WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Jesse James American Made tv pilot

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
This is a repost from RDC

[video=vimeo;107055609]http://vimeo.com/107055609[/video]

This is the first episode for the project. They are still trying to get Discovery Channel to run it. This is an awesome first look at a great concept: showing American Craftsmen building products by hand. Check it out

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
This is a repost from RDC

[video=vimeo;107055609]http://vimeo.com/107055609[/video]

This is the first episode for the project. They are still trying to get Discovery Channel to run it. This is an awesome first look at a great concept: showing American Craftsmen building products by hand. Check it out

Is that clown still trying to get back on TV?:rolleyes

H20-ski

Long Member
Reaction score
Great craftsman, Douche bag though. How could you f-up a marriage to Sandra Bullock? Smoking hottie.

He traded her in for this.

untitled.png

LuckyDaze

Reaction score
Watched the pilot over breakfast this morning. I really dig the premise but it probably wont get picked for lack of drama. Call him what you want the man has some talent. Both in his skills as a builder/fabricater, and in his ability to promote himself and his business. I met him once at Irwindale after some figure 8 racing and he was pretty cool to me. We talked about burning metal and building stuff.

What he does in his personal life is his busines... That bike he made from copper is pretty badass.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Watched the pilot over breakfast this morning. I really dig the premise but it probably wont get picked for lack of drama. Call him what you want the man has some talent. Both in his skills as a builder/fabricater, and in his ability to promote himself and his business. I met him once at Irwindale after some figure 8 racing and he was pretty cool to me. We talked about burning metal and building stuff.

What he does in his personal life is his busines... That bike he made from copper is pretty badass.

Agreed, I was also a big fan myself.

He came out to Irwindale one night, with two cars, and both left on a stretcher. Figure 8 racing. Intentionally wrecked both. Why the track officials let him back on the track with the other car is still beyond me. Could've hurt someone worse that he did.

Later on on one of the shows he talked about that night like it was a joke. Paraphrasing....He was pissed off at the world and said he went to the track that night to take out some aggression and hurt someone.

Problems with that is, the 4 or 5 cars that got collected up that night, besides his, weren't there to wreck their shit, or go to the hospital that night. Not everyone has Jesse James' money to repair their shit for the next weeks race, or at all.

I admire his talent as far as a craftsmen, but other than that, no love for that guy.

Spudsbud

Reaction score
Cable show starring the mailman from Cheers (name???) travelling the country in an RV visiting small US factories. Great idea, great show. Didnt make the cut I guess.

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
Cable show starring the mailman from Cheers (name???) travelling the country in an RV visiting small US factories. Great idea, great show. Didnt make the cut I guess.

The show made the cut, but ran out of factories to tour as a lot of companies manufacture in China now.:grumble:

McRib

aka HWlaser23, "B" team member
Reaction score

I remember this show. Saw an episode about mack trucks an another about a fastener company that supplied to all the car mfgs. No drama just merica! Half season.... gone.

River Lynchmob

What can I do to u for u?
Reaction score
Love him or hate him there is no denying that he is one talented SOB...that gun is a work of art.

500bbc

Reaction score
she has more money if that means anything.

She doesn't, his current wife does, although I'm sure dad has it all locked away out of his reach. :D

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Jessie James, at one point a few years ago, was the #1 "aspirational" figure for males in coveted the 18 - 40 year old demographic.
Advertisers couldn't throw money at him fast enough, producers couldn't get enough of him onto TV.

His own personal choices caused all of this to come crashing down.

Personally, I like the guy,
He's genuine, does what he wants, and couldn't give two shits about what anyone thinks.
But he left a shitload of money on the table.

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
Jessie James, at one point a few years ago, was the #1 "aspirational" figure for males in coveted the 18 - 40 year old demographic.
Advertisers couldn't throw money at him fast enough, producers couldn't get enough of him onto TV.

His own personal choices caused all of this to come crashing down.

Personally, I like the guy,
He's genuine, does what he wants, and couldn't give two shits about what anyone thinks.
But he left a shitload of money on the table.

Most people that can create have a mind unlike those that can run a business. They are not one in the same usually. The business side of this guy exists because of producers trying to move his mind about. Tough thing to do and why nothing with Jessie James sticks and nothing ever will. Problem is he is the biggest LAM dude around but then cant stand it when people look at him. :D

BTW CAT was a pretty cool chick in herself who I bet screwed his brains out. Sandra Bullock I would be willing to bet did not. With hold the poon from the dude and the dude moves on quick.

So that shit load of money on the table...he will never be able to bank.

