WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Jailbraking a cell phone?

Buggydave

Reaction score
Anyone have any good ideas, websites, places in Phoenix East valley?
Here is my dilemma. I picked up a phone last weekend from a friend of a friend who got it for her teenage kid like 2 months ago. She paid cash for the phone and was on a month to month plan (MetroPCS) for almost 3 months and her kid decided she wanted a new iPhone so she ended up going to Sprint with a new iPhone on a contract plan. So, she wanted to sell this phone quick as she was moving to cali and just wanted some gas money. She paid like $130 for the phone new less than 3 months ago, I got it for $40. I asked her about getting it unlocked so she called MetroPCS and they said I just needed to bring it in to a store with her info and they would unlock it. well, I went yesterday, and they are saying the phone has to be active with them for at least 6 months before it can be unlocked, even though she paid cash for it up front! I tell the guy that's BS and he says its policy to go online and find a website that will do it. I checked last night and found a lot of sites that charge anywhere from $10-$50 to do it, but NO guarantees and I searched some of the sites and found out some are scams anyway, they just take your money! So, anyone have any ideas? I am not in a hurry for a phone, I have a new one, this phone was going to be for my 72yo mom that has a 13 year old flip phone that is going to die soon, and she maybe uses her cell a couple times a week. Anyway, thanks in advance.