WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Johnson Family vacation!

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
Wife and I say it every time we go anywhere that we need a few days off from the vacation just to recover when we get back. The struggle is real! 😁

Coming back from Hawaii a week ago, we did exactly that. We got home on Friday night and "recovered" over the weekend.

I have two weeks planned up to Glacier National Park in July. Getting super excited about it. Almost a week in the park and area and about five days in Idaho above twin falls. I am not one to post much on trips but I might try to do something different this time and run a thread on it.

Singleton

Reaction score
Wife and I say it every time we go anywhere that we need a few days off from the vacation just to recover when we get back. The struggle is real! 😁

All my vacations that require a plane have me returning to home on Saturday night, so we have Sunday to recover.

Havasu trips have me returning home Tuesday nights now and I am usually recovers by the weekend :)

Froggystyle

Reaction score
This is a great recap Dave... I'm doing the exact same trip here in one month and you have removed a bunch of the guesswork for me already! Already reserved the Lagoon, Lava Hot Springs, Yellowstone and Sand Hollow... but also hitting up Circus Circus on the way home.

Just trying to figure out how I'm going to get around once in Yellowstone. Will have the 30' RV, and the longest I could get a spot was 1 night each, so I'm hoping to pull out, go see Yellowstone, and come back to the new spot and just call it a day.

Singleton

Reaction score
This is a great recap Dave... I'm doing the exact same trip here in one month and you have removed a bunch of the guesswork for me already! Already reserved the Lagoon, Lava Hot Springs, Yellowstone and Sand Hollow... but also hitting up Circus Circus on the way home.

Just trying to figure out how I'm going to get around once in Yellowstone. Will have the 30' RV, and the longest I could get a spot was 1 night each, so I'm hoping to pull out, go see Yellowstone, and come back to the new spot and just call it a day.

take a TOAD, then park RV in day parking between spots. Driving a RV in Yellowstone to see the sites = PIA (parking during busy hours will be a cluster).

Froggystyle

Reaction score
take a TOAD, then park RV in day parking between spots. Driving a RV in Yellowstone to see the sites = PIA (parking during busy hours will be a cluster).
Can’t. Buying a trailer on the trip and need to haul it home.

Singleton

Reaction score
Can’t. Buying a trailer on the trip and need to haul it home.

Depending on gate your entering in, rent car to use while in Yellowstone. Very early morning (before 9), or after 5, moving around in RV is not that bad. Between 9-5 will be the issue.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Depending on gate your entering in, rent car to use while in Yellowstone. Very early morning (before 9), or after 5, moving around in RV is not that bad. Between 9-5 will be the issue.

Rental cars in MT are averaging $4-600+ a day....entire reason I drove my truck all the way instead of renting at the airport like we usually do....MT is packed right now..and there isn't shit available rental wise.

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
Dave , how much did you spend in fuel ? My Colorado used to be 32$ To fill it now 76$ 🤬

Reactions: DWC

angiebaby

Mountain Mama
Reaction score
They have a small Concession deal at the waterfall where they sell souvenirs and hotdogs etc..

I snapped some photos of the post cards so you guys could see what the falls look like at full pool. They say they are actually larger then Niagara Falls.

View attachment 1014143 View attachment 1014144

They are definitely NOT larger than Niagra Falls. Even at full pool. No way. They are beautiful, though. Our daughter lived in Twin Falls for a year before they moved back to Montana.

I'm so glad that you had such an epic trip. Thanks for sharing!

Last edited: