee fire, those were brought back to me from Tennessee itself. Internationally, I hand carried No.27 Gold from Shanghai and was very proud of it, then many years later I see it on the shelves in Total Wine, a total dick punch. It was my one international only in the collection. The 2012 London Olympics bottle and set is my holy grail, was only available internationally that year and I never got a hold of it. Some of my master distillers are from Heathrow Duty Free as they seemed to release their first.

According to their website, my Brea Total Wine has the Winter Jack Tennessee Cider currently in stock 👍
Winter Jack, 👍Thank you sir!
I too had a bottle of 27 Gold, gift from Hong Kong some years ago. One of my favorites, but definitely tastes less special after jumping through hoops to get it only to see it available places later!!

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

I found the bottle I have at Total Wine. Maybe give them a call.