WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Jackson Hole Trip

shunter2005

Reaction score
Heading to Jackson Hole in two weeks. We know about the obvious things to do (gondola, river float, atv), but anybody been there and know any cool things to do and good spots to feed? How about renting a boat on Palisades Reservoir just for some cruising around time?

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
I'm going to watch this thread. We went to Yellowstone many years ago and didn't get to Jackson Hole. Is on my bucket list.

JD D05

Reaction score
1598483994356.png

JD D05

Reaction score
I would drive through Wyoming to get there. Basically over to Evanston than up through Afton, Thayne, and Alpine. I drive this a lot to go snowmobiling up there.

One2go

Reaction score
Nice hike to waterfalls at Jennie lake. Or they have a boat that goes. Hikes about 4 miles each way

shunter2005

Reaction score
I'm going to watch this thread. We went to Yellowstone many years ago and didn't get to Jackson Hole. Is on my bucket list.
Hey RR... I was told today that Yellowstone is on fire now, so don't know if we will get a chance to go up there. Will check when it gets closer.

CarolynandBob

Reaction score
We white water rafted down the snake river when we were there. Had a blast and saw some wild life along the way. Water was chilly.

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
There's a beautiful golf course there, you can play a round of golf.

575cat

Reaction score
Be ready it is very busy out there , was around there a couple weeks ago got part way into the park and had to get out too much traffic .

toyaddiction

Reaction score
We are going in mid October. 4 days in Grand Teton and 5 days in West Yellowstone. Is it worth it to take the Jeep or drive something more comfortable. I was hoping we could do some trails. Sucks driving that thing on the highway.

I am hoping it wont be as crowded.

Singleton

Reaction score
Great place to snowboard. Have been in February and June.
Prefer February.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
If you are able to get into Yellowstone, makes sure to check out Yellowstone Lake. Its 30 miles end to end. The view is absolutely amazing.

jones performance

Reaction score
Be sure to hit the Million Dollar Cowboy Bar in Jackson. Way cool.

i was there 2 weeks ago. cool place. its nothing spectacular though in my opinion.

jackson hole is a typical tourist trap right outside of a national park. it was super busy and parking was a bitch to find, good luck if your in a big vehicle. they currently have mask mandate which i ignored and wasnt given any flack for thankfully. the grand tetons were awesome though, i plan oin returning and spending more time there in the future if/when things open back up fully. FYI the national park refused to take cash for entry in thto the park and at the gift shop.

Icky

Reaction score
Hey RR... I was told today that Yellowstone is on fire now, so don't know if we will get a chance to go up there. Will check when it gets closer.
Dammit that might kill our day trip from St Anthony's over to Yellowstone