WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

John Wick 3

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I liked #1, thought #2 was just ok, kind of cheesy actually.
Who kills 30 people to get their car back, then destroys the car in the process?

2 hours of steady killing gets kind of boring.

I’ll see 3 when it goes to rental.

Backlash

Reaction score
Wife went to the spa, I came here. :D

20190518_101851.jpg

Whoever doesn't enjoy ANY movie with a lot of shooting, violence and minimal plot can join Grads in the nail salon for a mani/pedi. :D

Not So Fast

Reaction score
I was disappointed, but after # 1 they all seem downhill, especially the sound track on "Parrabellum" #3, but as I said after #1 its hard to measure up IMHO
NSF

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
Got our tix for Galaxy tomorrow. Galaxys are great, leather (pleather) recliners, full bar! Cant wait!

Weird, I liked number two better than the first. The tactical movement/technique and weapons operations were so much cleaner and precise than the first. The shoot out scene where the DJ was playing in Rome was just so bad ass.

I own the first two on BluRay and they are always a go to for when someone who is visiting hasn't seen them or it's a raining Sunday afternoon.

Backlash

Reaction score
I enjoyed it and would recommend you go see it. Yes, it's like the other two, but isn't that what you'd expect? There are a lot of action scenes, lots of judo, lots of hand to hand and a ton of people who met their demise. You can tell a lot of training went into his character and his abilities on screen. And let's not forget, Halle Berry is in this one too. Nuff said. :D

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy a running tactical slaughter as much as the next guy.
But at least give me SOME semblance of a plot to work with other than a puppy and a mustang.

Where did we leave off?
The den mother of the “hotel for killers” put out an open contract on Wick for killing the guy that called in a marker on his sister...who had to convince Wick to honor said contract by blowing up his house.

and what’s with the local constable?
“Hey John...gas leak?”

Give me a little more Jason Borne and a little less “Kick ass”.
Although I gotta say, Hit Girl worked on a more solid plot than Wick does.
Still, I’ll watch it eventually!

Skinny Tire AH

This ain't all folks! Skater368
Reaction score
Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy a running tactical slaughter as much as the next guy.
But at least give me SOME semblance of a plot to work with other than a puppy and a mustang.

Where did we leave off?
The den mother of the “hotel for killers” put out an open contract on Wick for killing the guy that called in a marker on his sister...who had to convince Wick to honor said contract by blowing up his house.

and what’s with the local constable?
“Hey John...gas leak?”

Give me a little more Jason Borne and a little less “Kick ass”.
Although I gotta say, Hit Girl worked on a more solid plot than Wick does.
Still, I’ll watch it eventually!

50829520_1545707545531887_3260447293735698432_n.jpg

Backlash

Reaction score
You're right, he killed them for driving a slowass Mustang. :D :D

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Alot of people are trashing JW3. I'll decide for myself, until then JW is still a Badass even though he drives a Mustang….;)

DROVE a Mustang.
He totaled it out pretty much retrieving it, while slaughtering scores of really bad shots.
I assume Leguizamo has it fixed for JW3?

highvoltagehands

Laveycraft Nuera 2750
Reaction score
DROVE a Mustang.
He totaled it out pretty much retrieving it, while slaughtering scores of really bad shots.
I assume Leguizamo has it fixed for JW3?
You're right he Drove a Mustang and a Charger the Continental gave him.

Backlash

Reaction score
The only car that seems to survive JW3 is a Mercedes sedan. But he doesn't really touch that one during the movie. :D

Lumpy

Reaction score
Yes! It was good...can’t wait for the fourth one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

70sangersean

Reaction score
Saw it today at the blue water cinema. Can't say it wasn't action packed.

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Saw it last night. Loved it as usual for the series. Looking forward to a 4th. Keanu might make more money with this franchise than the Matrix if he keeps going.

brianwhiteboy

Professional Lurker
Reaction score
It’s about to go down right now....

Check back in two hours :cool:

Edit:

It delivered as expected. Probably could’ve done with one or two less extended fight scenes but overall was a good flick. Certainly leaves the door open for JW4.

Last edited:

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
Both my wife and I were let down. We loved 1 and 2. Story line was almost nonexistent in the third. I really liked where they were going with the story in 2 and had you thinking a little bit at least.

3 was just more and more massive killing and it seemed like some of the very cool weapons tactics and handling were lost in the shear amount of killing. They didn't try to one-up the first two in terms of weapons tactics, just the slaughter and gore factor.

I did like the knife fight in the first part. However, in the same scene the re-configuring of the Single Action was complete Hollywood BS. Same exact scene as in The Good the Bad and the Ugly (Tuco's scene). Even if you pulled exact parts from the exact same guns of the same era, the tolerances would be off so much because of time, wear and degradation of the weapon; it could only be assembled once again with some gun-smithing. I know, I'm just being critical but the Wick movies in general were known to be pretty realistic in terms of accuracy in the way the weapons were used and what was used.

Did anyone else catch when Wick said "Guns, lot's of them"? Nice little nod to the Matrix. I thought that was funny.

They truly should have ended the series with this third installment.

The BIGGEST positive is I am going to order me a new custom 1911!!! (possibly an STI) hahaha. :D got me all amped up to buy some more cool shit!

Last edited:

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Did anyone else catch when Wick said "Guns, lot's of them"? Nice little nod to the Matrix. I thought that was funny.

As soon as I heard that I laughed and pointed it out to my wife.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Both my wife and I were let down. We loved 1 and 2. Story line was almost nonexistent in the third. I really liked where they were going with the story in 2 and had you thinking a little bit at least.

3 was just more and more massive killing and it seemed like some of the very cool weapons tactics and handling were lost in the shear amount of killing. They didn't try to one-up the first two in terms of weapons tactics, just the slaughter and gore factor.

I did like the knife fight in the first part. However, in the same scene the re-configuring of the Single Action was complete Hollywood BS. Same exact scene as in The Good the Bad and the Ugly (Tuco's scene). Even if you pulled exact parts from the exact same guns of the same era, the tolerances would be off so much because of time, wear and degradation of the weapon; it could only be assembled once again with some gun-smithing. I know, I'm just being critical but the Wick movies in general were known to be pretty realistic in terms of accuracy in the way the weapons were used and what was used.

The BIGGEST positive is I am going to order me a new custom 1911!!! (possibly an STI) hahaha. :D got me all amped up to buy some more cool shit!

Or just get any 1911 or the new CZ 9 with the RMR sights

The new generation optics are the biggest accuracy enhancer in decades.

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
...I consider any movie I can catch an hour and a half nap in...a great film...thumb up...

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score

It’s hard to imagine “less” storyline and “more” killing.
Especially with the foreshadowing at the end of chapter 2.
I was hoping that they would develop the plot along those lines.

Oh well, I’ll still PPV it when it comes available.