Johnson family fun adventure

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Bearizona! Snowing pretty good

6FF9D48D-AA32-45F6-9815-5DE41D645C7A.jpeg

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Cool trip! We like that place, pretty cool to see stuff.

PlanB

Reaction score
Went there last Christmas Eve and it was snowing. Pretty cool place...

guest hs

Reaction score
Go up the road to the petting zoo it’s better then bearizona make sure you spend some time with the parrot there he is awesome talks up a storm and if funny too

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
Go up the road to the petting zoo it’s better then bearizona make sure you spend some time with the parrot there he is awesome talks up a storm and if funny too
I was gonna go there 2 weeks ago and due to covid the petting zoo was closed. Unless you are talking about a different place.

Tank

Reaction score
Hahaha. Taylor and AJ live that place!
Have fun!

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Is that the deer farm? We haven't been there. A couple of my friends have taken their grandkidss, or kids the so the Big Brothers stuff with. None of them have had a bad experience.

Roaddawg

Reaction score
Making memories Dave. That's what it is all about!

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
Geez, Dave.. I can't believe you and Stacey made all those kids already. Time sure flies.

The Prisoner

Reaction score
Are there still a crap load of watermelons everywhere?

The Prisoner

Reaction score
Yes that’s it
Deer farm is great. I’ll always associate remember feeling stupid there. When leaving was backing out in the Escalade and BAM! Hit a giant boulder too low for the camera to see good Plus maybe daydreaming. Luckily no damage except for a scratch on the receiver. :p

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
So it started snowing earlier but it is legit like SNOWING now.. dropped like 6-8 inches while we were in the train.

We had some friends come up from Havasu to do the train thing with us. They were in a camaro and when they got off the freeway the car kept sliding and sliding until they hit a curb and took a wheel off..:oops:

I’m pretty down for whatever but with three little ones I’m staying put until things thaw out a little. Stacy’s tires are worn on the inside and the thing was already doing the slip and slide earlier.. lol. I can’t imagine driving home through this shit.

So we are staying at the hotel with the train. Lol

let the booze begin!

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
@RiverDave , supposed to be getting close to 10" up there! Tomorrow morning will suck, but the plows will be out dumping cinders.
I hope your friends are good, and just a rim...A-arms start getting pricey, so does whiplash!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
It’s warm at the pub, they don’t have coorslight but I ordered a captain ajd
@RiverDave , supposed to be getting close to 10" up there! Tomorrow morning will suck, but the plows will be out dumping cinders.
I hope your friends are good, and just a rim...A-arms start getting pricey, so does whiplash!

image.jpg

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
You didn't take the RV?

JB in so cal

Reaction score
Awesome trip! Great timing. You have a sweet family. Nothing but goodness in this thread.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Car door being frozen shut was new to me...raised in the San Gabriel Valley. I broke the tailgate handle on my wife's Avalanche trying to unstick it :oops:
Learned to hit the seals with silicone spray as a non-stick...after figuring out how to replace the handle:confused:

wallnutz

Reaction score
Perfect time to go. Looks like a great time with family and friends!

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Williams is a cool little town. Did the same thing a few years ago, just a different season. Kids loved it.

jesco

Reaction score
Williams is an awesome little town. We use to go up every Spring and offroad. Our friends had a badass 10 acre property/cabin up there, their neighbor was Gene Price. If you ever go back have a drink at the Sultana, dates way back to the 1800s. OG cowboy saloon with wood floors, stage with candle lighting, pretty cool place.

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
For da win [emoji471][emoji817]

Best thread I have seen in week!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hermosa

Pibb + Red Vines = CD
Reaction score
The kids will remember that trip for a long time to come. well worth the price of admission.

RiverDiva

"Team RDP"
Reaction score
@RiverDave What was your review on the train? We have been talking about doing that this year.

The Polar Express was cute. The kids liked it but weren’t blown away by the “North Pole”. Thankful it was snowing as it really helped the cause. We did North Pole Experience and I think we all preferred that but we are glad we went. As for the train to Grand Canyon...if you haven’t done that we highly recommend! It’s well worth the $$. Dave and I have done it before but plan to take the kids back for that. They gave us 50% off coupons with our Polar Express tickets:)

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
The Polar Express was cute. The kids liked it but weren’t blown away by the “North Pole”. Thankful it was snowing as it really helped the cause. We did North Pole Experience and I think we all preferred that but we are glad we went. As for the train to Grand Canyon...if you haven’t done that we highly recommend! It’s well worth the $$. Dave and I have done it before but plan to take the kids back for that. They gave us 50% off coupons with our Polar Express tickets:)

Awesome thanks!

SoCalDave

Reaction score
You guys are doing it right, I love roadtrips!
That area brings back some very good memories over the past 35 years. I'll have to give further details of some of our adventures in another post/thread too not hijack here.

troostr

GOT MILK?
Reaction score
Shit! I’m glad we got through there before the snow! We went through Saturday, it was just windy as shit and cold. After our weekend in Visalia to see family we were going to head back to Williams and Sedona. Then we saw the snow and all hit, so we changed up and are at Newport Dunes till Saturday.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
RD's kids are self-propelled. They have interest and energy in everything they encounter. They get $50 worth of fun out of a 5 cent admission fee.

Last edited:

petie6464

Reaction score
Did the Polar Express a couple times, last trip the "Ice Man" was on the train with his family.