WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Johnson Family vacation!

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
We are at Farmington UT at a campground / amusement & water park called “The Lagoon”. This was Sierra’s surprise for her birthday tomorrow

View attachment 1011522 View attachment 1011523 View attachment 1011524
Go mingle with a beer in your hand..... I always enjoyed ho
We are at Farmington UT at a campground / amusement & water park called “The Lagoon”. This was Sierra’s surprise for her birthday tomorrow

View attachment 1011522 View attachment 1011523 View attachment 1011524
Go mingle with a beer in your hand.... I always marveled at how friendly the blond haired freckled folks in UT are.... I'd stop in St George on way to Powell and hot tub with them. Man are they friendly fuckers.... spreading the good word.... don't be afraid to get struck by lightning this time of year.

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
Looks like an awesome trip!

I'm surprised there wasn't a pig tail in a compartment somewhere from the last owner.

Keep the pics comin!

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Looks like a good trip and all are enjoying it.

Get all the electrical adapters.....

I use the same quick disconnects for hoses. Don't need to be putting strain on the connections on the RV itself.

Those collapsible hoses will not work with a macerator.....

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Go mingle with a beer in your hand..... I always enjoyed ho

Go mingle with a beer in your hand.... I always marveled at how friendly the blond haired freckled folks in UT are.... I'd stop in St George on way to Powell and hot tub with them. Man are they friendly fuckers.... spreading the good word.... don't be afraid to get struck by lightning this time of year.

You know I’m married with three kids.. if that what ya meant by getting struck by lightning anyways.. lol

we have been BS’ing with the neighbors all night

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Looks like a good trip and all are enjoying it.

Get all the electrical adapters.....

I use the same quick disconnects for hoses. Don't need to be putting strain on the connections on the RV itself.

Those collapsible hoses will not work with a macerator.....

It’s just a fresh water hose.. does a macerated use a water line? If so why would the hose not work?

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
It’s just a fresh water hose.. does a macerated use a water line? If so why would the hose not work?

the “push” of the macerator is not enough pressure to expand a hose. You hook this up to run your black tank into. Only time when I use mine is when I have to push the black tank contents uphill or a distance of lets say 100’ away.

i tried to use one of those hoses and it did not work efficiently at all.

Hermosa

Pibb + Red Vines = CD
Reaction score
So just learned the next park we are staying in requires 30 amp.. and I need an adaptor. Turns out Home Depot supposedly sells them? Who knew!

Second thing I learned.. people drive aggressively in salt lake and surrounding areas.. I’m talking like Bay Area / Phoenix asshole style driving.. much much worse than LA / San Diego asshole style driving. Lol

It's not so much they are agressive, mostly just stupid. Worst drivers ever, not the smartest flock. Enjoy Utah, lots to see here, good camping also. I assume you got your 30/50 issue figured out, if not, there are a few RV dealers near where you are staying, they will have that plug for sure.

Tank

Reaction score
Diggin' this thread. Super jealous. Would LOVE to make this trip with the family.

How's the crowds? One of the ONLY reasons we don't go rent an RV and hit the road. Seems like everything is crowded now-a-days. I, like most I presume, HATE crowds.

Slick

Reaction score
This is the website.. haven’t checked out the amusement Park yet but this place seems pretty rad so far!

Nice, it is a great park. Grew up in that area. Your kids will have fun. Don’t know anymore but we use to drag a wagon with a cooler in there full of beer😬

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Dave you need one of these but it would say “I’m Motha Fuckin River Dave”

Old guy in camp in Nashville side gig, $20, gave him $30 and he flipped out.
1EBC95BE-DCA9-429D-B46C-49B288EFFC3C.png

Slick

Reaction score
So just learned the next park we are staying in requires 30 amp.. and I need an adaptor. Turns out Home Depot supposedly sells them? Who knew!

Second thing I learned.. people drive aggressively in salt lake and surrounding areas.. I’m talking like Bay Area / Phoenix asshole style driving.. much much worse than LA / San Diego asshole style driving. Lol
There is a Cabela‘s right by Lagoon in Farmington that should have this.

HBCraig

Reaction score
I’m really liking Sand Hollow and would like to plan a UTV trip here at some point in the near future. Not sure what the weather is like but it’s nice out right now! Gonna talk to some of my friends and see who’s in.
I have done that twice. The most epic riding I have ever done.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Yup, we drive from 6am till 3 or so. Rolling in after dark to a new place sucks.
Rolled into the corral Coral Pink at sundown.
“Almost” stuck but managed to throttle out if it. That would have really sucked😂

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Diggin' this thread. Super jealous. Would LOVE to make this trip with the family.

How's the crowds? One of the ONLY reasons we don't go rent an RV and hit the road. Seems like everything is crowded now-a-days. I, like most I presume, HATE crowds.
Tankster.... I've rented rv before when kids were youngsters and its a blast.... renting a nice rv is expensive nowadays but you got the budget and you've got the cool wife and young kiddos. Don't let the crowds distract ya..... rv parks are great people mingling areas. I frequent our Newport Dunes RV Park often and see all the friendly types hanging out with kids off leash and running around pooling it etc.... us coastal dudes might wanna travel to interior states though to mix it up. RDs hitting great areas on this leg.

