WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Jet boat motor going in a V Drive

Derekhobbie

Reaction score
I have a v drive that has a cam driven water pump and I have found the same motor that I’m looking to buy but it’s set up for a jet boat, would I be able to just swap over the parts I have on my motor to the new motor and ( water pump and oil pan?)

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
Jet boat motors are sometimes stroker motors since a jet wants all the torque it can get. Is this ok with your v-drive? Other than that, the essential long block should be able to come over, with adding your cam driven water pump, exhaust, oil pan, and other wiring for the gauges.

Derekhobbie

Reaction score
Jet boat motors are sometimes stroker motors since a jet wants all the torque it can get. Is this ok with your v-drive? Other than that, the essential long block should be able to come over, with adding your cam driven water pump, exhaust, oil pan, and other wiring for the gauges.
The motor I’m looking at buying isn’t a stroker motor is basically the same motor just set up for a jet not a v drive.

my plan would be to switch everything over from my motor that needs to be switched in order to work in a v drive. I just wasn’t sure about switching the water pump, I assumed it would all swap over

motormonkey

Reaction score
I have a v drive that has a cam driven water pump and I have found the same motor that I’m looking to buy but it’s set up for a jet boat, would I be able to just swap over the parts I have on my motor to the new motor and ( water pump and oil pan?)
Yes it should all change over if its same engine years. Just put your v drive stuff on it.