WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Jack Daniels BBQ Sauce recipe

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Jack Daniels BBQ sauce appeared on the grocery shelves in several versions. We didn't care for any of them. Fridays Restaurants had a Jack Daniels sauce that was way different than the grocery store versions. A fantastic sauce.

Then just one Jack Daniels sauce appeared on the grocery shelf. The other versions vanished from the grocery shelf but the latest was spot-on like the Fridays version.
That's the flavor I went for.

My kids are crazy about that version as are my friends.

If I bought a case of Jack Daniels sauce from COSTCO it was around $3 per 19.5 oz bottle and an additional 4% off with my COSTCO Citi bank card.

Not available at this time so I want to brew my own. You can buy it online from Jack at a reasonable price last I checked but still more than what it went for at COSTCO and you have severe shipping charges especially for a full case.

I Googled and read several Jack Daniels "copycat" recipes of the internet and also took the ingredients off the Jack Daniels BBQ sauce bottle.

Most the online bootleg recipes were as usual, way, way off. Most not all, some were kinda close.
Ridiculous really. I tried brewing my own amazing but very expensive Bone Suckin' Sauce. None of the copycat recipes were anything near. It was an eye opener how bogus and ridiculous theses copycat recipes usually are.

Not saying this is spot on but this is as close as I've come so far. Family and friends love it:

1/2 Cup Jack Daniels.
2 TBLspns granulated onion powder.

8 Teaspns granulated garlic

Large Heinz ketchup bottle or 4 cups.

1 1/2 cup unsulfured molasses.

1 1/4 cup packed DARK brown sugar,

2/3 cup apple cider vinegar

6 TBLspns Worcester sauce (or however its spelled)

3 TEAspns Kosher salt

1 1/2 TEAspn coarse ground pepper

2 TEAspns liquid smoke

1/4 cup pineapple juice. No more than that is essential. It's a strong presence otherwise.

1 tablespoon mustard

3 inch line of anchovy paste (optional but amazing)

4 TBLspns Tamarind paste or puree (most important ingredient of all) Available at Whole Foods or Slurpie Indian delis.

1 can tomato paste (those small cans)

2 tsp Tabasco or Franks Red Hot sauce, more or less

Mix and gently bring to an easy boil continuously stirring until a foam appears on top, then reduce heat and low simmer for another 20 minutes. The foam means you can thus refrigerate it for a long spell.