WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Jeep hook up.

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
Mom is looking for a gladiator rubicon diesel.
Who’s the go to for Jeeps?

fmo24

Reaction score
I found the best deal at HB Jeep a couple of years ago

DLC

Reaction score
I’ll trade her a brand new gladiator for that old rusty bronco That just sits around and doesn’t get driven....

lol

weasle

Reaction score
Paul Whitehead at Orange Coast he is the fleet manager sorry don't have a number handy

Bear Down

Reaction score
I found the best deal at HB Jeep a couple of years ago
Definitely advertised price is the lowest .... but when we went there to buy... the dealer mark ups on gps, paint protection, security wipes out any advertised savings.. and to Opt out of those options cost almost as much as keeping them... $1800 for GPS on the vehicle.. $1500 to remove it.. walked out after that point..

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Kbach

Reaction score
E
Definitely advertised price is the lowest .... but when we went there to buy... the dealer mark ups on gps, paint protection, security wipes out any advertised savings.. and to Opt out of those options cost almost as much as keeping them... $1800 for GPS on the vehicle.. $1500 to remove it.. walked out after that point..

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Exactly. Fuck that place.

boatpi

Reaction score
I do not believe they are in production yet, soon. only Wrangler in diesel.

2Driver

Reaction score
I do not believe they are in production yet, soon. only Wrangler in diesel.

You can preorder.
Deals are so good on gassers I’m not sure if it makes sense unless you just want the sooter. I’m getting 6k off MSRP on a rubicon before haggling.

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
You can preorder.
Deals are so good on gassers I’m not sure if it makes sense unless you just want the sooter. I’m getting 6k off MSRP on a rubicon before haggling.

This will probably be the last new vehicle my mom buys in her lifetime, so I told her that she really needs to get exactly what she wants.

Taboma

Reaction score
This will probably be the last new vehicle my mom buys in her lifetime, so I told her that she really needs to get exactly what she wants.

Not to be casting negatives about the diesel, but if she's considering it for an around the town grocery getter there's something to consider.

My neighbor has a couple of year old Jeep Grand Cherokee with the diesel. Mostly used for short trips to shop or eat, not many freeway miles and if so relatively short.
He's being plagued by DPF (exhaust filter) problems which throws the thing into limp mode ( 40 mph). Been back to the dealer twice now with low miles, dealer runs a forced Re-Gen and gives it back. Within a couple of months, he's back to the dealer in limp mode. Now begging, demanding for a new DPF, dealer states that Factory again only approves another forced re-gen, rinse and repeat.

Happened again yesterday and in two days they're leaving for Utah and beyond for a month of driving around and it appears for the 3rd time, another forced re-gen.

He's going to dump it, dump Chrysler and get a different brand gasser.

QC22

Landing Loser
Reaction score
I just bought a JLURR at Glen E. Thomas in Signal Hill. Best car buying experience I've ever had, and they matched the best price I could find.

I HATE HB Jeep, Dodge etc. Worst experience I've ever had. Trying to buy a truck with cash took 2 days. They don't want experienced buyers. They want dummies.

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score
Hey Bill,
My buddy Mark from my Cadillac days is a broker. If she already knows what she wants etc etc and just needs price and pickup, no test drives or tech questions answered, he can handle that for her at a deal of a price. With them not yet in production though, I am not sure what kind of pricing the dealers would be releasing at this point. Text me if you want the contact

attitude

Reaction score
Iv never ordered a new vehicle but I’m particular with the spec JLU rubicon I want. How good are the deals ordering compared to buying one on the lot?

buck35

Reaction score
Should be a a couple hooks on the front bumper..... o_O

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
Mom is looking for a gladiator rubicon diesel.
Who’s the go to for Jeeps?

Unless Moms into Rock Crawling I would steer her towards the Gladiator Mojave instead of the Rubicon. It’s going to ride much better for everyday use with the Fox Shocks! J/S

QC22

Landing Loser
Reaction score
beating HB and has a much better attitude.
I've been in sales most of my career. Kinda vehicle, but heavy-duty, big OEM. Anyway... Dealers like HB mess up the market for everyone, OEMs, dealers and customers. Dealers need to make a fair profit, because they need to exist. Complete scam models make consumers distrust and give the overall business segment a bad reputation. Yes, some people save a few bucks, but I contend both sides of this equation are better off with reasonable margins. Stronger dealers can make better service decisions, afford tooling, inventory etc. Consumers need service, warranty, parts etc. I helped feed that HB kitty once, and I hated it. Still feel slimy for dealing with them.

East Wood

Reaction score
Westbrook in Van Nuys did the same thing to me. I had a deal on a new 1-ton Mega just about finalized with an OTD price and all of the sudden 5k in bullshit charges were added on. "safety add-ons". I was beyond pissed. Then the salesman hands the phone over to the next idiot in line (sales manager) and he told me i was "still getting a hella good deal". We are grown men can we use grown men words? I lost it. Then GM gets the phone handed over and i informed him he lost a sale. I know "losing a sale" doesnt matter to them because of their shear volume, but i agree they just want dummies. When somebody with half a brain starts dealing they lose their minds and dont know how to act.