WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

July 1st gas tax in crease for California

Familyties

Reaction score
California’s gas tax climbed 50.5 cents a gallon as another increase went into effect on Wednesday.

The state’s excise tax rose 3.2 cents per gallon, bringing the total to 50.5 cents. Including federal and other taxes, California motorists are paying 79 cents in taxes per gallon at the pump — the highest in the nation, according to the American Petroleum Institute.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
California’s gas tax climbed 50.5 cents a gallon as another increase went into effect on Wednesday.

The state’s excise tax rose 3.2 cents per gallon, bringing the total to 50.5 cents. Including federal and other taxes, California motorists are paying 79 cents in taxes per gallon at the pump — the highest in the nation, according to the American Petroleum Institute.

No no no!!!
It’s the oil companies fault!!

RCDave

Reaction score
And all the liberals rejoice....

Reactions: DWC

sintax

Reaction score
Sweet, the roads are gonna be awesome in 2021. Let’s make it an even $1 and fix everything.

oh the last tax was to fix everything, this one will likely get looted to buy more trailers for the homeless, or maybe provide toupees for illegals

DWC

Reaction score
oh the last tax was to fix everything, this one will likely get looted to buy more trailers for the homeless, or maybe provide toupees for illegals
How about everyone gets to pay taxes according to how the register/vote?

RCDave

Reaction score
To a liberal, this is called: PROGRESSIVE TAX REFORM.....

PDQH2O

Reaction score
Such a joke, it just keeps coming in California the BS needs to stop

The only way to stop it is to vote it out. And CA has enough voters reliant on the Govt with no skin in the game and nothing to lose, that isn't likely to happen.

Unfortunately, the "joke" is on those dwindling numbers of people who are productive members of society, trying to do what's right and get ahead. The balance has shifted for the once great state of California, I'm afraid.

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score
I don't know why you Californians are complaining, you have that fancy high speed train you can ride.
Or not...

bobbytheboozer

resident boozer
Reaction score
Geez, I can't wait to get out of this shit state. I have an empty tank in my truck and need to fill up tomorrow morning

LC925

Reaction score
I just filled up half way to get me to Havasu tomorrow 🤷🏻‍♂️ Wish I can take a high capacity tank or something with me.

Starloans

Reaction score
I make every effort to avoid visiting or spending money in California.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
The opportunity to vote them out is basically over as the DemocratIc Communist Party has a super-majority in Sacramento meaning there’s no chance non-Democrat’s can keep their majority in check.

The “good news” is the politicians will use your tax dollars to pay for 24/7 private armed guards while they continue to destroy law enforcement

rrrr

Reaction score
I've said this before...

The gas tax hits the people the CA Democrats claim to care about the hardest. Service sector wages are low, and because of idiotic housing restrictions that have made real estate prices nuts, those people working in the city must commute. A hundred miles or more of driving every day is common.

The gas tax increasingly takes a larger percentage of income that's already inadequate from those workers. No one in state government stands up for them. It's just another example of the hypocrisy of the left.

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
The only way to stop it is to vote it out. And CA has enough voters reliant on the Govt with no skin in the game and nothing to lose, that isn't likely to happen.

Unfortunately, the "joke" is on those dwindling numbers of people who are productive members of society, trying to do what's right and get ahead. The balance has shifted for the once great state of California, I'm afraid.
Kinda makes you wonder if the Forefathers of the Country knew something about " only land owners get to vote " don't it!!!