WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Jegs Mail Order WTF?

OkHallett270

Reaction score
So I ordered some parts for my smallblocks from Jegs a couple weeks back, April 20, and still haven’t seen a shipping confirmation. When I try to call the 1-800 number it rings once or twice and goes to a busy signal, sometimes strait to busy signal with no rings. I’ve been trying to call them for 3 days now all hours of the workday. I tried to look my order up on their website order tracking engine and it doesn’t even come up anymore. They sure as hell took my money according to my financial statement though. Anyone else had a run in with Jegs lately? I usually use Summit but I will shop them all around to get a good price most of the time. In fact I ordered some fuel pumps from Speedway same day I ordered the Jegs stuff and they arrived in 3 days..... Anyway, rant over...

bonesfab

Reaction score
They have some computer issues. Rumor says their system got hacked. Who knows.

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
Had that problem last year.

Covid has them working for home with less staff. So it’s just a full line basically

zbudman

Coors Light Strong
Reaction score
Saw the same problems on Yellowbullet.

OkHallett270

Reaction score
You know what’s kinda weird, I ordered an engine cradle stand off of Amazon, it literally said in the description of my order that it was fulfilled by Jegs. That stand came in 3 days.

BlowMe

Reaction score
You ordered stuff on 4-20....im gonna go ahead and say probably go misplaced or forgotten about lol. But damn thats a bummer and sucks to hear

Reactions: SJP

bonesfab

Reaction score
I order a ton of shit from Atech which is Summit's wholesale side. Amaizing service from them for the most part. The Nevada warehouse kicks ass.

OkHallett270

Reaction score
What about Rockauto ?
I use Rockauto often. I’m a big fan, stuff arrives quick! You just can’t always get performance aftermarket stuff from them. They wholesale NOS and overstock items from parts store warehouses and a lot of the brands are the same stuff you get at the green and red and orange parts stores.

OkHallett270

Reaction score
I order a ton of shit from Atech which is Summit's wholesale side. Amaizing service from them for the most part. The Nevada warehouse kicks ass.

I’ve never even heard of Atech but I’m gonna check them out for sure. 👍🏼

78Southwind

Reaction score
I ordered some stuff on the 28th of April. Their website says in process, so it looks like my stuff is going to take some time as well.

outboard_256

Reaction score
You know what’s kinda weird, I ordered an engine cradle stand off of Amazon, it literally said in the description of my order that it was fulfilled by Jegs. That stand came in 3 days.

In order to sell on amazon you have to ship it to the amazon warehouse before its listed on the site. That's how they can do the one day shipping since they have full control over that inventory.

jones performance

Reaction score
supposedly their computer systems were hit with ransomware and it pretty much shut em down.

this was posted in a perf group im in on the facespace

" It appears Jegs had been attacked with ransomware. That is the only thing that takes you entire system down for days and incapacitates you business. If you have every done business with Jegs you should be concerned. If this is true then any information that you have given them, is now in the hands of someone who knows how to take over entire systems for ransom money. Second concern is they obviously do not have the right equipment and protocols that they should have in place for someone who is doing business online. Since they have been down for some time this means they are not up to date with back up protocols, do not have Virtual Servers that would allow them to bring them back up in short order. There entire system is down including their phone system. They had everything (including your information) on one system and this put them, their vendors and your information as risk. If they did get taken over they now have your IP information, E-Mail, Credit Card, passwords and all personal information. I have heard they had a bunch of people walk out and they are going out of business. The first seems like the best explanation but either way, not good "

OkHallett270

Reaction score
supposedly their computer systems were hit with ransomware and it pretty much shut em down.

this was posted in a perf group im in on the facespace

" It appears Jegs had been attacked with ransomware. That is the only thing that takes you entire system down for days and incapacitates you business. If you have every done business with Jegs you should be concerned. If this is true then any information that you have given them, is now in the hands of someone who knows how to take over entire systems for ransom money. Second concern is they obviously do not have the right equipment and protocols that they should have in place for someone who is doing business online. Since they have been down for some time this means they are not up to date with back up protocols, do not have Virtual Servers that would allow them to bring them back up in short order. There entire system is down including their phone system. They had everything (including your information) on one system and this put them, their vendors and your information as risk. If they did get taken over they now have your IP information, E-Mail, Credit Card, passwords and all personal information. I have heard they had a bunch of people walk out and they are going out of business. The first seems like the best explanation but either way, not good "

Holy crap! If that’s true that sucks! I’m glad I paid them through PayPal. I don’t have an actual account with them and don’t even get emails from them other than the order info. Hopefully using PayPal protected me.

78Southwind

Reaction score
Well that sucks...

Status does say shipped now though. :cool:

Last edited:

River Dirt 2

Brummett 21
Reaction score
I order stuff from Summit all the time, including today, got confirmation it ships tomorrow. Comes out of Sparks Nevada as said, usually here the next day.