Singleton

Reaction score

I would wait until 2023 then do it.
One of the best family trips we did was the 3 week Yellowstone, Grand Tetons and Zion with the ToyHauler.
we want to do it again, but this Covid crowd BS needs to break before we do it again,

Singleton

Reaction score
Yup, we drive from 6am till 3 or so. Rolling in after dark to a new place sucks.

that’s how we roll down the road on travel days.
My kids enjoyed this approach more then sleep in and get to next park @ dark

Wake up @ 5
Roling out of the park @ 6
Lunch Stop @ 11
Roll into new park by 3
Unhitch ToyHauler
Wife and kids go to pool, I head to gas station and gas up truck for next day
Happy Hour for Dad by 4

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
that’s how we roll down the road on travel days.
My kids enjoyed this approach more then sleep in and get to next park @ dark

Wake up @ 5
Roling out of the park @ 6
Lunch Stop @ 11
Roll into new park by 3
Unhitch ToyHauler
Wife and kids go to pool, I head to gas station and gas up truck for next day
Happy Hour for Dad by 4
Forgot to add in mine….start driving at 6 / wife rolls out of bed at 9

Singleton

Reaction score
Forgot to add in mine….start driving at 6 / wife rolls out of bed at 9

That is the reason we are thinking of switching to an RV vs the ToyHauler.
Only reason I stay away from an RV. We summer @ the Islander and don’t want an RV sitting 6 months without moving. Once we get kicked out of the Islander, we will most likely change it up.
Kids can sleep while I drive.

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
Only reason I stay away from an RV. We summer @ the Islander and don’t want an RV sitting 6 months without moving. Once we get kicked out of the Islander, we will most likely change it up.

We went cross country as a family back in 05, made if from phoenix to buffalo new york in like 3 and a half days? Dad was up and driving at 5ish while the rest of us still slept, mom took over at about 2 and dad napped. Pulled into most places around sunset.

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
Regarding the 50 to 30 amp, I have a 30’ amp extension cord that adapts 50 to 30. One can never have too many heavy duty extension cords.

So I have a long 50 amp extension cord and also a long 30 amp extension cord.

Sometimes I have to park far away from the big plug so it’s good to have plenty of big extension cords so we can run AC. Think about parking near the garage but not quite close enough to plug in to the welder plug. Lol

Another option to look into for yore rig.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Been there done that......going to Glamis in the toyhauler got old. Pull in late, cant go to sleep until everything gets unloaded, something leaked so it smells like fuel where the kids sleep, etc. Pull in now at 2 am hit level, hit the slides out button, hit the power window shades button and go to bed, deal with it in the daylight. And a plus is making the teenagers who tend to smell after a few days in the desert sleep in the trailer.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
@RiverDave is this the adapter you need? I can grab one from the RV store by my office and run one up to the Lagoon Campground if you are going to still be there today/tonight, As well if you need anything else from there i can pick up and drop off? Let me know either here or 702-266-7322 James.
View attachment 1011607

I have one while we are here but yes that’s exactly what we need.. you live around here?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
i'm in Salt Lake (South side in Draper). only a 30 minute drive to where you are so no biggie if you want me to pick you one up so you have one for the rest of the trip. :cool:

I would make it worth your while if ya showed up with that and a case of white claws or self/;/ for the wife!!

I didn’t unload the toad and discovered it’s harder to get booze than originally thought!

Terminal Velocity

Reaction score
I would make it worth your while if ya showed up with that and a case of white claws or self/;/ for the wife!!

I didn’t unload the toad and discovered it’s harder to get booze than originally thought!
😂 i'm not experienced in the ways of the Claws so you'll have to be specific on what i'm getting. But not a problem, let me know when you think you'll be done wondering the park and i'll head up there.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
😂 i'm not experienced in the ways of the Claws so you'll have to be specific on what i'm getting. But not a problem, let me know when you think you'll be done wondering the park and i'll head up there.

If they have white claws ya just get the variety pack x2. If they don’t have claws than any of the seltzer flavored drinks work.. the chicks love em. Lol

I think the park closes at six? Maybe 7?

Terminal Velocity

Reaction score
If they have white claws ya just get the variety pack x2. If they don’t have claws than any of the seltzer flavored drinks work.. the chicks love em. Lol

I think the park closes at six? Maybe 7?
annnndddd....???? that's way to many flavors for me to choose. LOL
claws.JPG

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

I love this place!! Fly into salt lake and rent an rv next year!

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
You know I’m married with three kids.. if that what ya meant by getting struck by lightning anyways.. lol

we have been BS’ing with the neighbors all night
Ha.... I always walk gingerly when in God's land up in UT..... I've done some sinning but understand you are pure like winter snow. ;)