WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Jason... The cat, the killer, the bodybuilder

rrrr

Reaction score
We got a male orange tabby kitten about 18 months ago. I missed BOC, and male orange tabbys are almost always entertaining. We named him Zoom, he hauls ass everywhere he goes. He also bugs the hell out of our two other cats. They'll be sleeping, and he takes a running jump and lands on top of them. The commotion it causes is damn funny.

IMG_20201201_011013573.jpg

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
We got a male orange tabby kitten about 18 months ago. I missed BOC, and male orange tabbys are almost always entertaining. We named him Zoom, he hauls ass everywhere he goes. He also bugs the hell out of our two other cats. They'll be sleeping, and he takes a running jump and lands on top of them. The commotion it causes is damn funny.

View attachment 976337

He looks like our Jeggy cat did.
Is his tail ringed?

jadenchick

Reaction score
I’ve heard orange tabby’s are crazy fun. Lol I lost Chloe Jan 2 and it’s been so hard and sad. She traveled with us to Havasu all the time and loved the car and her Havasu house.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Awesome! Another update. Glad he’s still here. Is he friendly?

Will he let you pet him now days?

He doesn’t like to be pet. He’ll lay at your feet but the minute you try to pet him he’ll retract all awkward and pissed.

You can take the cat out of the streets but you can’t take the streets out of the cat. He just wants to be left alone.

Gelcoater

Reaction score

View attachment 976337
That looks just like the one that decided of all the houses in this area, mine, that smells like dogs is the one to take a nap in. Dumb ass, lol.

00E0D664-BE07-4867-918C-C5ADFE89CB50.jpeg
This one clamped onto its shoulder but the orange head managed to wiggle out of it and took off towards the fence.
Was cut off by Mr Man.
EE68D192-3AAE-4CE4-9377-5716DCF15DBF.jpeg

So he hooked right, up a 3 foot retaining wall then up over a 6 foot fence.
He got lucky. And haven’t seen him around since.
I think he figured out there are more peaceful places to nap. 😂

Water Romper

Reaction score
Sooo, your putting through the channel, as-wipe on shore hits you with a water canon, little does as-wipe no you got a "hit cat" on board, you throw Jason at as wipe, open another beer, call it good. Cops will come if you send a dog, but cops see Mr. psycho Jason licking his paws after he shreds aswipe to pieces, No one wants to arrest the guy who owns a cute lil kitty

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
He sounds semi-feral or he just hates people LOL. Glad he’s doing good. I like his little fang. How old does you think he is?

I moved into this house in 2004 and he was pretty young when he walked into my garage as I was moving in. At a minimum he’s 16 or 17.

He has the same size fang on both sides of his mouth. He looks evil with both hanging out of his mouth when viewed at the right angle.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
This thread reminded me of ty... we miss that guy. He got caught up in our neighbors electric fence. Super shitty deal. We have a new black cat and he is almost exactly like ty. Something about black cats

jadenchick

Reaction score
Well he’s healthy!!!! I love the Jason updates. Do you think he would let a female pet him or he’s just like nope to everyone?

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
Wont have "indoor" cats and outdoors lthey ive at thier own peril . Because we live in the country the Coyotes eventually get them , there is a "animal shelter /cat rescue" a bout a mile away over my back pasture as the crow flies , Years ago folks would drop off their unwanted cats in the nite and as one might imagine the yowling attracted "Wiley" , The coyotes would trot past the front of the house and thru the back pasture to grub on pussy , watching this over a period of time I kept my 870 at the back door , finally when the Coyote showed up in front I stepped out the back and whacked her with a round of 00 Buck ....

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Can't believe I missed this great thread last 8 years.... just got caught up..... rivrrts429 you crack me up, great writing skills.....
We were always a dog family till one day in Va we also inherited one tough sumbitch feral cat.... Jason is a stud... glad he's survived .... my dad used to say, "Boy you never own a cat and they're never domesticated like dogs. You let a dog loose in a city, its dead in a week... a cat is thriving"

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Well he’s healthy!!!! I love the Jason updates. Do you think he would let a female pet him or he’s just like nope to everyone?

My 12 year old daughter pets him all the time. Me not so much. He tolerates her for a few seconds then turns and flips her off with his asshole haha.

