WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

John Force and fear

oldboatsrule

Reaction score
Sorry about your wife.
If you can’t see the stupidity about someone being scared of dieing from covid but thinks it’s perfectly safe to drive 330mph in 4 seconds I don’t know what to tell you.

Wheeling an AA/FC is far safer than you would think. It's not pinching your huge balls that's the dangerous part

v6toy4x

Reaction score
Sorry about your wife.
If you can’t see the stupidity about someone being scared of dieing from covid but thinks it’s perfectly safe to drive 330mph in 4 seconds I don’t know what to tell you.

comfort zone, his destiny in the car is in his hands, not the other.

Kinda like riding in a car with your buddy down hwy 50 into tahoe at night in the snow and he is hauling ass, I would be OK if I was driving!

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
comfort zone, his destiny in the car is in his hands, not the other.

Kinda like riding in a car with your buddy down hwy 50 into tahoe at night in the snow and he is hauling ass, I would be OK if I was driving!
This is exactly my thoughts on it. If you choose to do something, you obviously have less fear of doing it. Covid may not be bad for some, but horrible for others. We have no choice which. Also, John would be a Type A, Alpha, whatever you call it. Aside from the tune on the car, he calls the shots. When you are sick, with anything, you're not in charge...just along for the ride.

Moneypit

Ol' school kid..........
Reaction score
Anyone remember his book? "I saw Elvis at 1000 feet"... Not a masterpiece by any means, but even in it's paperback type format it was informative at the time....I'm pretty sure John has one of those "love him or hate him" personalities...I remember back to Orange County John could be a prince one week, and a total ass a month later.... IMO, John Force is the Dale Ernhart AND Richard Petty of the NHRA, and IMO, Garlitts isn't even in the top 20...Just MO....
Ray

dave29

Reaction score
Ya , my wife is going through Kidney failure do to COVID at 49 years old.
Prayers for your wife.
Met John Force years ago. Aside from him being the best Funny Car driver of all time and great representative for the sport, he's really a nice guy!!

jeteater1

Jet boats suck
Reaction score
Sorry about your wife.
Wow ok

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
Anyone remember his book? "I saw Elvis at 1000 feet"... Not a masterpiece by any means, but even in it's paperback type format it was informative at the time....I'm pretty sure John has one of those "love him or hate him" personalities...I remember back to Orange County John could be a prince one week, and a total ass a month later.... IMO, John Force is the Dale Ernhart AND Richard Petty of the NHRA, and IMO, Garlitts isn't even in the top 20...Just MO....
Ray

Refresh my Memory here. What work,developments and innovations did JF make and accomplish

v6toy4x

Reaction score
Ya , my wife is going through Kidney failure do to COVID at 49 years old.

Not sure how I missed this, my family has been hit too, not as close as a wife, its no joke. Prayers.

LOL!! Safer, until it happens to you or a Loved one.:rolleyes:

I am sure my cousin and 2 uncles would tell you they agree, If They Could!!

Last edited:

CLdrinker

Reaction score
LOL!! Safer, until it happens to you or a Loved one.:rolleyes:
Unfortunately jeteater’s wife has been affected by covid that sucks and it sucks for everyone who has been affected by it.
So should everyone who has been affected live in fear of it? If your answer is yes.

Then to use your way of thought everyone who knows someone who died in a car crash should live in fear of cars. Everyone who has had someone drown in a pool should live in fear of water.

I myself choose not to live in fear.

You are welcome too.

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
Unfortunately jeteater’s wife has been affected by covid that sucks and it sucks for everyone who has been affected by it.
So should everyone who has been affected live in fear of it? If your answer is yes.

Then to use your way of thought everyone who knows someone who died in a car crash should live in fear of cars. Everyone who has had someone drown in a pool should live in fear of water.

You are welcome too.
You'll change your thoughts on life there Mr. 30-40 year old. Right now you think you're bulletproof and a 230gn. FMJ 45 acp couldn't take you down. When you get on top of the hill looking down the other side MANY things change and the thought of the Daisy BB gun taking you down is pretty Fricken scary. Laugh all you want, you'll get there!!! We ALL do and will!!

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score

You are welcome too.

I think there is a difference between living your life in fear and having a healthy level of respect and caution towards something.

jeteater1

Jet boats suck
Reaction score
I think there is a difference between living your life in fear and having a healthy level of respect and caution towards something.
Yes 👍 , otherwise one would never leave the house. Like before my back surgery, we would flat foot this boat all day . Now I fear hitting a wake surfing wake and no being able to walk after.
Screenshot_20201226-170138_Facebook.jpg

Dana757

Reaction score
Sorry about your wife.

One risk is a choice and one isn’t. I don’t live in fear of COVID but have had friends get really sick and a few have died. I’d rather die in my boat then on a ventilator.

instagator

Reaction score

You are welcome too.
Yeah well I do not live in fear, but to be stupid is thinking this well never affect you or any one you know.

Looking Glass

Reaction score
You'll change your thoughts on life there Mr. 30-40 year old. Right now you think you're bulletproof and a 230gn. FMJ 45 acp couldn't take you down. When you get on top of the hill looking down the other side MANY things change and the thought of the Daisy BB gun taking you down is pretty Fricken scary. Laugh all you want, you'll get there!!! We ALL do and will!!

It's All Good until someone is Hurt OR Dies. Some things are Best Not Said.

IMO!!:confused:

CLdrinker

Reaction score
You missed the target.

v6toy4x

Reaction score
Another way to look at it,
Risk to Reward

Driving 300mph
Risk-possible death
Reward-fame, money, success, adrenaline rush, challenge etc.

Covid
Risk-possible death
Reward-????????

Moneypit

Ol' school kid..........
Reaction score
Refresh my Memory here. What work,developments and innovations did JF make and accomplish
Coyle's infamous blower dyno comes to mind, and numerous improvements / safety measures surrounding the clutch assy. And then there are the years his car was used as a "Safety Safari Official Test Vehicle" for fires in the lights. Looks like you fall into the "hate him" category... I remember when Force was only an "Also Ran", and from there to fame and fortune is quite an accomplishment... AND, he has an actual restored "short bus" school bus...
Ray

Looking Glass

Reaction score
Coyle's infamous blower dyno comes to mind, and numerous improvements / safety measures surrounding the clutch assy. And then there are the years his car was used as a "Safety Safari Official Test Vehicle" for fires in the lights. Looks like you fall into the "hate him" category... I remember when Force was only an "Also Ran", and from there to fame and fortune is quite an accomplishment... AND, he has an actual restored "short bus" school bus...
Ray

I am Far from a Hater, but if we are going to Compare, List and Acknowledge People who Pioneered NHRA Drag Racing Don Garlits is far above and beyond JF it is an Insult to Dismiss him.

The rear engine Dragster is here today because of Mr. Garlits. If Bernie Fedderly and Austin Coil had not joined his Team WAY BACK, when Gary Denshem helped him get his start in Australia, IMO he would be another "Grunt" racer making it by doing Exhibition RUNS whereever and Whenever he could Score one.

v6toy4x

Reaction score
I am Far from a Hater, but if we are going to Compare, List and Acknowledge People who Pioneered NHRA Drag Racing Don Garlits is far above and beyond JF it is an Insult to Dismiss him.

The rear engine Dragster is here today because of Mr. Garlits. If Bernie Fedderly and Austin Coil had not joined his Team WAY BACK, when Gary Denshem helped him get his start in Australia, IMO he would be another "Grunt" racer making it by doing Exhibition RUNS whereever and Whenever he could Score one.

Austin Coyle was the MAN!!!!!!!