WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

June Lake Loop Trip

Beerme

Retired...Time for a cold one!
Reaction score
Headed up to June Lake Loop for four days fishing with my dad and son. We stayed at Grant Lake which is where I have been going with my dad since I was a little kid. The water level in the lake was the highest I have seen it in a long time. We rented a boat one day and were hoping to slaughter the 800 pounds of Oregon Trout that they had planted the day before, but we did not get any bites. No big deal as I go more for the family time with my pops and son than anything else. Fished Rush Creek and again it was dead. In talking with many of the people up there, the bite has been horrible with most people blaming the high heat. We had a clear couple of days, but then were getting hit with smoke in the afternoons from the Yosemite fire. Had a great time and even let my son smoke his first cigar:D
Grant Lake 1.jpg
Grant Lake 2.jpg
Grant Lake 3.jpg
Grant Lake 4.jpg

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
Headed up to June Lake Loop for four days fishing with my dad and son. We stayed at Grant Lake which is where I have been going with my dad since I was a little kid. The water level in the lake was the highest I have seen it in a long time. We rented a boat one day and were hoping to slaughter the 800 pounds of Oregon Trout that they had planted the day before, but we did not get any bites. No big deal as I go more for the family time with my pops and son than anything else. Fished Rush Creek and again it was dead. In talking with many of the people up there, the bite has been horrible with most people blaming the high heat. We had a clear couple of days, but then were getting hit with smoke in the afternoons from the Yosemite fire. Had a great time and even let my son smoke his first cigar:D
View attachment 669225 View attachment 669226 View attachment 669227 View attachment 669228

sounds like an awesome trip. Did he puke?

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Love that area. Did you hit up the Double Eagle Inn? One of my favorite places for lunch!

Beerme

Reaction score
Love that area. Did you hit up the Double Eagle Inn? One of my favorite places for lunch!
No, never been there. Is that in June Lake? We usually hit up the Tiger Bar for lunch, however I chose to cook most meals this trip.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
No, never been there. Is that in June Lake? We usually hit up the Tiger Bar for lunch, however I chose to cook most meals this trip.

Yes...

Lets say you are headed into town from the 395. Once you pass through the business district, the road makes a right, and it will be on your left, just after that.

I always get the fish tacos...

20150801_132652.jpg
20150801_132622.jpg
20150801_132844.jpg
20150801_132720.jpg
20150801_145134.jpg

Beerme

Reaction score

wishiknew

Reaction score
View attachment 669225 View attachment 669226 View attachment 669227 View attachment 669228
is he really smoking next to a 500 gallon propain tank ????

Beerme

Reaction score
is he really smoking next to a 500 gallon propain tank ????
Gotta love it! There is no power at Grant Lake so the bathroom lights are powered by propane. We actually got lightning and hail the first day and I told my Dad we were camped next to the tallest tree in the park and the propane tank, great:D