I won’t feed him domesticated cat food. He either hunts dinner or finds a scrap laying around. I think that keeps him somewhere between being an African Plains lion and neighborhood cat.

Hopefully I can get a video of him catching a squirrel. It’s like watching a battle in the Roman ring in the movie Gladiator, it’s loud and aggressive. Only thing he leaves behind are their tails. He eats the whole damn thing pretty much.

Htwolow

Reaction score
Omg that cat is yoked up lol! Be careful, you may wake up with your other cat's severed head on your pillow one day.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
@JUSTWANNARACE mentioned Jason in the RUFF thread so I thought I’d post an update on the lion of the neighborhood.

He’s slowed way down. He’s had some scares where I thought he wouldn’t have a week to live. Then he disappears for a few days and is back way better.

I hadn’t seen him in a few days when @JUSTWANNARACE reminded me. Like clockwork and he knew we were talking about him I spot him laying in my backyard this morning.

He still has his two fangs and still doesn’t eat cat food. Still hunts his own food lol

72BAF109-42B3-4622-82FD-FC140CC70981.jpeg

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
@JUSTWANNARACE mentioned Jason in the RUFF thread so I thought I’d post an update on the lion of the neighborhood.

He’s slowed way down. He’s had some scares where I thought he wouldn’t have a week to live. Then he disappears for a few days and is back way better.

I hadn’t seen him in a few days when @JUSTWANNARACE reminded me. Like clockwork and he knew we were talking about him I spot him laying in my backyard this morning.

He still has his two fangs and still doesn’t eat cat food. Still hunts his own food lol

View attachment 1068284

That is crazy that he showed up this morning! Awesome for sure!!

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
That is crazy that he showed up this morning! Awesome for sure!!

He heard us telepathically lol

Most unique cat I’ve ever been around. When he passes I’m going to the shelter and picking one up that is the most wild out of control ranch cat that prefers fresh kill and not kibbles to eat. They’re just better ranch animals in every way.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
He heard us telepathically lol

Most unique cat I’ve ever been around. When he passes I’m going to the shelter and picking one up that is the most wild out of control ranch cat that prefers fresh kill and not kibbles to eat. They’re just better ranch animals in every way.
They really are.
Ozzy was our Jason, but not at the same level! Lol
Still he was the baddest cat I’ve ever seen.
Sick bastard always ate his kills ass end first.
He once killed a gopher the size of a football.
Sick fuck left the front half laying in the yard for a day or so before finishing it off.
He killed his “brother” because Debbie petted him. First he ran him off then killed him when he came back for food. When we got 2 young cats for back up we were afraid he might just kill them, but he was sort of nonchalant about them. He’d just swat them now and again. They actually learned to survive ranch life by following him around.
I never saw him kill a dog, but I did see him destroy 2 English bull dogs that wouldn’t leave him alone. They could not escape fast enough. They both got stitches all over thelr faces when he was done.

The only cat I’ve ever seen that might have been able to take him was an old girlfriends cat that was just mean as hell. Just a big nasty short hair that was totally unmanageable.
Dawson was his name.

Ozzy
AC34327F-A9B1-469F-9773-5E41353A4F9B.jpeg
74D70774-561E-4D47-9843-0FE8AEEA4803.jpeg
68B1A90F-D21F-4259-A99B-0D7169C3E8A8.jpeg
03D0667B-49F7-4CD4-AF2B-22A547F6D1DD.jpeg

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
They really are.
Ozzy was our Jason, but not at the same level! Lol
Still he was the baddest cat I’ve ever seen.
Sick bastard always ate his kills ass end first.
He once killed a gopher the size of a football.
Sick fuck left the front half laying in the yard for a day or so before finishing it off.
He killed his “brother” because Debbie petted him. First he ran him off then killed him when he came back for food. When we got 2 young cats for back up we were afraid he might just kill them, but he was sort of nonchalant about them. He’d just swat them now and again. They actually learned to survive ranch life by following him around.
I never saw him kill a dog, but I did see him destroy 2 English bull dogs that wouldn’t leave him alone. They could not escape fast enough. They both got stitches all over thelr faces when he was done.

The only cat I’ve ever seen that might have been able to take him was an old girlfriends cat that was just mean as hell. Just a big nasty short hair that was totally unmanageable.
Dawson was his name.

