WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Johnson family rv trip part 1!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
We are off to campland with some friends for the week!

9BC21793-1F07-465F-8AE8-E443E790D363.jpeg
5147DBE6-8D2D-4796-8327-9DFB36D27A40.jpeg

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
are you towing the boat or a car?

Dr Rob

Reaction score

Dunerking

Reaction score
Have fun! Campland has been ours and about 8 other family annual 4th of July trip for 10 years+. Lots of stuff for the kids,like the skate park etc…plus easy to get around to restaurants or just chill in the on the beach!

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Many trips to Campland always good times.

Reactions: DWC

Singleton

Reaction score
Have fun @ campland.
My kid loves that place, my wallet, not so much.
We also stay at Campland for the OMBAC beach volleyball tournament at the point

wallnutz

Reaction score
Greetings from Campland!!

View attachment 1121268
Put an outside mat by your door or everything inside will be black from dirty feet. They can’t wash that blacktop off because of coastal rules of dirty water finning into the ocean. We like the dirt spots better, everything actually stays a little cleaner.

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Hard to beat a family RV trip. You’re making memories. Enjoy!

FishSniper

Reaction score

CarolynandBob

Reaction score

Barefoot Bar on Sundays used to be THE place to go.

I wish I had still all the money I spent at the Barefoot bar on Sundays. LOL

Gramps

Older Member
Reaction score
RD, if you are still there and want to see some cool "boats" head over to Fisherman's Landing. Point Loma & H and M Landing to see the long range sport fishers. Lunch at Point Loma Sea Foods is damn good while there.

GreenEnergy28

Reaction score
Heading out there tomorrow for the weekend. Kid is out of school so kicking off his break at CL. Beach cruisers and paddle boards for the win. Spend a little over 2-1/2 hours getting the motor home washed up yesterday.

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score
Got to hit Rocky's!!! Just down the road.....Take family for breakfast next door at The Menu then the boys stay for a burger and beer at Rocky's!

rockyscover.jpg

o.jpg

o.jpg
When I was a kid in the 80's, the Menu used to be a great burger joint. One of the best burgers I've ever had. They were actually better than Rocky's next door IMHO and Rocky burgers are delicious!

hplavey

AKA JFT
Reaction score
So Excited for your trip. Have a Safe and great time. I’ll be watching :)

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score

Lavey5150

Just one more
Reaction score
Good ole' Campland, that was a family staple as a kid in our Lance Camper and F-350 FORD 💪 Sea World,San Diego Zoo,Wild Animal Park
great times for sure.Enjoy!

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
Right next to the launch ramp at 'Dana Landing' is a tackle store, they have a great little sandwich shop in there.
Breakfast Burritos are killer as well.
They have tables out front where you can watch the launch ramp antics while you eat.

manxman

Reaction score
Right next to the launch ramp at 'Dana Landing' is a tackle store, they have a great little sandwich shop in there.
Breakfast Burritos are killer as well.
They have tables out front where you can watch the launch ramp antics while you eat.
Just had one of those breakfast burritos last week. There good, but not sure about Killer!

yz450mm

Reaction score
If you haven't been, Uber down to the Midway and spend a few hours going through the ship.

PS, they serve beer.

CarolynandBob

Reaction score
Go hit happy hour tomorrow morning..

Another one I use to go to.

My wife's favorite was/is Cass St. Bar and Grill. Now Tavern at the Beach, was Daily Planet use to be my go to. That or Plum Loco.

When we were dating and would break up I wasn't allowed to go to Cass St. and she wasn't allowed to go the the planet. LOL

Last edited:

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score
Another one I use to go to.

My wife's favorite was/is Cass St. Bar and Grill. Now Tavern at the Beach, was Daily Planet use to be my go to. That or Plum Loco.

When we were dating and would break up I wasn't allowed to go to Cass St. and she wasn't allowed to go the the planet. LOL

Both awesome places. Are you old enough to remember Tugg's Tavern, Old Ox, Open Bar, Penthouse, Beachcomber etc? All great beach haunts for a local PB kid.

CarolynandBob

Reaction score
Remember Old Ox and Beachcomber. Don't remember Tuggs or Open Bar. There was another more dance type place. Think it was called tremors or something like that. It was called something else before Tremors, but I can remember the name. I think it was a two word name back in 1993 ish.

spark2678

Reaction score
Costa Vista is our new spot. Campland is nice too.

Havasu Surfer

Reaction score
Dave hopefully you ended up on “J” row which faces the grass and stage. Volleyball and beach is close so you can still see the kids playing and the bar is only across the way. Party on!

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Previously mentioned, but I'll repeat it. Point Loma Sea Food, near the sportfishing landings, is outstanding. Timing your visit with the arrival of some fishing boats can be good. They're getting some very nice Tuna now. Typically you'll see them layed out for viewing and collection by those who caught them. Can be very impressive.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Loved renting the Hobie Cats there. Always a great place to stay! 👍🏼

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
Not sure if this is still possible . . . but we used to roll over to the bait receiver w/ a 5 gallon bucket and flip the dude some cash for a pass of sardines or chovies.
Then idlle over to the Barefoot Bar where they have the calico bass and yellowtail free-swimming and feed them . . . it was like Sea World feeding the fish !

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
So finally getting around to uploading the photos..

What I didn’t put into the thread was Stacy wadded an e bike pretty good at campland.

I was hoping her injuries would feel better in a day or so.. unfortunately it’s getting worse.

She went to the urgent care and it turns out unfortunately she broke a rib. 😢.

She is in a terrible amount of pain. She can’t lay down to sleep, she can’t get up without help. This deal sucks and I feel terrible for her.

wallnutz

Reaction score
So finally getting around to uploading the photos..

What I didn’t put into the thread was Stacy wadded an e bike pretty good at campland.

I was hoping her injuries would feel better in a day or so.. unfortunately it’s getting worse.

She went to the urgent care and it turns out unfortunately she broke a rib. 😢.

She is in a terrible amount of pain. She can’t lay down to sleep, she can’t get up without help. This deal sucks and I feel terrible for her.
Hope she heals up fast, broken ribs suck.
I am recovering now from pulling some muscle off a rib.

jeteater1

Jet boats suck
Reaction score
Man broken ribs suck , I pretty much sat and slept in a recliner when I did mine. Feel better Stacy.