WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Jesse James looking for a Schiada

cakemoto

Reaction score
My buddy jimmy built some gas tanks for him that he Mass Produced.I hung out with him for an hour or so on the queen Mary one time when he donated some gas money for a local boat.

cakemoto

Reaction score
Dude has my respect for his skills, period. He knows quality, knows his materials, knows his market. Mad respect for his work.

He likes what he likes as well. His merc is top 3 in my book, ever, coming from generations of hot rod and show car builders.

He also like what he likes, dgaf what others think, and everything is nicely done. His VW hatchback was sano. No one would expect to see the vanilla gorilla in an aircooled. Nice taste in boats.

Hes living the dream. Left Ca, owns property, a sick shop, shop dogs, and nice guns. I could do without the monkey, but that's me. They creep me out a little.

Huge respect for the guy. Also an IE native that still has homies in the area.
You mean notch? He didn’t build that car.A black gentleman owned that car way before him it was fully restored all he did was a stereo at sound good stereos in California

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
He wanted one of my slant back Humvees and offered to trade what I thought was going to be multiple custom 1911’s for the Humvee which I would’ve been OK with. But it turned out that he felt that one custom 1911 was worth $65,000. He is very impressed with his work and while his craftsmanship is pretty amazing if he is out rages on his prices I can go fuck himself

I’m thinking the 1911 would be the better investment than the Humvee over a longer period of time.

DEEZNUTS

Reaction score
You mean notch? He didn’t build that car.A black gentleman owned that car way before him it was fully restored all he did was a stereo at sound good stereos in California

Sorry yes, notchback. My Auto correct has no VW vocab built in.

Looked like a nice car. Thought it was out of ordinary for his style. Always dug his 36 coupe. Merc is my favorite.

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
John Paul is an interesting cat. He has some bad ass houses. His Hawaii house is epic.

This is also his wife.

View attachment 923168

Shes hot and all but I gotta think if your at a dinner party the whole time you gotta be thinking to yourself "dont look up" lol.

Did a quick search and this popped up.

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
Kinda surprised at how many dudes know what is going on in celebs personal lives as well. Lol

I have always thought the guy was talented and a marketing machine.

I don’t know him personally.. so I don’t care what he does with his wives, ex wives etc
Lol, no shit. Like my pops always said, if it doesn't make you money or get you laid, why stress about it

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

SFV2RVR

Registered Parker Legend
Reaction score

I guess I’ll be the spoiler....with 18 minutes left they couldn’t get the motor to fire up. It was a bust! [emoji1304] I’m not sure what they end up doing with the failed projects. It would have never worked anyways. The sailboat doesn’t have strakes on the bottom. It would’ve literally plowed the water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D19

Reaction score
And there was this where he took an Ultra turned it upside down and raced it...

View attachment 923004

View attachment 923005

I watched this episode when I was in high school and said "I am going to get one of those Ultras"....

UltraRiver.jpeg

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
Why wouldn’t he just build one from scratch?
Are Shiada so expensive even Jesse James can’t afford a new one?😇

maybe he doesn't want to wait for "2 weeks"

might actually be more like having a baby and take 9 months.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
You gotta wait a couple years for Lee (actually Stan) to build you a new one. If you don't want to wait you gotta buy used...
I’m just guessing here but I don’t think JJ wants a complete boat?
The guy is a metal fab maniac.
Stan just needs to build him a hull.
Imagine the rail kit, engine plates, and internal V-Drive hardware, etc that guy could conjure.
And, he already has an engine ready😎👍

Taboma

Reaction score
I didn’t know that was an actual model, I just thought someone rigged up a decent size motor to their sailboat. Either way it’s pretty impressive 👍

First time I saw one I thought WTF, a sailbote on plane ? I used to see one on Havasu, they were rather popular as a trailerable sail boat.

Wheeler

Reaction score
Imagine the rail kit, engine plates, and internal V-Drive hardware, etc that guy could conjure.
He'll need the special z engine rails that nobody but Schiada has access to. The Z rails are like unicorn horns and not available to meer mortals. The tooling alone must have cost millions to produce. 🤔

LOBOATOMY

Reaction score
Lancer 27 PS. My buddy had one in the early 2000's and kept it on Lake Mead. What a trip for a sailboat.
RIP Larry

attitude

Reaction score
First time I saw one I thought WTF, a sailbote on plane ? I used to see one on Havasu, they were rather popular as a trailerable sail boat.
Seeing one on havasu would be badass

D19

Reaction score

Knowing how Jessie is, it will not be like any other Schiada. I look forward to seeing it.

Wheeler

Reaction score
He could just mill them from a solid chunk of billet. It's just money right ....

