WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Jet Pack man captured on video

4Waters

Reaction score
That's the guy that's been spotted by airline pilots approaching LAX earlier this year

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
...I saw what I thought was a green balloon approaching a helicopter that was painted baby shit brownish green... and hovering close to my house in North Hollywood... i’m assuming the helicopter had taken off from Burbank airport...Now this has me wondering if it was not a balloon and was a jet pack deal...Dunno???.,,

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
This is a jet pac guy I saw in Havasu, can't tell if it is the same one

Spudsbud

Reaction score
I saw "Carl- Jet Man-Rossi" , Frenchman, fly at EAA Oshkosh a few years back.
Not allowed below 10,000'. Like following a pin dot across the sky.
Very unimpressive to see, but, technology and wimgsuit were very cool. Still greatly limited range/time by fuel supply

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
I thought one of these guys died recently.

I read an analysis after the 2nd time he was spotted by pilots at LAX. They said based on the altitude and distance he would have had to have flown, that it was either like a $300,000 jet pack or @Go-Fly built it in his shop. True story.

Sent From Tapatalk

Last edited:

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
That's the guy that's been spotted by airline pilots approaching LAX earlier this year
This video is a hoverboard type thing. There is a video of this at Havasu, and another one of him racing cars in the desert.

I had heard the one from LAX was a winged type jet pack...and it was fast. I can't imagine flying the hoverboard type at 3,000 feet.

Sent From Tapatalk

Tank

Reaction score
I think the video looks like a guy not a drone. This is the 3rd sighting of a guy flying on a jet pack in the past few months. He was spotted twice by airline pilots on approach to LAX. One of the pilots said they were at about 6k feet. There is a jet pack development company based out of LA who denied knowledge of who the person it and went on to say they do not have the capability of going to 6k feet.

I think the story is super intriguing and would like to know what the deal is. Some dude in his back yard? Military doing secret test shit? WTF?

spectras only

Reaction score
I think the story is super intriguing and would like to know what the deal is. Some dude in his back yard? Military doing secret test shit? WTF?
Well, this old dude built the fastest boat on water.;):)
1609270711627.png

I think Jetpack man is probably military? Again , watch the video, the boat/ship below has a deck like a carrier, maybe the launch/landing platform for him🤔

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
I agree Tankster.... I'm following on news feeds too..... those vids from pilots approaching LAX are wild. Had to happen sooner or later that jetpacks would evolve like this.

Taboma

Reaction score
Well, this old dude built the fastest boat on water.;):)

I think Jetpack man is probably military? Again , watch the video, the boat/ship below has a deck like a carrier, maybe the launch/landing platform for him🤔

That ship appears to me to be a container ship, quite a common site in that area, due to the close proximity of LA Harbor.

Taboma

Reaction score
Perfect craft to land on, in case jetpack man runs low on fuel ;)

So much fun to be hooked up to a nice marlin, only to have one of these bearing down on you, knowing they won't alter course. We were fighting one, one day, tried everything, pulling, tugging, sweating, cussing, trying to coax that bastard fish out of that ship's path. Finally with no options and that ship not giving way, I loosened the drag hoping he'd dive while my buddy drove the boat to immediate safety and by immediate, you could just about reach out and drag your hand down the side.
Bye Bye marlin, cut the fucker clean off. We were standing on the deck flipping them off, yeah, that showed em. 😂

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
So much fun to be hooked up to a nice marlin, only to have one of these bearing down on you, knowing they won't alter course. We were fighting one, one day, tried everything, pulling, tugging, sweating, cussing, trying to coax that bastard fish out of that ship's path. Finally with no options and that ship not giving way, I loosened the drag hoping he'd dive while my buddy drove the boat to immediate safety and by immediate, you could just about reach out and drag your hand down the side.
Bye Bye marlin, cut the fucker clean off. We were standing on the deck flipping them off, yeah, that showed em. 😂
Love hearing about the old days of marlin in these waters. I used to stay in Catalina at the Zane Grey Hotel up above Avalon. Its been sold but the author lived there in if I remember right the 60s-70s when marlin fishing here was world class. The black and white photos of marlin caught where crazy huge.

