WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Jeeps

Joe mama

Reaction score
Looking at getting my daughter a jeep 4door sport. I know people were talking about them but can't find anything on the power options. Just wondering what's the best power package? Not sure if the
3.6L or the 2.0L turbo is best option. Mainly street driving and possibly putting 35,s on it later on, but if that will make it a dog then might shit can that idea. Thanks for your opinions.

Happy Easter to you all !

Kbach

Reaction score
I’ve got the 3.6l JLU with 35’s for my wife and to tow behind the motorhome and we love it. Beat the crap out of it all over Colorado and central/norcal trails. Ershim, Engineer, Rubicon, etc.

Never drove the 2.0 but wasn’t excited about the “hybrid” aspect of it with the assist batt and all. Even though in reality either will leave you stranded on the trail since they’re basically computers on wheels these days compared to my old school 78 CJ7 with a carbed 350 SBC.

getoffmylawn

Reaction score
We have ‘17 JK- 3.6, 35” tires. Changed gears to 4.11s, and added pedal commander. Has plenty of power for what we need. We do some off-roading, but not a lot of rough driving. We also drive it back and forth from North Idaho-Havasu (2,700 miles round trip) a few times a year
0AB76FC1-DDD0-4CCC-9525-F470C53B542E.jpeg
. Keep in mind, Jeeps don’t get great gas mileage. We get 14-15mpg.
Call 4 Wheel Parts and ask questions. They do our work, and offer warranties on what they do. Been happy so far 👍🏻

beerrun

Reaction score
I saw a video on YouTube can't remember what the title was but they took bolth the 2.0 turbo and the 3.6 up on a paved road like they highest paved road in the US and the 2.0 turbo would not run couldn't get it to even start

Bigmutha

Reaction score
The 2.0 rips, go drive one. My daughter has one with the Mopar 2" lift and 35's. I love driving it, had it for 1.5 years and no issues. It's crazy how it pulls those 35's.

calkid

Reaction score
OlllllllO If it's not going to be used on rough trails but live mostly on asphalt and fire roads buy a Grand Cherokee with Quadra Drive II. I have well set up Wranglers and I've had five Grand Cherokee's. Most of the time the GC is the better choice.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
Looking at getting my daughter a jeep 4door sport. I know people were talking about them but can't find anything on the power options. Just wondering what's the best power package? Not sure if the
3.6L or the 2.0L turbo is best option. Mainly street driving and possibly putting 35,s on it later on, but if that will make it a dog then might shit can that idea. Thanks for your opinions.

Happy Easter to you all !
Your daughter must like walking, lol.

oldschool

Reaction score
Your daughter must like walking, lol.
Why? Has that been your experience?
We bought our daughter a new Wrangler with a 3.6 back in 2013, it’s gone 45,000 trouble free miles. Haven’t driven the 2.0 turbo version so I have no input on it.

One2go

Reaction score
Had 2 -3.6L-both were and are fine not any more than any other vehicle.Bought my daughter 2015 she drove through HS and had no issues. Currently I have a 2015 thats had couple minor repairs.