Also Made in America with John Ratzenburger was a bitchen series that did all this. They ran out of willing factories.

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
Series ran for several years. I miss it.

Now it appears he may be trying to do it himself this time.

[video=youtube;7zb1qd1oThk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zb1qd1oThk[/video]

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
Jesse James is one talented SOB, but the moment he opens his mouth, his douche-ness shows. He was on a Discovery Channel show where he makes hot rods in Austin, Texas now and was building one for Paul Teutul Sr. Jesse said to Paul Sr. that they had a an animosity with each other prior to one show and then they talked and and it was all good. Then Jesse is hired by Paul Sr. to build a street rod for him and as the rod is being built Jesse James is talking shit about Paul Sr's. fabrication style and abilities. What a dick! You don't badmouth customers, especially on national TV.

McRib

aka HWlaser23, "B" team member
Reaction score
Jesse is a very talented douche. He has mommy and daddy issues. Wasn't hugged enough as a kid. He will self destruct every relationship he will ever have. Kat von D is the same. Broken! Bullock didn't work because it worked. He will die alone. Wonder if he's fucked up his kids already?

PVHCA

Reaction score
Did someone here say Kat Von D has more cash than Sandra Bullock? Please explain how.

H20-ski

Long Member
Reaction score
Well since everyone is picking on Jesse James..

Ever since he sold West Coast Choppers and moved to Austin and open Austin speed Shop it's been all down hill. That show is terrible.

Not what he does physically but the show itself. :rolleyes

H20-ski

Long Member
Reaction score
Did someone here say Kat Von D has more cash than Sandra Bullock? Please explain how.

Here's the answer to the real question. :D

Jesse James isn't afraid to compare his future wife to his most recent, and most famous, ex.

During a typically freewheeling interview on Howard Stern's Sirius XM radio show Thursday, the motorcycle mogul, 42, didn't shrink when the shock jock asked him the obvious.

"Who's more fun in bed? Sandra Bullock or Kat Von D?" Stern, 57 asked.

"That one's an easy no-brainer," James replied.

"Kat von D?" Stern asked.

"Yes, sir. 100 percent. She's a vixen," James said of the L.A. Ink star (real name: Katherine Drachenberg), 29. "The way she gets in my head and makes me feel."

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Jessie new father in- law is Paul Dejoria,Owns Patron,Paul Michell,etc. Might help Jessie business wise.

Interesting, makes sense. I saw a product launch and Paul Dejoria did an introduction for Jesse. I wondered how those two got together.

PVHCA

Reaction score
Jessie new father in- law is Paul Dejoria,Owns Patron,Paul Michell,etc. Might help Jessie business wise.

Here's the answer to the real question. :D

Jesse James isn't afraid to compare his future wife to his most recent, and most famous, ex.

During a typically freewheeling interview on Howard Stern's Sirius XM radio show Thursday, the motorcycle mogul, 42, didn't shrink when the shock jock asked him the obvious.

"Who's more fun in bed? Sandra Bullock or Kat Von D?" Stern, 57 asked.

"That one's an easy no-brainer," James replied.

"Kat von D?" Stern asked.

"Yes, sir. 100 percent. She's a vixen," James said of the L.A. Ink star (real name: Katherine Drachenberg), 29. "The way she gets in my head and makes me feel."

Now I'm even more confused, whose his FIL, what's KVD's last name? WTF

dread Pirate

Reaction score
The way I read it Jessie is now married to Alexis Dejoria (Drag Racer)

Has been for awhile. Sounds like they are trying the mellow family life between racing. He's working on and will be testing a top fuel bike as well.

500bbc

Reaction score
Interesting, makes sense. I saw a product launch and Paul Dejoria did an introduction for Jesse. I wondered how those two got together.

Alexis, Patron car, Jesse.

FIL is a billionaire.:thumbup::D

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
i wish i had the ability to learn stuff like this. i love doing a project and im fairly creative when it comes to solving a problem or a need by making things. i just wish i had more skill when it came to certain things. unfortunately most of this stuff isnt taught in a school and i dont have time to take off of work to purse dreams. id love to spend time with someone on weekends and learn stuff beyond what i already know, but those people are far and few and for the most part unwilling to teach.

sometimes i think i was born into the wrong generation. most of the time when i fix my own cars or build my own boat people around me have a negative stigma towards me wanting to do something myself, or because im not buying a new boat im wasting time with something old. it sucks... :( i share most everything i do on facebook and most of the time i get negative comments from people "oh there he goes again..." when i got a boat sitting in a dirt lot... or when i tore my navigator down to the shortblock. the hardest part is when my wife gives me grief because i want to do something, or when something doesnt quite work out and i want to re-do it to make it better.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Keep your head up young buck.