Tank

Reaction score
He was caught about 3 months ago on video out over the water near Long Beach I believe. This is at least the 3rd time he's been video'd or seen by air or boat. Gonna be interesting to find out what the deal is when he's finally out'd. Can't believe the FAA or some other 3 letter agency hasn't figured this out yet.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
He was caught about 3 months ago on video out over the water near Long Beach I believe. This is at least the 3rd time he's been video'd or seen by air or boat. Gonna be interesting to find out what the deal is when he's finally out'd. Can't believe the FAA or some other 3 letter agency hasn't figured this out yet.
My son said the same thing about the guy getting popped. When he said it this morning, made me wonder. What if this is some sort of testing for a contractor? Like a SpaceX contract build or something?

YeahYeah01

Reaction score
My son said the same thing about the guy getting popped. When he said it this morning, made me wonder. What if this is some sort of testing for a contractor? Like a SpaceX contract build or something?
Maybe but there is plenty of closed air space in CA to test weird shit. I would think if it was a classified contract you would fly around an open air port lol

Tank

Reaction score
Maybe but there is plenty of closed air space in CA to test weird shit. I would think if it was a classified contract you would fly around an open air port lol

Agreed on both accounts.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Food for thought - if they can't track or stop this guy (or this high powered drone made up to look like a guy).......they can't track or stop somebody from flying an unauthorized small craft into restricted airspace and carrying out an attack.

You'd think after the number of incursions, this would be handled with a higher level of "crack down".......

Tank

Reaction score
Food for thought - if they can't track or stop this guy (or this high powered drone made up to look like a guy).......they can't track or stop somebody from flying an unauthorized small craft into restricted airspace and carrying out an attack.

You'd think after the number of incursions, this would be handled with a higher level of "crack down".......

After all the shit going on lately my confidence in our military leadership and 3 letter organizations has dwindled. It's actually pretty scary the lack of defense and control.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I thought one of these guys died recently.

I read an analysis after the 2nd time he was spotted by pilots at LAX. They said based on the altitude and distance he would have had to have flown, that it was either like a $300,000 jet pack or @Go-Fly built it in his shop. True story.

Sent From Tapatalk

lmao!!

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
Update. The FAA and FBI came out today and said it is possible that the sightings near LAX were just a balloon. A police helicopter spotted one that looked like a character from Nightmare Before Christmas. However, that balloon looks nothing like a jet pack.

Wouldnt the pilots notice if it was flying vs floating in the air??

Hmmm

Last edited:

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
Update. The FAA and FBI came out today and said it is possible that the sightings near LAX were just a balloon. A police helicopter spotted one that looked like a character from Nightmare Before Christmas. However, that balloon looks nothing like a jet pack.

Wouldnt the pilots notice if it was flying vs floating in the air??

Hmmm
Winds aloft can do funny things, especially when you're perspective is closing in at commercial airliner speeds

spectras only

Reaction score
I'm not convinced seeing that stick man by the police photo in the news media video. The real scenario maybe that neither the FAA and FBI has/had a clue about 'jetpack man' the pilots seen. :p Don't forget the Pentagon didn't know or admit early about the hypersonic missile test by the Chinese and we just read the Russians had a successful test too.

Just want to add, I was in the military in mid 60's, [ I was a radio operator ] we had a rectangular shaped screen approx 65" wide in the control room, showing airplanes criss crossing the country near to the western border of Austria. We could capture flock of birds with old technology on military radar. Must be some pretty advanced military radar installation nearby LAX to pick up a balloon or ' jet pack man' :rolleyes: IMHO , this must be military related, albeit it's too close to interfere with civilian air traffic.🤔

cross section values:

Human: 1 m²
small combat aircraft: 2–3 m²
Cargo aircraft: up to 100 m²
This suggests that military radar might display a return to an operator. A civilian primary radar might be less likely to display a return to an operator.

Primary radar​

So far as I can tell, most civilian ATC and powered aircraft (TCAS etc) don't really make much use of primary radar to detect other airborne vehicles. They rely on transponder returns (i.e. secondary radar)

Even a large metal object like a Boeing 777 can disappear from the view of ATC and other aircraft when it turns off its transponder.

The Guardian newspaper reported

Last month, the Swedish government complained that a Russian military aircraft had been flying near its airspace with its transponders turned off to avoid being spotted by civilian radar, and nearly collided with a passenger jet.

Last edited: