WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Jeep Wrangler 392…

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
The fenders on that Bronco Raptor look... 👀....just not fond of them.... I sat in one at the OC Fair...very nice ride...but can't over the lines with those fenders...

Yea, it would have looked be there if they had brought the entire fender out ( prerunner style) instead of adding cheap plastic fender extensions.

As for the Jeep. The 392 is pretty bitchen. I guess it’s only money ! 😁

81Sprint

Reaction score
The fenders on the Broncos look like an after thought to me. They just don't match up IMO. I have seen some built ones running around Vegas that were pretty nice lookin, just not my cup of tea

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
A SxS would be great for that, if what you want to do is haul azz.

If you want to go slow, take your time, enjoy some climate control, the views and talk to your friends (without screaming or wearing a helmet), a jeep would be a better choice.

‘‘Twas that you said? I couldn’t hear you my ears were frozen from my climate control.
1A889FC0-6F49-49DE-80C1-38A59B1B0D4F.jpeg

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
A SxS would be great for that, if what you want to do is haul azz.

If you want to go slow, take your time, enjoy some climate control, the views and talk to your friends (without screaming or wearing a helmet), a jeep would be a better choice.
Yeah, appreciate you pointing that out. That has been made clear in the past when talking about going out with friends last year. Hence the desire for a SXS. Then a Jeep to cover the around town or other places to check out like Moab. Not ready to tow long distances for this winter. Maybe next year or when I have my replacement at work in a year or two and I can have more time to enjoy a road trip or two. My FIL has been doing UT for years. This is the first year he is not. I want to be able to have him join us in Havasu and then maybe road trip with them as well. Just want to have all bases covered for the next 5+ years of fun!!!!

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Yeah, appreciate you pointing that out. That has been made clear in the past when talking about going out with friends last year. Hence the desire for a SXS. Then a Jeep to cover the around town or other places to check out like Moab. Not ready to tow long distances for this winter. Maybe next year or when I have my replacement at work in a year or two and I can have more time to enjoy a road trip or two. My FIL has been doing UT for years. This is the first year he is not. I want to be able to have him join us in Havasu and then maybe road trip with them as well. Just want to have all bases covered for the next 5+ years of fun!!!!

My BIL and I were talking about exactly this...

Jeep? SxS?

It basically boils down to who do you wanna hang out with and what toys they already have?

Or just be a rebel and do your own thing.

Either way, it's always fun. 😊

HNL2LHC

Reaction score

Jeep? SxS?

It basically boils down to who do you wanna hang out with and what toys they already have?

Well we have the Jeep and enjoy the ability to just get off road any time. We will most likely always have one for when we want to do light off reading with out of town visitors. That is why we are looking at a 4dr Jeep as well. With the Speed UTV taking a bit more time I doubt we will see other SXS on the market so my plan is to just pull the trigger and buy new and do whatever is needed. 👍

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
saave your money,... jeeps on the road have only one purpose...HEY-LAM.... they're dangerous at hiway speed, noisey, uncomfortable, suck fuel.expensive to own''''i SEE PEOPLE RUNNING AROUND TOWN in jeeps with the doors off.....????? WTF ????? it's 120 degrees out and they're sweating there balls off to look cool??? next... jeeps are the slowest off road thing out there...and ride the worst... just buy a TJ and use it as intended... slow riding down a dirt trail.......

1664891214365.jpeg

1664891214365.jpeg

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
oh,... and never never ever go off roading with anyone that doesn't have a jeep also.... they are the very bottom of the off road vehicles ....... old rhino's out perform them in every way.... but hey lam jeeps are like stop signs... you see one at every corner...

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score

Jeep? SxS?

perfect post..... we have 2 rzr turbo's and two jeeps,... we never mix the two...if we go jeeping we take jeeps, and duning we take rzr's

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
saave your money,... jeeps on the road have only one purpose...HEY-LAM.... they're dangerous at hiway speed, noisey, uncomfortable, suck fuel.expensive to own''''i SEE PEOPLE RUNNING AROUND TOWN in jeeps with the doors off.....????? WTF ????? it's 120 degrees out and they're sweating there balls off to look cool??? next... jeeps are the slowest off road thing out there...and ride the worst... just buy a TJ and use it as intended... slow riding down a dirt trail.......

View attachment 1160291

View attachment 1160291
Thanks for the input Steve. You are spot on that a Jeep and SXS are two completely different animals. That is why I am looking at all options To fill my personal/family needs. I think that I have made up my mind and will be working in that direction. Here is a hint for everyone even though I used to be a NFL/Raiders fan I will NOT be getting anything close to the Jeep that @02HoWaRd26 posted. LOL

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Yeah, saw that one not even close to any list that I have going. 👍
Idk i like it a lot, but it wouldn’t be for the desert or hills at all. I still believe in having dedicated vehicle for that. It’d be the idea of replacing my truck for it.

