WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Jeep Wrangler

fmo24

Reaction score
I’m looking at Wranglers to tow behind the motorhome. I like the Willy’s edition but was wondering if the Rubicon would be a better choice? I don’t need or want all the interior extras so leaning towards Willy’s??
I should add will not be used for any real hardcore off roading. Think fire trails and such.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
I’m looking at Wranglers to tow behind the motorhome. I like the Willy’s edition but was wondering if the Rubicon would be a better choice? I don’t need or want all the interior extras so leaning towards Willy’s??
I should add will not be used for any real hardcore off roading. Think fire trails and such.
With no real off roading and only fire trails a Rubicon seems a bit overkill?
Why not just a Wrangler Sport?

fmo24

Reaction score
With no real off roading and only fire trails a Rubicon seems a bit overkill?
Why not just a Wrangler Sport?
The Willy’s has 17 tires and some other upgrades. Like all things motorsports upgrades become an obsession so just thinking out loud if it makes sense to start with the Rubicon?

Gelcoater

Reaction score
The Willy’s has 17 tires and some other upgrades. Like all things motorsports upgrades become an obsession so just thinking out loud if it makes sense to start with the Rubicon?
The Rubicon has lower axle ratios, and a lower transfer case gear when in low range. Electronic disconnecting sway bars and some other features.
Pretty cool setup if you want to crawl.

For fire road use it would be comparable to buying a new twin outboard 22Daytona so you can putt putt around Lake Peris at 35mph:D

LHCBOY

Reaction score
Don't know what you want to spend but we do have this one already setup for flat tow. Customer who traded it in has the hitch still available.
https://www.beachautoaz.com/2015_Jeep_Wrangler_Lake Havasu City_AZ_15960647.veh

Singleton

Reaction score
Rubicon is overkill for what you want to do now with the Jeep today.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Sport with power windows and the cheaper navigation and some Craigslist rubicon take offs.

It will do more than you ever need and shouldn’t be terribly expensive right now with the new Jeep jl coming out any time.

Or just wait for the new one.

28Eliminator

Reaction score
No matter what you get, make sure you don't do what my Dad did (leave it in gear hooked up to the Moho, and head on down the road):eek:

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
No matter what you get, make sure you don't do what my Dad did (leave it in gear hooked up to the Moho, and head on down the road):eek:

Jesus, for how long? He didn’t hear it or see the smoking tires?

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
A5DC8950-4C55-4D86-9373-2EEFEF63D183.jpeg
I have more miles on mine towing it then driving it. The newer ones don’t log tow miles on the odometer anymore which is nice.

28Eliminator

Reaction score
Jesus, for how long? He didn’t hear it or see the smoking tires?

Got it on the freeway. figured he towed it about 6 or 7 miles in 1st gear... Motor must have been turning 10grand :p. Heard a bad noise, and saw smoke in the rear view mirror. The smoke was coming out of the engine compartment, not off the tires..lol. Funny thing about it, that was 6 or 7 years ago, and the damn thing still runs. Just rattles a little bit..Lol.

Them Toyota Rav4's are pretty tough :D

oldschool

Reaction score
Sport with power windows and the cheaper navigation and some Craigslist rubicon take offs.

It will do more than you ever need and shouldn’t be terribly expensive right now with the new Jeep jl coming out any time.

Or just wait for the new one.
This. You can pick up the Rubicon take offs on CL cheap, I picked up 5 for $200. We have a Sport and it works just fine on trails and for cruising around in the desert(Cal City). Ours just have crank windows and no navigation, KISS principle.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
This. You can pick up the Rubicon take offs on CL cheap, I picked up 5 for $200. We have a Sport and it works just fine on trails and for cruising around in the desert(Cal City). Ours just have crank windows and no navigation, KISS principle.

My next build will start off as a base model because it’s going to be on 60’s and 40’s.

I can’t do crank windows and I hate the way the dash looks with the base stereo.

I’m hoping when the jl comes out jk’s will get cheaper....have a new rock crawler long arm kit in the garage ready for something...lol

Somebody buy it from me..haha

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Get a used JK and no, you don't need the Rubicon. The Jeep on fire trails hardly ever needs 4 wheel drive