Ozzy
View attachment 1068322 View attachment 1068323 View attachment 1068324 View attachment 1068325

That’s a bad ass cat! Those are the kind of cats us dudes can brag about and love lol

When you get a cat like that you can truly see the “cat” that is rooted in their DNA, like dogs and wolves.

I still hate house cats like my daughters cat. It’s a dopey purring cuddly thing. My daughter to this day is still afraid of Jason. She says he side eyes her 😂

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
That’s a bad ass cat! Those are the kind of cats us dudes can brag about and love lol

When you get a cat like that you can truly see the “cat” that is rooted in their DNA, like dogs and wolves.

I still hate house cats like my daughters cat. It’s a dopey purring cuddly thing. My daughter to this day is still afraid of Jason. She says he side eyes her 😂
Yep.
See him looking at me?
He’s like “touch her...I dare you”

She’s the only person that could hold him like that.
When I took that picture Deb was like “come hold him, lol...”
Omg did he love her!

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Yep.
See him looking at me?
He’s like “touch her...I dare you”

She’s the only person that could hold him like that.
When I took that picture Deb was like “come hold him, lol...”
Omg did he love her!

That’s a sweet pic with Deb and the cat. Hit me in the feels bud.

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
Jason is an awesome cat! Kind of reminds me of my old cat (coincidentally named River Rat). He was half Persian and half alley cat and weighed in at 26Lbs. Team that up with the angora fur and most people thought he was small lion. He was afraid of nothing and feared by every living thing in the neighborhood.
One day him and I were sitting on the front porch and a guy that lived around the corner pulled up to the stop sign in front of the house. His dog (a 140 lb. German shepard) was riding in the back of his truck and not tethered in. The dog saw my cat and leaped out of the truck intent on doing harm. As the dog came bounding across the front lawn with teeth bared he suddenly put on the brakes because the cat was coming out to meet him halfway. with one big leap and razor sharp claws extended the cat planted his claws in the dogs jowls and swung up onto his back. From that moment on it looked like a scene from the cartoons where all you could see is a dust cloud with spinning claws poking out of it. The dog was wildly rolling around trying to get that buzz saw off it's back. Once the dog finally broke free it took off down the street yelping with the cat chasing it and swatting at his haunches.. From what I understand it took over a hundred stitches to put the dog back together.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Jason is an awesome cat! Kind of reminds me of my old cat (coincidentally named River Rat). He was half Persian and half alley cat and weighed in at 26Lbs. Team that up with the angora fur and most people thought he was small lion. He was afraid of nothing and feared by every living thing in the neighborhood.
One day him and I were sitting on the front porch and a guy that lived around the corner pulled up to the stop sign in front of the house. His dog (a 140 lb. German shepard) was riding in the back of his truck and not tethered in. The dog saw my cat and leaped out of the truck intent on doing harm. As the dog came bounding across the front lawn with teeth bared he suddenly put on the brakes because the cat was coming out to meet him halfway. with one big leap and razor sharp claws extended the cat planted his claws in the dogs jowls and swung up onto his back. From that moment on it looked like a scene from the cartoons where all you could see is a dust cloud with spinning claws poking out of it. The dog was wildly rolling around trying to get that buzz saw off it's back. Once the dog finally broke free it took off down the street yelping with the cat chasing it and swatting at his haunches.. From what I understand it took over a hundred stitches to put the dog back together.
That’s awesome!
People dont believe it till they see it.
Ozzy was like a meter long when extended and running.
When he went berserko mode it was something to see. I told my bil back then to get his English bull dogs kenneled up and he’s like “don’t worry they wont hurt him”...lol. That’s not what worried me.
He took some damage too sometimes.
Here he is with his tail stitched back on...again.
Probably a raccoon or maybe a feral.
You can see his ears are all shredded as well.
That’s normal.

F0F7B609-5BDA-4860-AEC6-5CA39B6E1977.jpeg

Last edited:

Rajobigguy

Reaction score

View attachment 1068284
Sabre toothed cat descendant.

Taboma

Reaction score

View attachment 1068284

Those two fangs are wild looking 👍 Does he allow any human contact ? I've caught a few cats on my game cams, but sadly with three coyotes that basically live in my yard and avocado grove nightly, so many others in our hood, they don't last long. One did for a couple of months, but haven't seen him in maybe 6 or 7 months now.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Those two fangs are wild looking 👍 Does he allow any human contact ? I've caught a few cats on my game cams, but sadly with three coyotes that basically live in my yard and avocado grove nightly, so many others in our hood, they don't last long. One did for a couple of months, but haven't seen him in maybe 6 or 7 months now.