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
Idk i like it a lot, but it wouldn’t be for the desert or hills at all. I still believe in having dedicated vehicle for that. It’d be the idea of replacing my truck for it.
The low profile tires are a no go for us. I want to be able to explore when we have the opportunity. Those tires would ultimately limited it to a payment/mall crawler and for that reason I am out. 👍

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
The fenders on that Bronco Raptor look... 👀....just not fond of them.... I sat in one at the OC Fair...very nice ride...but can't over the lines with those fenders...
I was just able to get hands on with a new bronco raptor. (kind of a dark orange color) While still hideous the fenders do look better in person. I guess there are companies already working on widebody fender kits but i think they still need a painted fender and some contrasting black plastic trim like the wrangler to look right.

37's stock it looks like it is ready to do some damage down in baja.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
I was just able to get hands on with a new bronco raptor. (kind of a dark orange color) While still hideous the fenders do look better in person. I guess there are companies already working on widebody fender kits but i think they still need a painted fender and some contrasting black plastic trim like the wrangler to look right.

37's stock it looks like it is ready to do some damage down in baja.

Baja Kits is next door to one of my shops. The white Bronco featured is extremely nice in person with the updated fenders.

Nanu/Nanu

Don't wait til' life's easy to be happy
Reaction score
I would definitely.get the 392 if i could afford it. I have a 3.8L 2011 and its been good so far. As soon as it gives up the ghost im going with a 5.3L swap from motech or rpm extreme. For the cost of a rebuild and putting a ripp blower on it you can get a reliable drivetrain package thats diy friendly for the same cost.

sml

Reaction score
Ordered a 2024 392 with the updated grille, dash and warn winch. Only boxes to check were for color, accessories and which top you wanted (i got dual tops). Got a vin today so hope to get it soon!

Last edited:

sml

Reaction score
4xe….have gotten to drive the BIL’s a lot…if I was going to buy a jeep that would be it…and you get a tax credit…
I bought one. 2023 rubicon 4xe. I actually like it. It runs hard. I like using the battery power for offroad. In e save mode you can switch it to charge while you drive….this is key.

Picking up the kids from school and running errands the wife uses zero gas in it.
IMG_1344.jpeg

SPYLIFE

Reaction score
I am leaning to a regular Jeep then a SXS for off-road duties.
This would be my vote. Have '12 JK I bought new with the 3.6, only issue was a broken sparkplug back in '16. Has 70K on it now. A mall crawler with 37's since day one. Never thought once about taking it off-road over the RZR. Neighbor has a 392, it sounds killer, but 30K killer.

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
Funny as this thread is just about a year old. we ended up picking up a SXS and held off on the Jeep as we had bought a few toys last year and we held off. 👍

zx14

The Skipper
Reaction score
Check the two rating to see if it was you need. And remember, long distance these are not so comfortable. This is the single reason I choose the RAM 1500 Diesel over the Gladiator, comfort and towing capability. As an unrelated example, the new full size Bronco only tows 3,500 pounds.
Awww come on, that v6 tows fine

Attachments

• IMG_20220513_063924375_HDR_1652451368426 4.jpeg
    IMG_20220513_063924375_HDR_1652451368426 4.jpeg
    163.6 KB · Views: 31

clarence

Reaction score

sml

Reaction score
2024 392 Showed up today. Talk about a smile machine….😍

And After 8 months and 6,500 miles the 2023 4XE is not doing good. Going to get it in to the service dept and see what happens with that

72426073379__DF38810B-DA91-4C5F-84E7-A0B0BA2C115F.jpeg

IMG_3195.jpeg
IMG_3192.jpeg
72425883409__0CECBD9B-1C24-415A-9B7A-A8C5D86BD18E.jpeg

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
What issues have you had with the 4xe? It was interesting when the dealer startted to throw out stats but at 90k sticker plus markup I quickly lost interest

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
What issues have you had with the 4xe? It was interesting when the dealer startted to throw out stats but at 90k sticker plus markup I quickly lost interest
I’m interested as well, my BIL has the first one delivered by his dealer in Vegas. Things been flawless for the entire time. It’s been great for them and a solid vehicle

sml

Reaction score
90k sticker plus mark up on 4XE!!!!!!! Ho lee fuk!!! Absolutely should not be paying mark up on one, there are thousands sitting on lots right now. I got 14,000 off msrp including the .gov 7500 rebate. My loaded up rubicon was in the mid 70’s, i don’t have and didn’t want the one touch roof so it would of been about 78-79 with that i think…..

Death wobble aside, The main problem with mine is the drivetrain acting confused when switching from electric to gas and vice versa. The dead pedal condition is a real problem also. Sometimes up to 8 seconds with no throttle response.

I don’t believe how anyone is claiming 45+ mpg with these things either. There are times the gas engine starts and runs for a total of a couple minutes a week and still only showing best of 22mpg on the dash. These are usually the people paying to charge and boasting about using public chargers out on the road. It makes zero sense with this platform.

I still like it in electric mode off road.

Last edited:

sml

Reaction score
On the 392, i was price locked when i ordered in May. But msrp went up 5 grand on the window sticker to 99,330. I paid no mark up but they said they could get 10k over with one phone call. I don’t believe that either.