WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Jewelry district downtown la

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Thursday is my anniversary. I guess you could say I waited till the last minute but I'm looking for some diamond earrings for my wife. Not trying to spend too much but want something nice. Anyone recommend any stores in downtown or should a stay away and just do tiffanys or robins bros or something. I'm working right by tiffanys. I can't afford their diamond earrings but they had some other nice stuff for under 500

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Seems like there was a jewler hookup here.....not sure.
Paging Budman:)

Raffit78

Reaction score
Jpwaverider He is a member here. Bought numerous pieces and he is a stand up guy.

Joe
(626) 825-4450

C-2

Reaction score
Some of their bracelets are reasonable, I bought one for wifey a few years back from the Century City location. :thumbsup I bought her the all heart links, tons of chicks have the regular charm or ID bracelet, but her piece is unique and I think it was $500.

If you do visit the jewelry district, try to get off the street level and into the shops that have to buzz you in, they usually have nicer pieces of jewelry.

McGruff38

Reaction score
I dealt with Olympic Jewelry in the Jewelry district before. Easy guy to deal. I had him make an engagement ring for me on the spot. I picked out different parts of 3 different rings I liked and had him make me one the way I wanted it. He stayed after closing and made it upstairs in the workshop. Negotiating the price was pretty painless too. I would recommend him.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Stay away from the big-box retailers - the markups are ridiculous.

chvynhra

Reaction score
The Jewelers Line. Super good guy I have done a lot of business with. And cheap!!

700 S. Hill St. #20
213 629 1962
Jewelersline.com

River Lynchmob

What can I do to u for u?
Reaction score
Thursday is my anniversary. I guess you could say I waited till the last minute but I'm looking for some diamond earrings for my wife. Not trying to spend too much but want something nice. Anyone recommend any stores in downtown or should a stay away and just do tiffanys or robins bros or something. I'm working right by tiffanys. I can't afford their diamond earrings but they had some other nice stuff for under 500

You're just paying for the name at those places I'd avoid them if you can.

Halvecto

Reaction score
Don't let the location deter you! I was very hesitant. I have gone the private jeweler route on multiple occasions when I knew exactly what I wanted and had it made. But for a last minute gift, this place has a big selection and their customer service is great, with very competitive pricing. They stand by their stuff and will exchange a piece if your wife wants to "browse" with her gift or even another piece she has. It is worth a stop in, if your going to be in LA. This place seems to have found the best of both worlds. Convenience/choice and wholesale pricing (get your negotiating game on).

www.xivkarats.com
314 South Beverly Drive. Beverly Hills, CA 90212

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Don't let the location deter you! I was very hesitant. I have gone the private jeweler route on multiple occasions when I knew exactly what I wanted and had it made. But for a last minute gift, this place has a big selection and their customer service is great, with very competitive pricing. They stand by their stuff and will exchange a piece if your wife wants to "browse" with her gift or even another piece she has. It is worth a stop in, if your going to be in LA. This place seems to have found the best of both worlds. Convenience/choice and wholesale pricing (get your negotiating game on).

www.xivkarats.com
314 South Beverly Drive. Beverly Hills, CA 90212

Sweet that's right by me I think. I'm on Santa Monica blvd and wilshire in Beverly Hills

Oso Viejo

Reaction score
550 S Hill suite 820

Ask for Angie, (Albert's daughter). Family owned and run I have bought jewelry from them for over 30 years, (not so much since I unloaded the wife), and they are as fair and honest as the day is long. If they don't have it, they'll make it and if they can't make it they will make a call and send you to someone who will take care of it to your satisfaction.

Beware, parking can be crazy after noon and don't bring a lifted truck.;)

Raffit78

Reaction score
Where is he located

He's in downtown la in the jewelry district

California jewelry Mart 607 south hill st. #344 Los Angeles ca 90014

Paul Kolo Co.

Call him and let him know your budget and what your looking for before going in, he will have options ready for you.

C-2

Reaction score
You're just paying for the name

Hello, Captain Obvious.

BHCVic, you were on the right track, $500 is not gonna land you anything nice, but if you can pull off any piece from Tiffany's, you're good to go. Jyst be sure to get a gift receipt so she doesn't think you're a cheap ass and bough a fake piece off of Craigslist :thumbsup

Joker

Reaction score
I think your wife deserves a love bracelet from Cartier. The car wash can wait another 5 years.:)

weasle

Reaction score
Sue & Ferris Designs at 550 S Hill St #543

213-614-9500

Great ladies to deal with and like others have said avoid the big retailers.

Inland Air Balance

Certified in something
Reaction score
Farah Jewlery see Sam
639 S Hill St. (jewelry district bldg)
Agree stay away from the Mall stores (Robbins Bros etc.,)

spectracular

Reaction score
I've purchased many sparkly things from Kings Jewlers. Always done right by me

Icing on the Ring is another one to check out.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I got her something after work. I think I did alright. The nanny said she thinks I forgot, so hopefully she's happy 😊 maybe someone can watch the kids and we can go to dinner on Thursday. Seems like 4 years went by fast

Mikemc1269

Reaction score
XIV Karats Beverly Hills...we have been going there for years. Talk to Sema, she will take care of you.

Sbarry

Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I got her something after work. I think I did alright. The nanny said she thinks I forgot, so hopefully she's happy [emoji4] maybe someone can watch the kids and we can go to dinner on Thursday. Seems like 4 years went by fast

Let's see it....

Congrats dude!

purrfecttremor

Reaction score
I'll take a pic Thursday. I forgot to take one before they gift wrapped it lol.

Kings jewler is the ticket Vic. When I had Donnas 3RD wedding ring made there they even took her 2ND one in on trade and gave me fair market plus! The ring has been appraised for far more than they charged me to build it. Sounds like you can't go wrong congratulations she'll love it!

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Kings jewler is the ticket Vic. When I had Donnas 3RD wedding ring made there they even took her 2ND one in on trade and gave me fair market plus! The ring has been appraised for far more than they charged me to build it. Sounds like you can't go wrong congratulations she'll love it!

I forget if it's 5 years or 10 but I guess I'll have to upgrade eventually. I spent way too much the first time don't know what I'll do to upgrade 😁😁😁