I learned by doing just what you did, asking questions. Many people didn't like it either. But I hung out, and spent money with people who took time to answer questions.

There are some people with CNC machineshops who would happily give peeps a leg up if they want to learn. PayitForward style.

Brian

i wish i had the ability to learn stuff like this. i love doing a project and im fairly creative when it comes to solving a problem or a need by making things. i just wish i had more skill when it came to certain things. unfortunately most of this stuff isnt taught in a school and i dont have time to take off of work to purse dreams. id love to spend time with someone on weekends and learn stuff beyond what i already know, but those people are far and few and for the most part unwilling to teach.

sometimes i think i was born into the wrong generation. most of the time when i fix my own cars or build my own boat people around me have a negative stigma towards me wanting to do something myself, or because im not buying a new boat im wasting time with something old. it sucks... :( i share most everything i do on facebook and most of the time i get negative comments from people "oh there he goes again..." when i got a boat sitting in a dirt lot... or when i tore my navigator down to the shortblock. the hardest part is when my wife gives me grief because i want to do something, or when something doesnt quite work out and i want to re-do it to make it better.

500bbc

Reaction score

You've got the wrong friends.:D
A v-drive would help. We all have to be able to wrench.:D

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
Did anyone actually watch the video and form an opinion on whether or not they liked it, or is this a bust on the douche bag Jesse thread? I personally really liked it and it would definitely be the type of show I would watch. I love to watch skilled craftsmen at work.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Have you really looked at Alexis? She's a 20 footer any closer and she looks too much like her old man, ugh!

To quote the greatest southern rock hillbilly band of all time - Nashville pussy - "first I look at the purse" LOL

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
You've got the wrong friends.:D
A v-drive would help. We all have to be able to wrench.:D

Pretty much. I just think society in general looks down on skills and trades like these. Like he said in the show, you can do it cheaper on a CNC but it has no personality. That's what I experience when I build something myself... People wondering why I didn't just log into amazon to buy one. Why I can spend all night cleaning or polishing something and I'm the only one that knows its there.

Ol Man

Reaction score
Hopefully the show goes. I like the premise.

Yellowboat

Reaction score
I can tell you first hand people treat you diffrent if you are dirty... always cracked me up when I make more in a day then they do in a week.

Reaction score
Did anyone actually watch the video and form an opinion on whether or not they liked it, or is this a bust on the douche bag Jesse thread? I personally really liked it and it would definitely be the type of show I would watch. I love to watch skilled craftsmen at work.

I did and it was great, sent the link on to my Dad. The problem with most of the members of this form is that they do not have a creative bone in there body, creative people most of the time have other social problems. All the greats that will be remembered do.

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
Here's a couple pics of Alexis, talked to her at the track a couple of times and she's really cool! Jesse rarely comes to the rope to sign, but that's probably to avoid confrontations.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411701406.308066.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411701417.677086.jpg

DC-88

Reaction score
Amazing what Photoshop can do. She still looks too manly for me.

For sure. If she wasn't famous I'd bet a lot of guys would back off thinking there might be something tucked back or folded up downstairs:yikes

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
For sure. If she wasn't famous I'd bet a lot of guys would back off thinking there might be something tucked back or folded up downstairs:yikes

Maybe that's what turns Jesse on about her. Maybe his other women were TOO feminine for him.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great craftsman, Douche bag though. How could you f-up a marriage to Sandra Bullock? Smoking hottie.

What he said! She's on my exempt list! What a hoser!!!

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score

I think that's why folks like Jesse James are perceived to be arrogant. They don't give a shit about what other people think. They say what's on their mind regardless. My issue with that is it does hurt other's feelings at times, but that's what makes them who they are, open and frank.

I love to spend my time doing things I enjoy. Some of them are quite simple, like working in my yard and landscaping. It just feels cool to sit back a deck I've built in a chair I've formed for comfort, and take in the look you've created. Much more rewarding than the neighbor that has all his landscaping and yard maintenance hired out. The guy that thinks DIYer's are cheap, broke, and/or crazy. These guys are the ones who buy the big new boat with all the expensive features they can recite about, but in reality have little if any understanding of what those features contribute to or what they are all about.

Piss on those who air negative comments. Most are shallow go with the crowd types, that have no clue about life or it's amazing intricacies. You weren't born into the wrong generation, just the me generation filled with lemmings trying to fit in. Sadly they can't figure out that you are what they actually desire to be, someone that understands the world they live in enough to be part of it.:D