It just wouldn't be the same. I for one look at every Schiada I run across to make sure that it has Z channel in it. It's really a marvel of modern engineering. I've been saving my money for the past few years and by next year I should have enough for three feet of it. 😀

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score

Do you think that Stan may Not want a New Schiada "DONE" in the manner it will be?

Swain

Reaction score
We just did some wheels for him that will be on Monster Garage,. Interesting car they are building to go realllyyyy fast. I can't say anything about the episode until it airs.

Wheeler

Reaction score
how fast is Really fast?

DEEZNUTS

Reaction score
We just did some wheels for him that will be on Monster Garage,. Interesting car they are building to go realllyyyy fast. I can't say anything about the episode until it airs.

Polara?

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Do you think that Stan may Not want a New Schiada "DONE" in the manner it will be?
What manner is that?
You mean...custom?
I’m no big James fan but the man can fabricate on a level higher than most.
Maybe Stan doesn’t want to be shown up?

Personally I always thought being a custom boat bullder meant making customers happy.
Perhaps Jesse James would be better off building one of Danny’s boats. 🤷‍♂️

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
What manner is that?
You mean...custom?

Personally I always thought being a custom boat bullder meant making customers happy.

Well, I guess when the name Schida, comes to mind it is a very Traditional out of the ordinary Boat exterior. I meant if he would mess with the body of the boat. I have seen some Schida rigging that was second to none and am sure JJ can do some creative things along those lines. I just meant like flipping a boat upside down type of almost Gimmick stuff.

wishiknew

Reaction score
Well, I guess when the name Schida, comes to mind it is a very Traditional out of the ordinary Boat exterior. I meant if he would mess with the body of the boat. I have seen some Schida rigging that was second to none and am sure JJ can do some creative things along those lines. I just meant like flipping a boat upside down type of almost Gimmick stuff.
Schiada

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score

Or a WestCoast mother fucker on the deck and sides.

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score

Lots of Schiada's have been heavily modified, nothing wrong or sacrilegious about doing whatever you want with your own hull.

I know of several boats that have modded hulls/strakes etc, never seen a peep out of the members here about it.

When you SELL a product, once it is out of his hands, why would he care?

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Lots of Schiada's have been heavily modified, nothing wrong or sacrilegious about doing whatever you want with your own hull.

I know of several boats that have modded hulls/strakes etc, never seen a peep out of the members here about it.

They don’t view boat builds like you do. It’s less about the business aspect and more about the final product. Their builds are their art. It’s a three year build in a lot of cases.

Wheeler

Reaction score

Here's an example.

IMAG1028-1.jpg
IMAG1031.jpg

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
They don’t view boat builds like you do. It’s less about the business aspect and more about the final product. Their builds are their art. It’s a three year build in a lot of cases.

Oh I agree they are works of art, the rigging is drool worthy haha!

I have built enough customs of my own as far as hot rods/resto mods for clients, I know the feeling.

There are enough out there that he'll have no issues finding what he wants, unless it is a new hull from them.

Personally, I'd never work with a builder if they had an attitude about their products, exclusivity is a double edged sword.

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
What manner is that?
You mean...custom?

If that was true Brummett, or my Father, or Prime Marine would have never been able to buy bare hulls. And that is no slight against Stan or Schiada, who build a great product, but if you pick any of those 4 (Stan included) you are going to end up with 4 totally different styles of rigging, each with their own subjective high points.

Lee / Schiada are very selective about who they will sell a bare hull to for a couple reasons: liability, and value of the brand. They don't want some hack doing a slap together build that gives the product a bad reputation.

Now they will certainly sell you a completely rigged boat, and what you do with it at that point is up to you, but it makes a big difference if you have to drop 200+ for a rigged boat, or 50 for bare hull. They have no obligation to sell anyone a bare hull.

Last edited:

Wheeler

Reaction score
I'm sure it would be much more like "Central Texas MF" or "Texas Hill Country MF" now....

Just so everyone knows what boat we are talking about.

IMG_466 copy - Edited (3).jpg
IMG_0473 copy - Edited.jpg

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Oh I agree they are works of art, the rigging is drool worthy haha!

I have built enough customs of my own as far as hot rods/resto mods for clients, I know the feeling.

There are enough out there that he'll have no issues finding what he wants, unless it is a new hull from them.

Personally, I'd never work with a builder if they had an attitude about their products, exclusivity is a double edged sword.

I don’t disagree but like Jesse who believes his 1911 guns are worth $75k (or whatever it was), he’s not targeting the average guy who loves a Kimber.

Jesse likely appreciates the level of detail and time put into these boats and understands why they are what they are.