He doesn’t like human touch. We live in the hills. Not much around us but coyotes. He’s lasted all these years. This cat is just different. He can throw hands like Tyson. Well... maybe not anymore but I wouldn’t try him at his age today lol

Taboma

Reaction score
He doesn’t like human touch. We live in the hills. Not much around us but coyotes. He’s lasted all these years. This cat is just different. He can throw hands like Tyson. Well... maybe not anymore but I wouldn’t try him at his age today lol

Little bad-ass has fangs like a friggin Saber Tooth Tiger 🤣 Hell, even our local Bobcats aren't sportin his smile. :oops:
One oddity in regards to his long life and apparently good fortune in the wild, is his light coloration. Usually light colored, especially white cats, don't survive as ferals long in the wild, so easily seen at night and picked off by owls.
I wish I had one like him around, I wouldn't have to be buying $ 99 Victor Outdoor Rat Zappers

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score

View attachment 1068284
I went back to your original post/ pic.... its been 9 years! Yup, he's an older stud now..... leaned out like cats do in last years.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Jason hasn’t been doing very well the last few weeks. Some days okay and other days terrible. It’s old age, not a sickness so I chose nature to work it out.

This morning Jason was at my back door and had passed away sometime in the night.

RIP you crazy lion. You were a once in a lifetime feline, for me and my family anyways 😢

42F36025-5466-4D72-8A22-24AAE28956D1.jpeg
1170DC2A-4FFD-4C1F-9B4E-FB325FBD994A.jpeg

509C35CF-09C0-4492-8028-4CAD7306C98F.jpeg

Attachments

• 82591668-C629-4FF5-93DA-913973D72BEE.jpeg
    82591668-C629-4FF5-93DA-913973D72BEE.jpeg
    602.6 KB · Views: 16

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
:(.

He came home to pass on

RIP

That’s what we said. We’re burying him on the property & having a little plaque/tombstone deal made for him. This was home to him and will remain that way forever.

My kids have had plenty of Cats. I didn’t care for them. This one was definitely different. Was pretty cool how he & I’s relationship unfolded.

warpt71

Lower River Lover
Reaction score
Damnit I picked a fine day to find this thread...........RIP Jason

I have one old dude that found me. Probably close to 10 years ago now. Ive watched him eat a whole rat, he use to fight raccoons in the creek and bring me home poison oak. He disappeared for a month and a half, turns out he was picked up by a cat lady after following me out to my truck. He seemingly freaked out when some foster kids left my house after 6 months and almost died, I got him to the vet and signed him over cause I couldnt afford the surgery. Amazingly, we broke him out of that vet, borrowed some money and got him into another vet, he recovered just fine! He now gets a can of wet food to share with the other 2 cats every night and the foster kids that left are back and adopted. I find him sleeping in their beds all the time. I can pick this guy up anytime I want and hold him like a baby in my arms on his back. Fuck, I dont want to loose him.

Cats can be soo fuckin cool! I hope you find another with half the personality! Its ok to be a cat person lol

brianwhiteboy

Professional Lurker
Reaction score
I know he wasn’t a grumpy cat but it’s the best I could do. I certainly enjoyed hearing his journey. Sorry for your loss!

But I look forward to hearing the stories of all the dead things Jason will be dropping on your doorstep from the other side. Jesus just might send him back down to earth after the skull cracking he’ll be doing up there. :cool:

36A6601A-B595-4EF3-B87C-06A73E0B999B.jpeg

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Animals can create quite the bond. Not always but they are capable of it if we take our time to know them.

You and Jason were providing each other something that was unsaid. Maybe he needed that place to lay his head and get a healthy meal from time to time to keep him fresh for his battles. You both knew the deal…..unspoken.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
That’s what we said. We’re burying him on the property & having a little plaque/tombstone deal made for him. This was home to him and will remain that way forever.

My kids have had plenty of Cats. I didn’t care for them. This one was definitely different. Was pretty cool how he & I’s relationship unfolded.
Great animals always return to their homes to pass.... I could tell your old stud was on final days from that last pic. they drop a lot of weight at end. he sounds like a special one.